My paleo homefries.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: My paleo homefries.
Paleo only specifies roots and fowl and meat etc.

You don't have to go and live like they did, you just eat the TYPES of items they ate, as that is what you have evolved to eat for a very long time, and thus it is assumed to be best for your body.

It does make sense, it's certainly healthier than Kraft mac and cheese or just about everything that comes out of a box.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
27-05-2014, 03:43 PM
(27-05-2014 03:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  Paleo only specifies roots and fowl and meat etc.

You don't have to go and live like they did, you just eat the TYPES of items they ate, as that is what you have evolved to eat for a very long time, and thus it is assumed to be best for your body.

It does make sense, it's certainly healthier than Kraft mac and cheese or just about everything that comes out of a box.

I wish I could give you another point for such an excellent comment.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-05-2014, 03:59 PM
(27-05-2014 03:04 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  What would you call it then?

The only common thread I can find is a distaste for cereals.

And even that's a stretch.

(27-05-2014 03:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  Paleo only specifies roots and fowl and meat etc.

The types of things they ate back then were not domesticated species.
(except dogs - they get a pass on eating dogs!)

The types of things they ate back then were anything they could get their hands on. It's a sort of continuum fallacy at best and nonsensical magical thinking at worst.

"Eat fewer processed foods, and eat a greater variety of foods" is the advice literally every dietician will give you.

... this is my signature!
27-05-2014, 04:00 PM
(27-05-2014 03:59 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 03:04 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  What would you call it then?

The types of things they ate back then were anything they could get their hands on. It's a sort of continuum fallacy at best and nonsensical magical thinking at worst.

"Eat fewer processed foods, and eat a greater variety of foods" is the advice literally every dietician will give you.

This is true, but I have heared dieticians say oatmeal is good, and I feel better without oatmeal. But it could be because I have not eaten it in forever.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-05-2014, 04:01 PM
(27-05-2014 04:00 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  This is true, but I have heared dieticians say oatmeal is good, and I feel better without oatmeal. But it could be because I have not eaten it in forever.

That's because it's not the dieticians who'll tell you "all cereals are bad"; that's the quack paleo advocates!

... this is my signature!
27-05-2014, 04:03 PM
(27-05-2014 04:01 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 04:00 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  This is true, but I have heared dieticians say oatmeal is good, and I feel better without oatmeal. But it could be because I have not eaten it in forever.

That's because it's not the dieticians who'll tell you "all cereals are bad"; that's the quack paleo advocates!

Yeah but so far the quacks seem to be working better for me.

27-05-2014, 04:04 PM
(27-05-2014 03:04 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 09:50 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Just goes to show how stupid the term is. It's not just meaningless, it's downright quixotic.

Frying requires metal cookware. Paleolithic is literally by definition pre-metallurgical.

Notwithstanding that any and all domesticated species are out too, of course - chicken? almond? peppers?

What would you call it then?

Fried chicken.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2014, 04:04 PM
(27-05-2014 04:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Fried chicken.

Sounds like good food more than a name for it.

27-05-2014, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 07:44 PM by Dom.)
(27-05-2014 03:59 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

The TYPES of things they ate were meat (any meat they could get), fish, fowl, roots, berries, fruit, veggies and whatever they could find.

Personally, I don't follow paleo, but I do eat real food as opposed to processed food that is full of chemicals which we did not evolve to process.

Eating what your body spent a zillion years evolving to process is just common sense. Avoiding stuff we are not designed to eat probably saves me from a lot of health issues caused by improperly and insufficiently researched and tested ingredients used in just about everything these days.

And yes, any sane person will advise you to eat real food. That is basically what paleo is about. You would be surprised how many people don't ever eat real food, convenience foods are so much more - erm - convenient.

I eat cheese and grains however. I eat everything i can find that is not processed and has no chemicals or sugar added. And I am not religious about it, it's just my everyday base diet.

I think paleo takes it a couple of steps too far, but compared to most of the diets people will follow to lose weight and such, paleo is a great diet.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Who's cooking the Roots???

[Image: The-Roots-artist-page1-758x359_zpsu0h5vad5.jpeg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.