25-07-2013, 07:46 AM
RE: My opinion of YOU!
Have at me!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2013, 08:12 AM
(25-07-2013 07:36 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You don't need to start one of these threads. You're already a legend.

So are you saying legends are born, not created? Or are you saying that I am a legend? Unsure

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
25-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Here we go then ......

Hobbitgirl

You're someone on the forum I really like. I haven't interacted with you hugely on here but we've been in many Skype calls together and you strike me as someone who is compassionate and caring. You also have a great sense of humour.

I wish you and Near would get back to being in the Skype group calls more often.

nach_in

You're not someone I've had too much interaction with but I did notice you during the pedo thing. I was impressed by the way you retained your objectivity, even on an emotive topic, and even more impressed by the fact that you were prepared to risk having a target on your back by being open with your opinions.

Atothetheist

Jesus Stevie, what can I say about you?

You're like an online little brother, I give you a hard time but it's all done in good spirits.

I think you can be a bit immature sometimes (especially when you open your mouth without thinking) but so what? Most people (me included) can be immature on occasion. Most 16 year olds are exclusively immature so you're leaps and bounds ahead of your peers.

You have a well thought out view on the world. Your ability to think rationally during the whole pedo thing was hugely impressive, even more so given the number of people older that you who failed at that. Your resilience to the campaign of attacks against you was equally impressive considering I know of members who are incredibly tough people but told me privately that, though they agreed with most of what you said, they wouldn't say it publicly for fear of having the same target painted on their back as you did. You perhaps let things get to you a little too much towards the end but it was understandable given the amount of crap you'd taken non-stop for over a week. When you have a 16 year old who can, not only use logic to formulate their opinions, but can also defend those views in such a hostile environment you know you have someone special.

You also have played a huge part in turning this place into a community. You've turned the Skype community into something special, pretty much single handedly. You care about your friends and you have a good sense of humour.

TheCynicalOptimist

If I'm honest I haven't really read enough of your posts to form a judgement, I'll reserve opinion on you for now.

Erxomai

You're someone I have a lot of time for. You joining here was one of the tipping points for this place becoming a real community rather than just a place for discussion. I really do value the community spirit you've played a big part in creating here.

I wish you'd be a little more serious sometimes but other than that I can't fault you, you're a highly valued member of the forum and I'm glad you didn't stay away for long.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
25-07-2013, 08:42 AM
LadyJane

I thought you may post here and I knew this was gonna be a tricky one, I'm still struggling to formulate this statement even now.

It's very hard to find the words to do you justice LJ, you're just incredible. You must be one of the sweetest, most caring, most positive people I've ever been lucky enough to know. You are one of my most valued forum members. You also probably don't remember but you sent me a PM once that I still have and that dragged me clear out of a dark place, that's something I'll never forget.

Sorry, I don't feel like that does you justice but it's the best I can do.

Revenant77x

Another person I've interacted with more on Skype than the forum. You are one of my favourite people from the Skype calls. You have a great sense of humour but you are also very interesting to have a serious discussion with and come across as very knowledgeable. Your opinions on things seem well thought out as well.

Free Thought

Once again, I feel I know you better on Skype on TTA. I think you have one of the best senses of humour out of everyone on Skype, it really is a highlight for me in the Skype calls. I've not really had much in the way of serious discussions with you by which to judge you on that front but I figure any teenager who is a regular on an atheism forum must have at least some common sense to them.

I also love the way you say "whaaat".

earmuffs

Another person I anticipated posting here.

You can be such a cunt at times it's unreal. However, you are probably the only person I know who can be a total cunt but still make me laugh while doing so. You are simply hysterical.

Overall my opinion of you is positive, you can be a total dick but it's who you are and I wouldn't want to see you stop being one. I also imagine you are very intelligent.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 4 users Like Hughsie's post
25-07-2013, 08:56 AM
(25-07-2013 08:42 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Free Thought

Once again, I feel I know you better on Skype on TTA. I think you have one of the best senses of humour out of everyone on Skype, it really is a highlight for me in the Skype calls. I've not really had much in the way of serious discussions with you by which to judge you on that front but I figure any teenager who is a regular on an atheism forum must have at least some common sense to them.

I also love the way you say "whaaat".

Me? Be serious in a conversation? Never.
Frankly, I find it a testament to my skill and a stroke to my ego that somebody can't tell my being serious from my being a joking fool.

I needed that ego stroke. Thanks.
You're good people, Hughsie. Thumbsup

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Aight, person I barely now. Tear me a new one.

... this is my signature!
25-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Why are these popping up all over the forum? Isn't this the purpose of the rating system? Drinking Beverage Jesus Jimenez.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
25-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Your move.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Re: My opinion of YOU!
Thank you Hughsie. That was very kind. Smile
I'll try to be on more calls, and ill try to sucker Near in as well lol
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
25-07-2013, 11:25 AM
In for a taste of legendary critiques from yet another extraordinary legend.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson