My neighbour stole my garbage can and called the police!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2017, 01:18 PM
My neighbour stole my garbage can and called the police!
I don't think that I ever thought I would be discussing something completely stupid but this sums up, for me, what living in an Islamic society is about.

I took my garbage out to the collection place at the end of the lane on Wednesday night. It was in a black plastic bin. I missed the collection and in the morning it was still there, full of garbage when I drove my son to school and when I drove back. I then went out again and when I came home the bin was gone!

I then spotted it in my neighbour's garden behind a locked gate so I parked up and spoke to him and told him it was my bin. His English isn't so good so he pretended he didn't understand and I took him up the lane and showed him the pile of garbage on the road. He then said it wasn't him, but that my dogs had chewed up his garbage bag. He didn't have his own bin. He'd obviously taken mine in retaliation.

He kept on saying that he hadn't taken it, that this bin was his, so I pointed out that he's put a chain link fence diagonally across the access to my property so that I now had to go to court to get him to take it down so I didn't have to drive across a neighbour's field to get into my house. He kept patting me on the shoulder, saying it was his bin and his property my right of way was over so I said I didn't believe him because he stole my access road and lied about it and now he was lying about the bin. I told him I was taking him to court and the police would take down his fence and then I walked off.

My wife then came out and demanded our bin back and he then said he'd called the police.

When they arrived I went out and spoke to the same officer I'd been to about his fence and told her what had happened. She and her colleague said that it was his word against mine about the bin and I explained why I had said what I did to him. When he said it was his word against mine, I said, "I didn't call you, he did". Then they left. So, nice trick. Steal something then get the police to proclaim that you have no right to get it back.

On the other side of my property, my neighbour is paving his parking area and he extended the paving onto my property across which he has a right of way. He had complained that my fence was protruding onto the right of way but when he laid the paving, he left an area in front of my offending fence where he began planting a flower bed. He then said he was going to take down my fences and erect a large metal fence, between my garden and the flower bed, on my own property. I told him I was putting in a hedge and he looked startled.

I then spoke to my wife, who had lived in Saudi and she asked why he was fencing off part of our property for himself and making a flower garden. Then I went out and his gardener was removing the plant he had put in on my land and I spoke to his son and he accepted that the new gate was going to be on the property line so the plant was on the wrong side.

Anyway, what you have here is a mindset which is typical here. They don't say to themselves, "I won't do that to my neighbour, because it's not a nice thing to do, I wouldn't want someone to do it to me". They take all they can, try to get one over on you, grab your land and if they get away with it they lie, even to the police and put a finger up to you, make you go to court, call you names and get anyone who speaks their language, comes from their community to side against you.

That's Islamic morality!

I'm sorry if it comes across as bigoted but I did nothing to these people to make them want to grab my land, cut off my access, have their kids throw rocks into my swimming pool and then when I complained, screamed abuse at me and my wife, telling me to "f.ck off", telling my wife to take her pills, etc etc.

The common theme here is that if you are a foreigner, you have to expect them to steal from you and abuse you, and you just have to put up with it, turn the other cheek.

For me, it reflects a culture of people who were raised in a culture which says, "read this book, bow down to this man, this god, and you're ok, and...you can do what you want to the foreign infidels, fuck them". And, of course, if you're white and western, and you don't like it, YOU'RE A RACIST. (according to Ben Affleck).

Imagine a whole country with people who behave like this. The guy who took a swing at me a few months ago, so I've heard, has now told the neighbours a BS story that I had been swinging a bag at him.

Liars and thieves, which is why the Near and Middle East are the sh.t holes they are today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Deltabravo's post
23-11-2017, 11:53 PM
RE: My neighbour stole my garbage can and called the police!
Sounds like an overbroad generalization, to me. And no, you're not a racist, but you sure as hell sound like a bigot.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
24-11-2017, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2017 05:33 AM by GirlyMan.)
I would've just pointed to my property land record and site assessment and told them that was my property. How they responded would have determined how much of their property would have become mine. Tort law don't give a shit what their religion was.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-11-2017, 05:21 AM
I don't see how that gives you the right to say all Muslims will. I've had shitty neighbors that were pasty white and dicks too. One Thanksgiving my x wife and I were trying to have a quite Thanksgiving, and our neighbors decided to play country music really fucking loud. I asked them to turn it down, but no, instead they turn it up. They got pissed at me because I had a bigger stereo and blasted out Metallica, they finally turned it down. BUT, turned out the lady had a cop friend, called them up in the middle of the night lied and claimed I had threatened them. Cop never knocked on my door, but I overheard them talking outside.

Just because this guy was a dick doesn't mean you assume the guilt of everyone by proxy.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Brian37's post
24-11-2017, 06:26 AM
As critical as I am of Islamic values this doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Islam.

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
[+] 5 users Like BikerDude's post
24-11-2017, 07:42 AM
(24-11-2017 06:26 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  As critical as I am of Islamic values this doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Islam.

Every religion, BAR NONE, worldwide, have individual members and or sects, that use the label as an excuse to get violent with others. Nobody should ignore that Islam does. BUT, yea, I agree, while you should challenge any and ALL religions when they use religion to justify harm to others, it is a bad thing to assume that all will by mere proxy of label.

There have been violent sects of even Buddhism and Hinduism, and Jews, not just Christians and Muslims.

I do think most humans are good, but to single out one religion, is a horrible idea. It would be right to say at this point in history the Middle East is still stuck too much in a theocratic past. But Islam didn't invent violence either.

Our species WORLDWIDE has always displayed compassion and violence, and every religion can be used to justify either.

I am all for attacking bad logic, but not individuals.

For example. Both Bin Laden and Malala share the same religion, and sure, while I would point out that the Koran and Hadiths ARE used to justify violence, I would not blame Malala for the actions of Bin Laden.

I think our species worldwide has plenty of ability for the potential to display compassion, but we've always, long before any written religion, long before any nation, we've always displayed acts of violence and acts of compassion.

That says to me, while religious people can be good and do good, that says to me it isn't the religion doing it, but our species doing it. There is not one nation that does not have hospitals or prisons.

It is the same reason a Tibet Buddhist, and Chinese Buddhist wont see politics the same way. It is why Chinese Buddhists and Japanese Buddhists have also had regional conflicts in their own histories.

It is why Catholics and Protestants in Ireland have had their history of division and violence.

It isn't that humans are all bad, but globally we have yet to learn that religion is a horrible way to conduct political diplomacy between even the different sects of the same label, much less global diplomacy.

It isn't that you can or will ever completely end all religions, but we really can as a species challenge the idea of our priorities, and I think the more we focus on leaving religion out of politics, the better the world will be. I don't mean ending it, I just mean leaving it at the political door when dealing with diverse populations.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2017, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2017 08:21 AM by BikerDude.)
(24-11-2017 07:42 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(24-11-2017 06:26 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  As critical as I am of Islamic values this doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Islam.

Every religion, BAR NONE, worldwide, have individual members and or sects, that use the label as an excuse to get violent with others. Nobody should ignore that Islam does. BUT, yea, I agree, while you should challenge any and ALL religions when they use religion to justify harm to others, it is a bad thing to assume that all will by mere proxy of label.

There have been violent sects of even Buddhism and Hinduism, and Jews, not just Christians and Muslims.

I do think most humans are good, but to single out one religion, is a horrible idea. It would be right to say at this point in history the Middle East is still stuck too much in a theocratic past. But Islam didn't invent violence either.

Our species WORLDWIDE has always displayed compassion and violence, and every religion can be used to justify either.

For example. Both Bin Laden and Malala share the same religion, and sure, while I would point out that the Koran and Hadiths ARE used to justify violence, I would not blame Malala for the actions of Bin Laden.

I think our species worldwide has plenty of ability for the potential to display compassion, but we've always, long before any written religion, long before any nation, we've always displayed acts of violence and acts of compassion.

That says to me, while religious people can be good and do good, that says to me it isn't the religion doing it, but our species doing it. There is not one nation that does not have hospitals or prisons.

It is the same reason a Tibet Buddhist, and Chinese Buddhist wont see politics the same way. It is why Chinese Buddhists and Japanese Buddhists have also had regional conflicts in their own histories.

It is why Catholics and Protestants in Ireland have had their history of division and violence.

It isn't that humans are all bad, but globally we have yet to learn that religion is a horrible way to conduct political diplomacy between even the different sects of the same label, much less global diplomacy.

It isn't that you can or will ever completely end all religions, but we really can as a species challenge the idea of our priorities, and I think the more we focus on leaving religion out of politics, the better the world will be. I don't mean ending it, I just mean leaving it at the political door when dealing with diverse populations.

I'm sorry I lost my train of thought.
Could you repeat that?
I think you were speaking for the species and challenging the priorities of billions of people?
Sounds important.
I'm not sure why I drifted off there....

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
24-11-2017, 08:04 AM
Delta

Whenever you try to explain what’s going on you’re going to receive replies from people who have no clue what you’re experiencing because they never lived as a minority in a Muslim country. People will judge you by western liberal standards and accuse you of bigotry no matter to what degree you are the victim. People who would NEVER live where you live have no right to call you a bigot. You bet your whole life on the decency of another culture. That gives you the right to an opinion. People who point their fingers at you should walk a mile in your shoes. Your words may sound bigoted to some people but your action speaks otherwise. You live there. People who wouldn’t even go there on vacation need to take an honest look in the mirror.
24-11-2017, 08:10 AM
(24-11-2017 08:04 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Delta

Whenever you try to explain what’s going on you’re going to receive replies from people who have no clue what you’re experiencing because they never lived as a minority in a Muslim country.

Unfortunately for your ad homeneim attack here, I've lived four years in Iran and about half-a-year in Saudi Arabia.

I'm comfortable speaking from direct, personal, and long-term experience on this topic. Why don't you tell us what you know about it, since you're in a position to determine who does and doesn't have a clue?
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
24-11-2017, 08:14 AM
(24-11-2017 07:56 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(24-11-2017 07:42 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Every religion, BAR NONE, worldwide, have individual members and or sects, that use the label as an excuse to get violent with others. Nobody should ignore that Islam does. BUT, yea, I agree, while you should challenge any and ALL religions when they use religion to justify harm to others, it is a bad thing to assume that all will by mere proxy of label.

I'm sorry I lost my train of thought.
Could you repeat that?

Please, no, just no. Weeping

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post