My nascent chapter 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2017, 05:01 PM
RE: My nascent chapter 1
(29-08-2017 06:30 AM)Thinker Wrote:  Thanks everyone.

All I can say is that I can't stand almost everyone's horrible, utterly disgusting comments!

I'm new here and all I get is such DISGUSTING, heartless responses.

I cannot help see if what you're saying is well intentioned, dry humour or what?

It isn't that alienating but it just feels weird that people can be so ignorant or I'm just personally very deeply shocked to realise that my writing is that mediocre to bad!

I've put all my efforts in and have perfected my writing to the point that it all falls apart, to my biggest dismay in a lifetime!

Do you not realise how UTTERLY SPEECHLESS I AM? Most of the responses strike me as APPALLINGLY RUDE!

I'm done here. I feel like no longer to connect with this forum of any sort - you've lost my respect, trust and confidence anyway. I didn't realise until this point that most atheists are just as rude, nasty and stupid as theists.

I better FUCK OUT!

I see a considerable immaturity and indecency here. PLEASE BE FRANK WITH ME - are you purposely antagonising towards me - are you ALL TRYING TO LET ME DOWN?

Well, I do no longer see you all as truly humans. True humans by my own definition do not act horribly like this. You unoriginal sheep and animals.

That's a lot better than the first drivel you posted. I'd go with that. Thumbsup

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Not interested to connect with no personalities

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk
29-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Thinker..

Although I was putting my ideas in an Aussie ocker way, what I said is true. I have attended meetings at a high level where those ideas were expressed.

My nephew is currently writing a screenplay. It is due by Friday.

My brother is a producer of TV shows, theatre, dance, music etc. He works internationally.

Myself? I was a professional musician. That was my career.

I include literature under the umbrella of the entertainment industry. This industry is tough. One faces critics all the time.

From what I have seen, you are unable to handle criticism. In order to survive this business you need a thick skin. Everyone's a critic.

If this tiny bit of criticism on a small internet forum is something with which you are unable to handle, I recommend you choose another path.

Good luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
30-08-2017, 02:11 AM
(29-08-2017 06:10 PM)Banjo Wrote:  From what I have seen, you are unable to handle criticism. In order to survive this business you need a thick skin. Everyone's a critic.

THIS

Thinker, its great that you have a creative outlet. I'm one day hoping to write something myself but criticism, be it good or bad, is what will get you moving forward should you want to take it a bit more seriously.

It'll range from people giving you tips on what to improve on, to the out right "that was crap" comments, but that does give you the chance to say "why/what didn't you like/how can I improve?" and go from there. And even if this is just to change a part of your story to fit with something that is "in trend" with readers/publishers etc, but it's worth hearing people out.

At the end of the day, you need to take this information on board, ask questions as to why people did/didn't like something, and go from there.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
30-08-2017, 03:22 AM
(30-08-2017 02:11 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 06:10 PM)Banjo Wrote:  From what I have seen, you are unable to handle criticism. In order to survive this business you need a thick skin. Everyone's a critic.

THIS

Thinker, its great that you have a creative outlet. I'm one day hoping to write something myself but criticism, be it good or bad, is what will get you moving forward should you want to take it a bit more seriously.

It'll range from people giving you tips on what to improve on, to the out right "that was crap" comments, but that does give you the chance to say "why/what didn't you like/how can I improve?" and go from there. And even if this is just to change a part of your story to fit with something that is "in trend" with readers/publishers etc, but it's worth hearing people out.

At the end of the day, you need to take this information on board, ask questions as to why people did/didn't like something, and go from there.
Yes... Unanimously...

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk
30-08-2017, 02:11 PM
(27-08-2017 06:53 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  For my tastes it was too much to get a handle on. Less is more, start specific, make me care about a single character or two, then build your world. But I say write for pleasure and write to please yourself. Thanks for sharing, opening yourself up to criticism is kinda scary.

Consider browsing through the threads and adding some comments!

What Jerry said. Right now it reads more like a book review or plot outline than a book. And you should always start with "It was a dark and stormy night,"

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post