My mother and 444.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2012, 09:19 AM
My mother and 444.
I just need to tell someone about what just happend seconds ago. My head hurts from the sheer stupidity.
My mother called me into her room and started talking about how she keeps wakeing up at 4:44, her tim hortons bill came to 4:44 and when she looked online she said it had something to do with angels.. then some balls about her getting the feeling that her feet are being washed while shes in bed... also when she asked for a sign.. specificly a butterfly to land on the window.. it happend, then a theist facebook thing she was looking at just posted a picture of a butterfly of the same type... then... lastly... when my mother asked in her head... my 5 year old brother isaac asked if butterflys get lonely.
I tried to explain to her... that the time thing is just you noticing a certian number once in awhile.. like sometimes i look at the clock and it says 9:11. It doesn't happen all the time, but thats the number i tend to notice.
She claimed she was agnostic.. i asked if she was spritual and she said no, but she believes in angels and all that crap...
I called my father about it, he doesn't care. He's agnostic.. i think, and he has a soft spot for theists because he was raised by several families that were.
Just needed to tell SOMEONE. Since i don't know any like minded people where i am.
Comments? Thoughts? Please, say something to keep me from ripping my hair out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2012, 09:26 AM
RE: My mother and 444.
I think you are right in saying she notices the number. Chances are shes woke up at that time a few times and that numbers stuck in her head. so she will notice it anywhere. Conveniently ignoring any other numbers which she sees more often. As for the butterfly thing. your brother must have over heard her mention buterflys at some point, which is why he asked that.

If the angels are giving her signs at will, ask her to ask for world peace, or an end to famines and drought in places like Africa etc.

And welcome to the forum Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
31-05-2012, 09:28 AM
(31-05-2012 09:26 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I think you are right in saying she notices the number. Chances are shes woke up at that time a few times and that numbers stuck in her head. so she will notice it anywhere. Conveniently ignoring any other numbers which she sees more often. As for the butterfly thing. your brother must have over heard her mention buterflys at some point, which is why he asked that.

If the angels are giving her signs at will, ask her to ask for world peace, or an end to famines and drought in places like Africa etc.

Exactly my thoughts... i asked her to do something much simpler... make a couger apear out of the woods.. or maybe a lightning strike when no cloud is in the sky.
31-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Sounds to me like your mother is slipping into a bought of dis-functional insanity. Good luck with that.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
31-05-2012, 09:34 AM
(31-05-2012 09:28 AM)Mizzory Wrote:  Exactly my thoughts... i asked her to do something much simpler... make a couger apear out of the woods.. or maybe a lightning strike when no cloud is in the sky.

If they can make a butterfly appear, then they can do something good that helps millions as a sign instead of "lets send a butterfly surely that will be a undeniable sign". Man angels aren't very imaginative are they.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
31-05-2012, 09:40 AM
(31-05-2012 09:34 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(31-05-2012 09:28 AM)Mizzory Wrote:  Exactly my thoughts... i asked her to do something much simpler... make a couger apear out of the woods.. or maybe a lightning strike when no cloud is in the sky.

If they can make a butterfly appear, then they can do something good that helps millions as a sign instead of "lets send a butterfly surely that will be a undeniable sign". Man angels aren't very imaginative are they.
OMG i went upstairs and asked that EXACTY question for a bunch of butterflys.. i come back and you say the same thing! MUST BE ANGELS!
Also that thing with the kid asking about the butterflys... she claims that she didn't say anything before that happend, but.. you know.
It's weird.. because on either side of the family everyone is agnostic..or atleast openminded. As far as i know, i'm the only atheist.
Religon doesn't run in the family on her side... but cancer does, so i'm guessing she has a tumor in her head.
[+] 1 user Likes Mizzory's post
31-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Growing up, I used to always see 11:11 or 1:11 and think it was lucky and I'd make a wish. But, we are most likely to notice patterns. I saw all kinds of random numbered times in between the 1 series, but never noticed them because in my mind they didn't add up to a pattern.

Our brains are developed to see patterns for things like survival (example sets and rows of a predators paws in the dirt lets us know to stay alert as danger might be around) and recognition for land marks to orient ourselves, etc.

My mom always sees moose as signs since she moved to the country. I just wonder why those moose never came by when we lived int he city growing up? That might be something Tongue
31-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Tell her the watch the Jim Carrey Movie The Number 23. It should explain a lot.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
31-05-2012, 12:03 PM
23 sux. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Is she prone to other superstitions? Not letting black cats cross her path, not walking under ladders, knocking on wood...stuff like that? If she is, maybe that's just her thought process.

Some people go for it all...don't open an umbrella inside, breaking a mirror is seven years of bad luck, Friday the 13th nonsense, the list is endless.

But I have to say that I see number patterns. Not as much as I used to, but I would lock in on similar numbers, or be kind of surprised when my total at a store was an even dollar amount, silly stuff like that.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy