My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2012, 10:44 AM
RE: My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!
(30-08-2012 10:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It does say grill in the recipe.

No.. it says "- preheat oven to high on grill " Oven ... grill = way different things.
So, thanks for the clarification. Thumbsup

Chicken Salt Ingredients:
Salt, Natural Chicken Extract, Paprika, Onion, Garlic, Acidity Regulator (Citric), Wheat Starch, Pepper, Celery Seed

I'm not gonna do the chicken extract (don't know where that chicken's been) ... I will do the Paprika, Onion, Garlic, Pepper, Celery Seed. I think I'll stop there... and maybe experiment later with a teensy bit of sage to add a chicken-like richness.

I'm kind of like Stark with the cheese variety - damn, this sounds good... that celery seed - I don't think I would have gone there, so now I can't wait to try it! Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2012, 11:43 AM
RE: My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!
(29-08-2012 10:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's just a fact, my grilled cheese recipe is the best in the world, hands down. Period.

Muff's Famous Grilled Cheese.

Ingredients:
- two slices of sandwich bread.
- Block of cheese
- Secret Ingredient: Chicken Salt

Preparation:
- The second secret: The key is in the preparation of the bread. The slices of bread must be frozen. That is absolutely crucial.
- Preheat oven to high on grill.

Method:
- Take frozen slices of bread from freezer.
- Grate a small pile of cheese onto the each slice of the frozen bread roughly 10cm high or enough to cover the bread going steadily up to a central point.
- sprinkle chicken salt over the cheese.
- grill until cheese to golden brown and bubbling
- stack like pancakes
-enjoy.

Wow! .. awh damn! know what i'm having for lunch today! just waiting for the bread to freeze

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
30-08-2012, 11:43 PM
(30-08-2012 10:44 AM)kim Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 10:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It does say grill in the recipe.

No.. it says "- preheat oven to high on grill " Oven ... grill = way different things.
So, thanks for the clarification. Thumbsup

Chicken Salt Ingredients:
Salt, Natural Chicken Extract, Paprika, Onion, Garlic, Acidity Regulator (Citric), Wheat Starch, Pepper, Celery Seed

I'm not gonna do the chicken extract (don't know where that chicken's been) ... I will do the Paprika, Onion, Garlic, Pepper, Celery Seed. I think I'll stop there... and maybe experiment later with a teensy bit of sage to add a chicken-like richness.

I'm kind of like Stark with the cheese variety - damn, this sounds good... that celery seed - I don't think I would have gone there, so now I can't wait to try it! Smile

exactly, "preheat oven to high on grill".
See, does say grill. Smartass

And I have never herd anyone make their own chicken salt before. Consider
Though I suppose you could make your falovored salt providing you have like something to mash it all with, mortal and pastel perhaps or maybe even a food processor.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
31-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Oh earmuffs, my poor boy. I don't know about chicken salt because that is just a mixture of ingredients and I do not use mixture, I use ingredients and mix them myself. Chicken salt, what a bunch of BS. You foreigners are so strange...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
31-08-2012, 07:49 AM
(31-08-2012 07:45 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh earmuffs, my poor boy. I don't know about chicken salt because that is just a mixture of ingredients and I do not use mixture, I use ingredients and mix them myself. Chicken salt, what a bunch of BS. You foreigners are so strange...

Big Grin

I'm much the same. I like making things from scratch. It usually tastes better and you get more satisfaction out of it. Big Grin

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
31-08-2012, 08:27 AM
(31-08-2012 07:49 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 07:45 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh earmuffs, my poor boy. I don't know about chicken salt because that is just a mixture of ingredients and I do not use mixture, I use ingredients and mix them myself. Chicken salt, what a bunch of BS. You foreigners are so strange...

Big Grin

I'm much the same. I like making things from scratch. It usually tastes better and you get more satisfaction out of it. Big Grin

Yep - I'm the same way - scratch is always more flavorful... and often cheaper in the long run. Thumbsup

Gosh, I can't wait to try that celery seed!

I might even experiment with my own little concoction of fresh vegies - onion, garlic, and celery... make a kind of chutney or pesto ... do a little bruschetta thing. Just the mention of celery got me thinking how much I love it - it's such a strong flavor and so refreshing! Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
31-08-2012, 08:48 AM
you people are weird.

Also, the bottle thing says 75% salt, 10% chicken flavor-thingy, everything else the other 15%.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
31-08-2012, 09:07 AM
So, then I can use a bit of normal salt and put some of the other spices that I like? Why didn't you say so...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
31-08-2012, 09:14 AM
You gotta try chicken salt, when you do you'll know where I'm coming from.

31-08-2012, 09:16 AM
My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!
(31-08-2012 09:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You gotta try chicken salt, when you do you'll know where I'm coming from.

I've been looking for it here. No one local seems to carry it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My