"My neighbor gave my 8-year-old toy dinosaurs" *facepalm*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2011, 05:28 PM
"My neighbor gave my 8-year-old toy dinosaurs" *facepalm*
From some message board:

I am a little shocked. She says she is a Christian, but the Bible doesn't say anything about dinosaurs. Should I let him keep them, as long as he understands that dinosaurs aren't real? Even the PBS shows that he watches talk about dinosaurs and evolution, and how the scientists found these "bones" but the Bible doesn't say that God ever created them, and the earth is only 6,000 years old, not old enough to have "bones" that they say are MILLIONS of years old! I know that Satan tries to trick us in many ways, and this is one way that he tries to fool man into believing that there isn't a God who created the universe. How can they be bones when they are made out of ROCKS? I told my son that dinosaurs are one of Satan's many ways of tricking man, and he must talk to God before he plays with them. Am I handling this right? My first 3 were all girls, and I adopted boys, and lots of mothers tell me that boys are often attracted to these dinosaurs. So I don't know what to do. Is this just harmless fantasy play for him, or should I be worried that he may go on to believe in things like evolution?

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a25..._dinosaurs

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes trillium13's post
07-08-2011, 05:38 PM
RE: "My neighbor gave my 8-year-old toy dinosaurs" *facepalm*
one of the replies says "Satan, is already in your house if these dinosours are there already. Just take the boy out to the woods and leave him, if is his following God, then he should be able to find his way back home if he doesn't come home, then satan has him and there is nothing for you to do to him. IMO. I mean today he is playing with dinosours, what next." some interesting trolling though i suspect the op may be gullible enough to believe that.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
07-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Yeah I really enjoyed the comments section. It was surprising to find so many people not on her side. That's not usually the case on the interwebz.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2011, 08:14 PM
This was funny, but her account is closed now. Troll, me thinks. At first I thought OMG, lol. Glad so many people had a laugh too.
07-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Lmfao, so many replies taking the piss. I love the internet.

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
08-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Sadly , this seemed almost plausible to me. Have the fundies of the internet desensitized me that much ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
09-08-2011, 11:27 AM
(07-08-2011 08:45 PM)James The Brit Wrote:  Lmfao, so many replies taking the piss. I love the internet.

My favorite comment:

"The poor dinosaurs are now Satan's work. Like they didn't have a hard enough time with extinction and everything"

Big GrinBig Grin

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
09-08-2011, 05:01 PM
I had dinosaur toys as a kid and I'm an atheist I wonder if the two are connected Tongue

09-08-2011, 05:29 PM
(09-08-2011 05:01 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I had dinosaur toys as a kid and I'm an atheist I wonder if the two are connected Tongue

I LOVED my toy dinosaurs growing up!!! Give me a box of Lego, some Play Doh and my dinosaurs, and you'd keep me amused for hours. Way better than videogames.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
09-08-2011, 05:47 PM
(09-08-2011 05:29 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  
(09-08-2011 05:01 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I had dinosaur toys as a kid and I'm an atheist I wonder if the two are connected Tongue

I LOVED my toy dinosaurs growing up!!! Give me a box of Lego, some Play Doh and my dinosaurs, and you'd keep me amused for hours. Way better than videogames.

You just described part of my childhood, before i got my first console it was either a sega mega drive or the original gameboy I can't remember which. I had loads of dinosaur toys my first was one of the velocerapters from jurrasic park. I still have it in a box in a cupboard along with my starwars figures Big Grin