My parents say "who created the big bang?" and ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 06:33 AM by IndianAtheist.)
RE: My parents say "who created the big bang?" and ..
(28-02-2014 07:28 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  One atheist refutation against the "Who created the big bang" is "well if God can be eternal, maybe the universe can too".
Actually its not really a refutation.. it just makes one less assumption that theists make.

You've got to have an eternal universe by default if you're going for an eternal deity anyway... all we atheists do is say that if universe can somehow exist eternally then there's pretty much no need for God to exist anyway(well other than feeding our egos but i digress)
Quote:as there is a mountain of evidence which suggests the universe had a beginning....that the universe is not eternal.
That makes no sense universe is not an item which can just have a beginning or an end.
Quote:The evidence isn't conclusive however and if you wish to put your faith in that small shadow of uncertainty...by all means have at it.
No thanks i prefer facing reality as it is without any shadow of uncertainty clouding my perceptions of life.
Quote:If you don't know how the universe started, God is as good an explanation as any.
NO It isn't! its batshit crazy and insane to suggest something like that without any good reason or evidence.[Image: k1kISXK.png]

You don't know?? well then let's find out what you don't know!

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 02:52 AM
(01-03-2014 02:47 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 07:28 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  One atheist refutation against the "Who created the big bang" is "well if God can be eternal, maybe the universe can too".
Actually its not really a refutation.. it just makes one less assumption that theists make.

You've got to have an eternal universe by default if you're going for an eternal deity anyway... all we atheists do is say that if universe can somehow exist eternally then there's pretty much no need God to exist anyway(well other than feeding our egos but i digress)
Quote:as there is a mountain of evidence which suggests the universe had a beginning....that the universe is not eternal.
That makes no sense universe is not an item which can just have a beginning or an end.
Quote:The evidence isn't conclusive however and if you wish to put your faith in that small shadow of uncertainty...by all means have at it.
No thanks i prefer facing reality as it is without any shadow of uncertainty clouding my perceptions of life.
Quote:If you don't know how the universe started, God is as good an explanation as any.
NO It isn't! its batshit crazy and insane to suggest something like that without any good reason or evidence.[Image: k1kISXK.png]

You don't know?? well then let's find out what you don't know!

The scientist is hot.
01-03-2014, 10:42 AM
(01-03-2014 12:25 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 12:07 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'll bet you and everyone else that's already tried couldn't.

Shoe.

How about you and I have a discussion about it in the boxing ring?

How about we go in the boxing ring? Since you're so content with ignoring me.

Atir aissom atir imon
01-03-2014, 11:15 AM
(01-03-2014 10:42 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 12:25 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  How about you and I have a discussion about it in the boxing ring?

I've called him out already, but also have been ignored so far.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-03-2014, 11:21 AM
(01-03-2014 11:15 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 10:42 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  How about we go in the boxing ring? Since you're so content with ignoring me.

I've called him out already, but also have been ignored so far.

Pathetic excuse for a troll.
Whatever, I'm going to stop following this thread now.

Atir aissom atir imon
01-03-2014, 12:53 PM
(10-02-2014 02:55 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 02:45 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Nah, they just say that God has always been. The creator doesn't need to be created.
At least, that's what I'm told anyway..

And why can't this apply to the universe?

Quote:Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (Men willingly believe what they wish.)

Gaius Julius Caesar

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
01-03-2014, 03:06 PM
(01-03-2014 11:21 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 11:15 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  I've called him out already, but also have been ignored so far.

Pathetic excuse for a troll.

Looks like he hit a posting limit. So he's not ignoring, just can't reply yet.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-03-2014, 03:47 PM
(01-03-2014 03:06 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 11:21 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Pathetic excuse for a troll.

Looks like he hit a posting limit. So he's not ignoring, just can't reply yet.

I guess we'll see.

Atir aissom atir imon
01-03-2014, 07:29 PM
(01-03-2014 02:52 AM)donotwant Wrote:  The scientist is hot.

Well you don't know that until you take that sheet off her face. She could be from England and her teeth/mouth could be a total tragedy.
01-03-2014, 07:36 PM
(01-03-2014 10:42 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 12:25 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  How about you and I have a discussion about it in the boxing ring?

I'm headed to the ring with Evenheathen. I'd rather debate Evenheathen because he is more succinct. I'd rather read lots of short posts then one long one. Its nothing against you but rather just the way I am.

You are welcome to follow the thread in the boxing ring once it gets going. I'll probably post something in it tomorrow morning to kick it off as the rest of my evening is committed.