My papa died

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2015, 09:21 AM
RE: My papa died
(08-06-2015 08:05 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I liked your post. Not because of what you had to say but because you said it.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Hug

I'll be in HK (planned not confirmed) in a couple of weeks if you want to get drunk and abusive.

That sounds like a good time. Keep me posted.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2015, 09:29 AM
OH and another thing.

I've been working overtime for the past two Mondays because one of our teachers had to leave town because HER FRIEND'S grandma died. Her friend also works in our school. So we have two people out of town and one more whose last day was Sunday. So we're down 3 teachers. So even if I had the money to, I couldn't leave without royally fucking over my co-workers. (They're nice people. I wouldn't purposely do that to them) but I'm so ANNOYED that this girl got to go with HER FRIEND back to the States for her FRIEND's grandma. I think they're lesbians but they won't own up to it. If they did, I could kind of accept it more. Then that's more like family. But on top of everything we just found out today that they're staying State-side longer! Another weekend of classes that we have to cover! So. I'm just not going to be friends with them.

*sigh* I know they couldn't have predicted that I would have a death in my family, too, and at this point they probably don't even know. But fuck it I want to be mad at someone.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
08-06-2015, 09:29 AM
My sympathies on your loss.

I wouldn't worry too much about the comments about prayers, etc. That's how many, many religious people are trained to express their condolences, and they can't really help but put it that way.

It's gotta suck, being unable too share your grief with your family. Hang in there.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
08-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Hug
08-06-2015, 11:10 AM
Death sucks. If prayers worked I would send them. Hell, if prayers worked the majority of us wouldn't be here as we would be basking in the glow of our lord and savior jesus crestes.

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you can find the silver lining and focus on the good memories. Shy

**Crickets** -- God
08-06-2015, 11:11 AM
I just hope he knew what he meant to you, everything else is for the survivors.

Hug

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Sorry for you loss Sad

You're in my thoughts Hug

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
08-06-2015, 12:24 PM
(08-06-2015 07:08 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I guess I'm just looking for some sympathy that doesn't include "he's in a better place."

I found out on Saturday night. Still went to work on Sunday in a fog. My coworkers were all kind to me and comforted me when I had sudden tears hit me. It's really nice working in China. Chinese people don't have much fluff about death. They say sorry and offer a shoulder. The foreigners I work with were mostly good. Only one told me he was in a better place.

My family has posted his obituary on Facebook and I shared a photo of me and him together. That's where things get frustrating. "Prayers!" One of my friends at least started his comment his comment with "for what it's worth..." As he knows I'm an atheist, but still. Just don't say it. Just say thoughts. You're in my thoughts. How hard is that?

Harder still is that I'm about to go to grad school and I'm trying to save as much money as I can, so I can't afford to go back to the states now AND in August for school. My family is understanding, which is good, but my great aunt keeps going "your papa knows your heart is with us" well, no, he doesn't. He can't know anything now, he's dead.

He's dead and I can't be there for my gramma and mom and siblings and aunts and uncles and cousins. We've got a big family and I want to give every single one of them a hug and I can't because I'm a zillion miles away. I might as well be dead for the distance.

It sucks.

That's all, just venting. Maybe more to come later.

I am truly sorry for your loss. Hug

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
08-06-2015, 12:29 PM
My papa died
I am sorry for your loss. I won't give false prayers or happy vibes. I will say he was instrumental in your upbringing to lead you to where you are now. Obviously he was one of the good ones.
08-06-2015, 01:57 PM
So sad to hear this. It sucks that you can't go to his funeral. But remembering him and thinking about him is what a funeral is all about and you can do that anywhere on the planet. You may not be with your family while you remember him but perhaps later on you can get together when you visit your family and talk about your papa as kind of a late memorial.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post