My own personal demon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2016, 01:06 AM
RE: My own personal demon
I. Am. Fucked.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2016, 01:09 AM
(10-02-2016 01:06 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I. Am. Fucked.

In this context I'd have to go with: That's not good. I hope it's not too bad of a fucking?

*Big, gay bro-huuuug*
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
10-02-2016, 01:09 AM

You're alright mate. Just put the gun down and step away. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-02-2016, 01:23 AM
(10-02-2016 01:09 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

You're alright mate. Just put the gun down and step away. Smile

Too late for that now. I have lost my fuckin mind.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
10-02-2016, 01:34 AM
(10-02-2016 01:23 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 01:09 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You're alright mate. Just put the gun down and step away. Smile

Too late for that now. I have lost my fuckin mind.

Join the club. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-02-2016, 06:23 AM
You are never responsible for the actions of others. Unless you are forcing them to do it.

So you recently lost two people - whether you realize it or not, that is causing you to dig up the past. Your brain wants answers.

Blaming is a normal part of grieving. Everyone blames someone or something, the brain wants reasons. You are blaming yourself.

Anger is another step that will come along. So is depression.

The trouble with grieving is that you can't control that shit. Even if you know better. You will sometimes feel like you are watching yourself, that you are not even part of the world anymore but on the outside looking in.

It helps though to recognize it for what it is. It is a process you are going through, and you can't really stop it, it will run it's course. Some temporary antidotes are crying, physical exercise, meditation - things that release dopamine in your brain. The religious use praying for this, it works also.

It doesn't mean you are crazy. Everyone thinks they are crazy when they go through this, and that is why no one wants to talk about it.

You are not crazy. You are going through a normal process. Flow with it, and if you can, cry. It shall pass.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
10-02-2016, 06:23 AM
Talk now. What's going on?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
10-02-2016, 08:45 AM
Turkey, are you okay? PM me if you want to talk whenever, okay? Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-02-2016, 03:37 PM
(26-01-2016 08:55 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I didn't cause it. But past actions I had hoped to have put behind me contributed to the chain of events that led up to this event. I am not innocent.

We navigate through life as best as we can. Mistakes cannot be avoided and there is no point regretting them, we can only move forward i.e. cannot change the past.

We are each responsible for our own lives, ultimately our decisions are our own. In this way, YOU are not responsible for the decisions made by another person.

I can give out ill-advise to others and know that my advise comes with no obligations, it's like being a consultant, if other people take your advice and it all turns to custard, you accept none of the blame. It's their fault for accepting your advise. I know this may seem silly to you (perhaps a coward shirking responsibility), but all advise is to be taken with a grain of salt. An adviser can provide information based on their own experience or opinion but isn't the person that needs to take action. The person taking action is living the situation, they are responsible for seeking advise from many sources, for applying that advise and their own thoughts to their real situation. They are the only one able to make decisions for themselves.

A case in point. My 6 year old came to me for advise. I purposefully gave you "bad" advise back (basically, I wanted her to think through a solution to her own problem rather than seek an answer from me). She had an issue with another kid at school. I advised her to punch that other girl in the face. My 6 year old responded to me that she can't do that because she would get into trouble from the teachers. She then came up with her own resolution to the problem. :-)

So what I am saying is that you have very limited accountability when it comes to the lives of others. It's quite a weight you are putting on your own shoulders. You can't change the past, you need to forgive yourself and move forward.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
11-02-2016, 12:25 AM
(26-01-2016 08:55 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  There is, in particular, one demon that has lived with me for a long time. Because of it, I lived much of my youth and young adulthood as two different people.
I read a book on parenting recently.

It taught me to approach my children's problems not by trying to fix them by telling them they are wrong to feel bad and that instead they should not feel bad, but instead to listen to them and to acknowledge their feelings.
This is also consistent with my position on amoralism. I don't know what you should or shouldn't do. So it makes no sense for me to try and explain to you why you shouldn't feel bad.

So I failed miserably with my previous post in implementing this lesson.

So here is my attempt no.2

TurkyBurner, you must feel like shit having this hanging over your conscious and for so long. It must be terrible to think you had a part to play in this tragedy.