My new webstore, yay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2016, 08:31 PM
RE: My new webstore, yay!
(02-04-2016 08:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 08:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I wish you the best of luck. Not my sort of thing, but wish you the best. A quick question: How can a small independently owned web-based business be profitable when you are competing with giants like Amazon, Target, Walmart, eBay, etc? Do you carry products which they do not? Just curious, not trying to knock your entrepreneurship.

He can compete if he can show on the first 3 pages of google, best is the second half of the first page.

He can do so for many, many searches if he writes keyword rich articles about his products, educational ones, in this case how to play the games, tips and strategies. That makes google decide that there is added value for searchers and they pull his site up. However, google can only do this if the keywords are embedded in certain spots of the site code, and that is called SEO (Search engine optimization).

If it's done right, you can compete successfully with millions of sites and draw huge numbers of people.

I don't know how a typical buyer decides on when and where to purchase items as this is not my area of expertise, but I typically find the item that I want, and then find the best price I can for it, at least typically; even if I find it in a Brick and Mortar store if I can find it at a place with good customer service. There are a few exceptions though, particularly when it comes to clothes and shoes.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2016, 08:37 PM
(02-04-2016 08:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 08:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  He can compete if he can show on the first 3 pages of google, best is the second half of the first page.

He can do so for many, many searches if he writes keyword rich articles about his products, educational ones, in this case how to play the games, tips and strategies. That makes google decide that there is added value for searchers and they pull his site up. However, google can only do this if the keywords are embedded in certain spots of the site code, and that is called SEO (Search engine optimization).

If it's done right, you can compete successfully with millions of sites and draw huge numbers of people.

I don't know how a typical buyer decides on when and where to purchase items as this is not my area of expertise, but I typically find the item that I want, and then find the best price I can for it, at least typically; even if I find it in a Brick and Mortar store if I can find it at a place with good customer service. There are a few exceptions though, particularly when it comes to clothes and shoes.

This method of promotion grabs buyers who want to buy things you need to understand how to use - such as a game. The site should come up when someone types "checkers" or "strategy for checkers" whatever into google. So you provide a re-written strategy (not something copied) and google will see you as providing unique info and pull you up. For that one keyword. Now you can have hundreds of keywords - and bring lots of people who are seriously interested in games to your site. Now you can display your game next to the text and hope they like and buy it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-04-2016, 10:24 AM
(02-04-2016 08:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I wish you the best of luck. Not my sort of thing, but wish you the best. A quick question: How can a small independently owned web-based business be profitable when you are competing with giants like Amazon, Target, Walmart, eBay, etc? Do you carry products which they do not? Just curious, not trying to knock your entrepreneurship.

As part of my ownership of this webpage, the people who run it have built in advertising. So anyone who visits any of the web websites that sells or lists prices mtg cards or stuff like that, our website is advertised on those along with many others as well. We will also be selling Mint and NM cards are the Median price instead of high or above median which is what many others don't do.

The website is bought from people who specifically design this type of site for people who sell our kind of products and it works really well.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post