My mom has cancer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2015, 03:31 PM
RE: My mom has cancer.
My mom just had both her breasts removed today. Doc did say that because of the size of what they found in the one, being less than to centimeters, they think the removals should take care of it with hormone replacement after. Less than 5% chance of spreading. Still not easy for anyone to go through when hearing the word cancer. I love my mom too and I really don't know what I would do with out her.

Ladies, get yourself checked regularly, know your family history, and know the earlier it is found the higher rate of survival.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2015, 03:58 PM
(17-06-2015 03:31 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  My mom just had both her breasts removed today. Doc did say that because of the size of what they found in the one, being less than to centimeters, they think the removals should take care of it with hormone replacement after. Less than 5% chance of spreading. Still not easy for anyone to go through when hearing the word cancer. I love my mom too and I really don't know what I would do with out her.

Ladies, get yourself checked regularly, know your family history, and know the earlier it is found the higher rate of survival.

Many gentle hugs to your mom...I have been through the same but no hormones for me. It's a physical and emotional roller coaster. Be patient and if you want to know of some life hacks - you know where to find me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
17-06-2015, 03:58 PM
(17-06-2015 02:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Well.

Her most recent scan came back.

The cancer has been completely eradicated. She'll continue still have the last two rounds of chemo, but it looks like she is in complete remission.

Excellent news! Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-06-2015, 04:24 PM
(17-06-2015 03:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 03:31 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  My mom just had both her breasts removed today. Doc did say that because of the size of what they found in the one, being less than to centimeters, they think the removals should take care of it with hormone replacement after. Less than 5% chance of spreading. Still not easy for anyone to go through when hearing the word cancer. I love my mom too and I really don't know what I would do with out her.

Many gentle hugs to your mom...I have been through the same but no hormones for me. It's a physical and emotional roller coaster. Be patient and if you want to know of some life hacks - you know where to find me.

I am really proud of my mom, she has taken this really well, kept a smile on her face and a sense of humor about it. I think she did that more for me than anything, if I saw her cry and loose it, I would lose it. She already got feisty with the nurses coming in every half hour waking her up when she is trying to sleep, they have to to monitor her, but I worry more when she simply has no interest in anything and doesn't respond. She did really well today considering.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Tell her to hang in there. I am sorry to learn this and am about to make my own post re' cancer in my thread.

Hard to know what to say because I am downright miserable.

Good luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-06-2015, 10:55 PM
Just saw the recent scan result. GREAT!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
18-06-2015, 12:52 AM
Hiya, KC. Sorry to hear 'bout you mom, but take heart -- my son's mom was diagnosed in 2000 with breast cancer, and after a small remission, in 2003, they found five, count 'em five malignant tumors in her, two in her lymph nodes. She was given three months. Here we are twelve years later, and she's still alive.

Will it work for your mom? No one knows. But a good attitude helps. Be there for her, let your love shine into her heart, and how she might use that strength -- to ease her dying, or to prolong her living-- well, that's on her, and you have to let her make up her own mind on that.

I'm sure you knew that already, so forgive my preachiness.

Much love for you -- it's a hard road, little monk, and you didn't choose it for yourself.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-06-2015, 12:55 AM

The cancer has been completely eradicated. She'll continue still have the last two rounds of chemo, but it looks like she is in complete remission.

It helps to read the whole thread. Thumbsup

Banjo.
18-06-2015, 11:07 AM

I just read the thread--so sorry to hear about your mom. But I am so glad to hear she is doing well. Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
23-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Several months ago the cancer came back. She's been at MD Anderson and started t-cell treatment earlier this week. She's not responding well and has started to seize. They have her in ICU.

This is not looking good.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]