My new webstore, yay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2016, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 04:30 PM by Shadow Fox.)
My new webstore, yay!
My store is going live with its new webstore, soon I hope to have the rest of my card catalog logged into the website as well as all of the board games I sell, which I have hundreds of lol, as well as everything else.

So, if you play mtg or whatever, check it out. http://www.castlehillgames.net/

So happy! This is hopefully what is going to stabilize my business and help us not just survive but flourish!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2016, 06:04 PM
RE: My new webstore, yay!
You need to do your SEO so people will find you.

Quote: <meta name="description" content="" />

<meta itemprop="name" content=" " />
<meta itemprop="description" content="" />
<meta itemprop="image" content="http://client-cdn.crystalcommerce.com/photo/castlehillgames/file/9ddc1730e19d11e5a0e9096c61724387/CHG-Logo.png" />

<meta property="og:title" content=" " />
<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
<meta property="og:image" content="http://client-cdn.crystalcommerce.com/photo/castlehillgames/file/9ddc1730e19d11e5a0e9096c61724387/CHG-Logo.png" />
<meta property="og:description" content="" />
<meta property="og:site_name" content="" /

These need to be filled in. And you need to write text, descriptions of the games, game tips, etc. The more you write, the higher up in google you will appear. The higher you appear, the more customers you get.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-04-2016, 06:36 PM
(01-04-2016 06:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  You need to do your SEO so people will find you.

Quote: <meta name="description" content="" />

<meta itemprop="name" content=" " />
<meta itemprop="description" content="" />
<meta itemprop="image" content="http://client-cdn.crystalcommerce.com/photo/castlehillgames/file/9ddc1730e19d11e5a0e9096c61724387/CHG-Logo.png" />

<meta property="og:title" content=" " />
<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
<meta property="og:image" content="http://client-cdn.crystalcommerce.com/photo/castlehillgames/file/9ddc1730e19d11e5a0e9096c61724387/CHG-Logo.png" />
<meta property="og:description" content="" />
<meta property="og:site_name" content="" /

These need to be filled in. And you need to write text, descriptions of the games, game tips, etc. The more you write, the higher up in google you will appear. The higher you appear, the more customers you get.

Not quite sure what those are. I am not the site designer. The site by large is purchased through someone else that is a business that sells merchant sites for people who sell our kind of products.

01-04-2016, 06:43 PM
Hope you kill it with you new site.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-04-2016, 06:46 PM
What board games?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-04-2016, 08:09 PM
(01-04-2016 06:36 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 06:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  You need to do your SEO so people will find you.

Not quite sure what those are. I am not the site designer. The site by large is purchased through someone else that is a business that sells merchant sites for people who sell our kind of products.

Make a list of all the keywords and phrases you think people will use to find your product. Then I guess you'll have to ask your site designer to insert them as SEO. He should know what to do. Trouble with that is that he has other clients with the same things to sell apparently, and he than has a good list of keywords to sell to them. Or, if you have server access (which you should even if you never plan to use it) I can recommend someone you can hire for an hour to insert the keywords for you. (preferable because competition)

The difference that makes is thousands of visitors finding or not finding you. It's the most important thing about the whole site. Which is why you find a whole lot of charlatans offering expensive SEO services. You don't need them. You can make your own list and pay someone one honest hour's work instead of paying some huge fee.

I'm leaving for the day now, but if you want you can PM me and I'll help you. I have 15 years of experience in this.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
02-04-2016, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 05:19 PM by Shadow Fox.)
(01-04-2016 06:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What board games?

still adding my stuff to it each day. It is going to be a while before I have everything on there, but I have enough to go live which will start getting money in.
I imagine I will make it to board games, after mtg is done being cataloged into it within the next month. Sry, forgot to mention that. The kinds of stuff I will have is things like munchkin, timeline, settlers of catan etc.

02-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Good luck with your new website!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
02-04-2016, 08:03 PM
I wish you the best of luck. Not my sort of thing, but wish you the best. A quick question: How can a small independently owned web-based business be profitable when you are competing with giants like Amazon, Target, Walmart, eBay, etc? Do you carry products which they do not? Just curious, not trying to knock your entrepreneurship.

02-04-2016, 08:23 PM
(02-04-2016 08:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I wish you the best of luck. Not my sort of thing, but wish you the best. A quick question: How can a small independently owned web-based business be profitable when you are competing with giants like Amazon, Target, Walmart, eBay, etc? Do you carry products which they do not? Just curious, not trying to knock your entrepreneurship.

He can compete if he can show on the first 3 pages of google, best is the second half of the first page.

He can do so for many, many searches if he writes keyword rich articles about his products, educational ones, in this case how to play the games, tips and strategies. That makes google decide that there is added value for searchers and they pull his site up. However, google can only do this if the keywords are embedded in certain spots of the site code, and that is called SEO (Search engine optimization).

If it's done right, you can compete successfully with millions of sites and draw huge numbers of people.