My mum`s Dacia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2014, 01:24 PM
My mum`s Dacia
About 3 months ago my mother bought a Dacia Duster:

[Image: der-neue-dacia-duster-wenn-der-diskonter...988892.jpg]

I was horrified at first, because it is made in Romania by the Romanian company Dacia. It may be owned by the French car maker Renaut (which also makes not so good cars), but it still is an Eastern European car.

And if there is anything to be said about cars from eastern Europe, it is that they are a horrible, with the exception being Skoda.

And I am not just talking about the soviet era monuments to decay and bad engenering:

because after the fall of the iron curtain they also made pritty horrid cars:

[Image: Dacia_1410.JPG]

But when I drove in my mums Duster for the first time I was genuenly suprised. I took it along a drive through a alpine mountain road without asphalt concrete and loads of curves - and everything worked fine. The steering, suspension and everything was fine. And when you look at it`s design, it doesnt really look like what you would expect some eastern European car to look like. It looks nice, modern and western.

I believe if that manufacturer continues making cars like this, they will have a glorious future.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
17-04-2014, 02:17 PM
RE: My mum`s Dacia
As a Romanian I'm flattered.

Not so much by the first part of your post though, but you turned it around nicely towards the end Tongue
17-04-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: My mum`s Dacia
(17-04-2014 02:17 PM)atheist_johndoe Wrote:  As a Romanian I'm flattered.

Not so much by the first part of your post though, but you turned it around nicely towards the end Tongue

I remember pulling into Romania (Navy) and having the best time for a week visit, the gorgeous beaches, beautiful women, great food and low prices were the recipe for an amazing visit. Did I mention the beautiful women? sigh...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)