My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!
(01-09-2012 08:24 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(01-09-2012 06:22 AM)Dom Wrote:  Re. the chicken salt:

Just get some powdered boullion and add the spices to it. Do not add salt, there is a lot of salt in it already. You can also buy bouillion with spices already added. It's the same as "chicken salt".

Isn't that just a stock cube?

Yeppers, except in the jar next to it on the supermarket shelf - not cubed but left powdered.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-09-2012, 12:33 PM
RE: My mum may make the best mac n cheese, but I make the best grilled cheese EVER!
(01-09-2012 10:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-09-2012 08:24 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Isn't that just a stock cube?

Yeppers, except in the jar next to it on the supermarket shelf - not cubed but left powdered.

Yea - I'd thought about bullion cubes and the little spoon out jars of powdered granules - for people who want the chicken. Ha- I've actually seen some that state "less sodium", even though it's a whopping amount. That's really what kind of keeps me away from a lot of those products - the sodium content is ridiculous.

My only modification will be without the animal touch. I'm just not all that crazy about the taste of poultry, except smoked. Consider Hmm... I'm not fond of the taste of certain amphibians and reptiles much, either -wonder if they would taste better smoked?

I do have a couple of friends who are allergic to poultry. One has what can be considered a mild reaction. But the other one can actually have a serious reaction and die. He really has to watch what he eats - you'd be surprised what is made with chicken stock. Taco Bell makes their rice with chicken stock. Imagine that; death by veggie burrito. Makes ya think.

Uh..... I should probably just stick to the "ramble" thread, huh? Undecided

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
02-09-2012, 08:59 AM
(01-09-2012 09:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-09-2012 09:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ya know, you could just buy chicken salt.
just sayin'

But it seems to be available only in Oz and NZ.

Which brand do you use?

Masterfoods.

This is interesting, you must have it it's probably just named something else like chicken seasoning or something. I mean what do fast food places put on your hot chips??

Thought if you don't, could totally make a killing selling this shit in the States. Consider

edit: Yeah here we go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasoned_salt
"Seasoning salt" or "Chip spice".

They tell me I'm the shit, I'm like 'duh...'
[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
There are lots of flavored salts in the spice section, but if you want it flavored with chicken you have to go to the soup isle and but granuled chicken boullion in the US. It's the same thing.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man