08-06-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: My papa died
I'm very sorry for your loss Colourcraze Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
08-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Your father's time with us produced you! Shy Which means he left this world a far more beautiful place than he found it! Heart

I'm so sorry, CC! Hug

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
08-06-2015, 04:48 PM
I am sorry for your loss. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-06-2015, 04:45 AM
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you had some great memories with him so I hope those help ease your mourning. That always helps me. :-)
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
09-06-2015, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the kindness, everyone. I've had a good day today. Mostly distracted by other activities. But I feel like the sadness is a shadow just behind me, ready to bring me down again. I'm sure it'll happen. The tears come and go, depending on how much I let myself think about things. How much I'll miss him when I go home to see everyone. How my poor gramma must feel all alone in her empty house. How my mom described the feeling of hearing the news. So many people affected.

I wish I remembered the last thing he said to me or I to him.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
09-06-2015, 08:10 AM
So sorry for your loss. Dealing with death is never easy. Hang in there CC Hug

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
09-06-2015, 08:18 AM
Sorry for your loss.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
09-06-2015, 09:03 PM
I didnt attend my fathers funeral. I did visit when he was in the hospital a week or so before, but I doubt he knew any of us were there. Not that it matters. Fights with my siblings made me decide to not bother with the 400 mile- 8 hour drive.

My visit prior to that one I was supposed to meet with my siblings about putting him in long term care, at the last minute they backed out, and I didnt want to cause a flurry of trouble so I didnt visit him, he didnt even know I was in town.

I cant remember our last conversation.

sending you hugs and keeping you in my thoughts. Sometimes our choices lead to situations that just suck. In the end you just have to think back to what is at the core of your relationship. My dad knew I loved him, we had many things in common and while we had many battles, we always came back eventually to a happy place in our relationship. And that is what matters.

I didnt visit many people on my trips up north, on that particular trip I didnt see him. And thats ok. My siblings had a funeral, I eventually went to his and my mothers gravesite. And in that moment you realize that it doesnt matter that I was standing in a snowstorm or there on a sunny day, the result is the same.

keep the phone conversations going with family. share memories, laugh and cry with them as much as you can now. see if someone can skype you there or something.

hugs.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
09-06-2015, 11:12 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-06-2015, 01:55 AM