My papa died

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2015, 07:08 AM
My papa died
I guess I'm just looking for some sympathy that doesn't include "he's in a better place."

I found out on Saturday night. Still went to work on Sunday in a fog. My coworkers were all kind to me and comforted me when I had sudden tears hit me. It's really nice working in China. Chinese people don't have much fluff about death. They say sorry and offer a shoulder. The foreigners I work with were mostly good. Only one told me he was in a better place.

My family has posted his obituary on Facebook and I shared a photo of me and him together. That's where things get frustrating. "Prayers!" One of my friends at least started his comment his comment with "for what it's worth..." As he knows I'm an atheist, but still. Just don't say it. Just say thoughts. You're in my thoughts. How hard is that?

Harder still is that I'm about to go to grad school and I'm trying to save as much money as I can, so I can't afford to go back to the states now AND in August for school. My family is understanding, which is good, but my great aunt keeps going "your papa knows your heart is with us" well, no, he doesn't. He can't know anything now, he's dead.

He's dead and I can't be there for my gramma and mom and siblings and aunts and uncles and cousins. We've got a big family and I want to give every single one of them a hug and I can't because I'm a zillion miles away. I might as well be dead for the distance.

It sucks.

That's all, just venting. Maybe more to come later.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Colourcraze's post
08-06-2015, 07:33 AM
RE: My papa died
So sorry to hear. My dad was the first person who was close to me and died. I was also on a different continent.

Just don't fret if you can't make it back to spend time with relatives. It wouldn't really fix anything - it's a temporary band aid, in the end we are all alone with our grief.

Do keep venting - it's good for you. Letting off a little steam helps the process along....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-06-2015, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 07:50 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
Crap, Colourcraze. Sad I'm so sorry to hear this! You're definitely in my thoughts.

Take care. Hug

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
08-06-2015, 07:41 AM
Sorry to hear that Colourcraze. I'll be thinking of you too.

Hug

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
08-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Sorry ColourCraze. It's... a rough place to be. Talk to us if you need to.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-06-2015, 08:05 AM
I liked your post. Not because of what you had to say but because you said it.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Hug

I'll be in HK (planned not confirmed) in a couple of weeks if you want to get drunk and abusive.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
08-06-2015, 08:21 AM
My condolences. Very sad to learn this news. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Oh I'm so sorry...

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-06-2015, 09:02 AM