My new videos

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2017, 02:57 AM
Video My new videos
I'll post here all the videos I make while part of this community.

Just one so far, that I made a few days ago. I'll make more when I have the energy. If anyone has any requests for future videos, feel free to let me know!

In this video I discuss the religious idea of life being a test, the various ways that could work, and how it deals with the problem of evil.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Robvalue's post
06-03-2017, 05:58 AM
RE: My new videos
I've missed these! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Lucipurr's post
06-03-2017, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 06:30 AM by TheInquisition.)
Why is a test necessary for a supposedly omniscient deity? It would already know what you will choose on this test, it's not even necessary for us mere humans to test someone that you know well enough.
We have an idea how our friends and family would react to certain situations, why would I need to give my mom cancer to figure this out?

This makes any deity a moron that can't figure things out without a test or a moron that's incapable of guaging human reactions without putting them through suffering when a simple pencil and paper test would suffice.

So if this test is for us to learn something, again this is stupid. Hello, McFly! Hello! Ever heard of a book or an educational video?

[Image: KRAMRm3.gif]

Don't need to give cancer to someone to help them learn anything.

What's really at the the heart of all of this is the Christian's favorite fallacy, the post-hoc fallacy.
Things happen for no purpose all of the time, the universe doesn't exist to teach people lessons. We want to ascribe a purpose to our suffering or events in our life after the fact.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
06-03-2017, 06:26 AM
Absolutely. If God knows and indeed planned the outcome of the test before it starts, all he's doing is justifying to himself whatever he wants to do with people. It doesn't gel well with omniscience. But then neither does free will. Too many abilities tie God up in knots.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
06-03-2017, 08:52 AM
(06-03-2017 02:57 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  In this video I discuss the religious idea of life being a test, the various ways that could work, and how it deals with the problem of evil.

"Life is a test" is just one theodicy for the problem of evil. It rationalizes all kinds of difficulties which people don't deserve.
06-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Nice video!

I wish religious people would be a little more worried about the impacts of what they do and how it affects this life rather than the "after" life.

My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrD1ljs...6B_gsP7J9g
[+] 2 users Like OutLoudAtheist's post
06-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Thanks very much, I appreciate it Smile

I agree, let's focus our attention on the life we're sure we all have!

[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
20-03-2017, 04:10 AM
I want to share with you my cute hamster Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
20-03-2017, 07:46 AM
(20-03-2017 04:10 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I want to share with you my cute hamster Big Grin

Aw Smile Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post