My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2012, 10:44 AM
RE: My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!
(30-08-2012 10:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It does say grill in the recipe.

No.. it says "- preheat oven to high on grill " Oven ... grill = way different things.
So, thanks for the clarification. Thumbsup

Chicken Salt Ingredients:
Salt, Natural Chicken Extract, Paprika, Onion, Garlic, Acidity Regulator (Citric), Wheat Starch, Pepper, Celery Seed

I'm not gonna do the chicken extract (don't know where that chicken's been) ... I will do the Paprika, Onion, Garlic, Pepper, Celery Seed. I think I'll stop there... and maybe experiment later with a teensy bit of sage to add a chicken-like richness.

I'm kind of like Stark with the cheese variety - damn, this sounds good... that celery seed - I don't think I would have gone there, so now I can't wait to try it! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2012, 11:43 AM
RE: My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!
(29-08-2012 10:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's just a fact, my grilled cheese recipe is the best in the world, hands down. Period.

Muff's Famous Grilled Cheese.

Ingredients:
- two slices of sandwich bread.
- Block of cheese
- Secret Ingredient: Chicken Salt

Preparation:
- The second secret: The key is in the preparation of the bread. The slices of bread must be frozen. That is absolutely crucial.
- Preheat oven to high on grill.

Method:
- Take frozen slices of bread from freezer.
- Grate a small pile of cheese onto the each slice of the frozen bread roughly 10cm high or enough to cover the bread going steadily up to a central point.
- sprinkle chicken salt over the cheese.
- grill until cheese to golden brown and bubbling
- stack like pancakes
-enjoy.

Wow! .. awh damn! know what i'm having for lunch today! just waiting for the bread to freeze

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
30-08-2012, 11:43 PM
(30-08-2012 10:44 AM)kim Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 10:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It does say grill in the recipe.

No.. it says "- preheat oven to high on grill " Oven ... grill = way different things.
So, thanks for the clarification. Thumbsup

Chicken Salt Ingredients:
Salt, Natural Chicken Extract, Paprika, Onion, Garlic, Acidity Regulator (Citric), Wheat Starch, Pepper, Celery Seed

I'm not gonna do the chicken extract (don't know where that chicken's been) ... I will do the Paprika, Onion, Garlic, Pepper, Celery Seed. I think I'll stop there... and maybe experiment later with a teensy bit of sage to add a chicken-like richness.

I'm kind of like Stark with the cheese variety - damn, this sounds good... that celery seed - I don't think I would have gone there, so now I can't wait to try it! Smile

exactly, "preheat oven to high on grill".
See, does say grill. Smartass

And I have never herd anyone make their own chicken salt before. Consider
Though I suppose you could make your falovored salt providing you have like something to mash it all with, mortal and pastel perhaps or maybe even a food processor.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
31-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Oh earmuffs, my poor boy. I don't know about chicken salt because that is just a mixture of ingredients and I do not use mixture, I use ingredients and mix them myself. Chicken salt, what a bunch of BS. You foreigners are so strange...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
31-08-2012, 07:49 AM
(31-08-2012 07:45 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh earmuffs, my poor boy. I don't know about chicken salt because that is just a mixture of ingredients and I do not use mixture, I use ingredients and mix them myself. Chicken salt, what a bunch of BS. You foreigners are so strange...

Big Grin

I'm much the same. I like making things from scratch. It usually tastes better and you get more satisfaction out of it. Big Grin

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
31-08-2012, 08:27 AM
(31-08-2012 07:49 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 07:45 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh earmuffs, my poor boy. I don't know about chicken salt because that is just a mixture of ingredients and I do not use mixture, I use ingredients and mix them myself. Chicken salt, what a bunch of BS. You foreigners are so strange...

Big Grin

I'm much the same. I like making things from scratch. It usually tastes better and you get more satisfaction out of it. Big Grin

Yep - I'm the same way - scratch is always more flavorful... and often cheaper in the long run. Thumbsup

Gosh, I can't wait to try that celery seed!

I might even experiment with my own little concoction of fresh vegies - onion, garlic, and celery... make a kind of chutney or pesto ... do a little bruschetta thing. Just the mention of celery got me thinking how much I love it - it's such a strong flavor and so refreshing! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
31-08-2012, 08:48 AM
you people are weird.

Also, the bottle thing says 75% salt, 10% chicken flavor-thingy, everything else the other 15%.

31-08-2012, 09:07 AM
So, then I can use a bit of normal salt and put some of the other spices that I like? Why didn't you say so...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
31-08-2012, 09:14 AM
You gotta try chicken salt, when you do you'll know where I'm coming from.

31-08-2012, 09:16 AM
My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!
(31-08-2012 09:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You gotta try chicken salt, when you do you'll know where I'm coming from.

I've been looking for it here. No one local seems to carry it.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel