My mother in-law

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2014, 09:20 AM
My mother in-law
So my wife's family is heavily religious. Funny enough they always pushed her to study her bible and when she did...she became agnostic although they don't know this. So my mother in law is basically the head when it comes to the religious backbone in the household. Every time she want to start preaching or referring to the bible all I want to do is point out this:

1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

1 Corinthians 14:34
The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says.

The whole time I wouldn't say a damn thing just flip and point to the verses and when I'm done just Drinking Beverage

Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
17-07-2014, 09:45 AM
RE: My mother in-law

Wink

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
17-07-2014, 10:55 AM
The verses you quoted are about how women are to act in church, not in their homes.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-07-2014, 11:13 AM
(17-07-2014 10:55 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The verses you quoted are about how women are to act in church, not in their homes.
Still doesn't take away from the message of "women shut up and don't question" So it doesn't matter about the place it's still telling you to control what a person is saying or to speak at all for that matter. That argument doesn't help you what so ever.
Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like MrKrispy601's post
18-07-2014, 06:44 AM
Bullshit theophilus. Sit down and read what these passages actually say, not what you want them to say.

1 Timothy 2:
"11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

1 Corinthians 14:
"34 Women[f] should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.[g]"

The message is simple: Shut up and get pregnant. Don't tell a man what to do. Your husband will tell you what you must believe.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 7 users Like Hafnof's post
19-07-2014, 05:08 AM
(17-07-2014 10:55 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The verses you quoted are about how women are to act in church, not in their homes.

How dare this "god" tell anyone to act?

Your "god" is a sock puppet for a priest.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-07-2014, 05:13 AM
(19-07-2014 05:08 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  

How dare this "god" tell anyone to act?

Your "god" is a sock puppet for a priest.

Well that's one way of saying it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-07-2014, 05:31 AM
(18-07-2014 06:44 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Bullshit theophilus. Sit down and read what these passages actually say, not what you want them to say.
You are right! We are both guilty of this. Lets read the whole passage shall we!

Quote:1 Timothy 2:
"11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

Translation (which is far worst then the cut version): Woman are evil and do not have the right to teach or have authority over man because Eve was deceived and not adam and turned Adam into a sinner. A Woman's job in this world is to make babies and nothing else for she has no power what so ever. In Making babies....Oh..WOW that is terrible. Timothy 2:12 is FAR worst now that you have shown us the entire passage. Thank you for sharing! I really hope there are Christians reading this because its the truth.

Quote:1 Corinthians 14:
"34 Women[f] should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.[g]"

In other words, Shut up woman. You are not allowed to talk about god or even take part in the psalms and other songs within the church. Church has a no girls allowed sign and your only here as a privilege.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post