My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2012, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2012 10:58 AM by earmuffs.)
My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!
It's just a fact, my grilled cheese recipe is the best in the world, hands down. Period.

Like, don't even try to argue because it's pointless.

So because I'm somewhat of a nice person some of the time I will now share you recipe with you.
Do you feel blessed because this shit don't happen... ever.

Except today.

Muff's Famous Grilled Cheese.

Ingredients:
- two slices of sandwich bread.
- Block of cheese
- Secret Ingredient: Chicken Salt

Preparation:
- The second secret: The key is in the preparation of the bread. The slices of bread must be frozen. That is absolutely crucial.
- Preheat oven to high on grill.

Method:
- Take frozen slices of bread from freezer.
- Grate a small pile of cheese onto the each slice of the frozen bread roughly 10cm high or enough to cover the bread going steadily up to a central point.
- sprinkle chicken salt over the cheese.
- grill until cheese to golden brown and bubbling
- stack like pancakes
-enjoy.

If that is not the best grilled cheese you have ever had, then you are doing it wrong and should start over from the start because that recipe is full proof.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
29-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Re
Must.....resist....temptation.....to comment.......on muffs mom.......

Nah, seriously, that sounds pretty good. I may just give it a try this afternoon. Thanks for the recipe man.

P.S. shorten the thread title a bit. Replying add "re" to the title and makes it too long.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
29-08-2012, 10:59 AM
RE: Re
(29-08-2012 10:56 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Must.....resist....temptation.....to comment.......on muffs mom.......

Nah, seriously, that sounds pretty good. I may just give it a try this afternoon. Thanks for the recipe man.

P.S. shorten the thread title a bit. Replying add "re" to the title and makes it too long.

It does sound good. But it is not a grilled cheese sandwich.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2012, 11:01 AM
(29-08-2012 10:56 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Must.....resist....temptation.....to comment.......on muffs mom.......

shortened.

The key to eating it is to get a little primitive and just use your hands. (Which is why it's not a good idea to eat it at the computer) And just tear it apart. Because the bread was frozen it literally pulls apart in half and you can eat the base which is like soft bread and then the top is stuck to the cheese, so it's like just the white stuff of the bread stuck to warm gooy cheese, so good.

29-08-2012, 11:02 AM
(29-08-2012 10:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  

It does sound good. But it is not a grilled cheese sandwich.

sandwich?

This isn't subway son.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
29-08-2012, 11:16 AM
RE: My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!
Muffs, are you a classic cheddar guy, or do you get creative with the cheeses? I often toss in some Monterey Jack, goat, or other cheese into the mix. But I want to try your original recipe first. What cheese do you recommend?

[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
29-08-2012, 08:23 PM
RE: My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!
Well, I went with just straight cheddar. I may have to try it a couple times to get it right, but my first attempt was pretty good. I think I'll go with less cheese next time, so I can get a little more crisp on the outside edges, a,d slightly less gooey ness in the middle.

29-08-2012, 11:09 PM
(29-08-2012 11:16 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Muffs, are you a classic cheddar guy, or do you get creative with the cheeses? I often toss in some Monterey Jack, goat, or other cheese into the mix. But I want to try your original recipe first. What cheese do you recommend?

I'm a go-with-whatever-is-in-the-fridge-which-happens-to-be-what's-on-special-because-cheese-is-so-damn-expensive sort of guy.

And yea, I like a lot of cheese, I like the crispy cheese bits too but I prefer just a lump of gooy cheese.
If you're more of a crispy cheese person, by all means use less cheese and leave it in for longer.

30-08-2012, 12:47 AM
I made similar, but more complex "sandwiches"... But this freezing thing is great, I haven't thought of that before, makes perfect sense now. Just gotta ask, what is a chicken salt? All I know is sea salt. Can I use that, or go without salt?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-08-2012, 04:54 AM
(30-08-2012 12:47 AM)Filox Wrote:  I made similar, but more complex "sandwiches"... But this freezing thing is great, I haven't thought of that before, makes perfect sense now. Just gotta ask, what is a chicken salt? All I know is sea salt. Can I use that, or go without salt?

Ohmy Ohmy Ohmy Ohmy Ohmy Ohmy Ohmy Ohmy Ohmy

How have you gone through life!!!
No wonder you're a god damn dirty communist, all you need is bloody chicken salt!

It's like the 'special salt' they put on chips (like hot chips, not 'crisps') and stuff at fish n' chip shops. Ahhh, sorta like the stuff they put on KFC chips. It's sorta more like flavoring then actual salt, like you don't really use it like actual salt.

Just normal salt, sea or non-sea salt wouldn't work. Gotta be chicken salt or not at all.
Though lemon salt might work.