My parents sent me to an mental institution because of my atheism?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 05:09 PM
My parents sent me to an mental institution because of my atheism?
So I came out to my family as an atheist today. They threw a tempertantrum and I said I didn't want to talk about it. So they grabbed my neck, threw me in the car and drove to a Christian hospital. They lied and said I was doing all these horrible things like robbing animals and raping random people (Cough Cough... God did those things in Matthew 21:1-3 and Deuteronomy 22:28-29). Anyway, Then they said they would forgive me if I said I accepted Jesus as my lord and savior. So I did, and they said I didn't "feel" like it. So I was stuck in a straight jacket for three hours for something I didn't do. And I had to say the Lord's Prayer three times and quote my favorite scripture to prove I was Christian. I quoted Numbers 31:17-18 where God's people killed the men and kept the women and children to themselves, and one of the hospital managers slapped me. In the end I faked to get out and my parents said it was a tiny mistake and it would be better since I am a "Christian" now. Good thing I have my shoe laces now.
Find all posts by this user
13-05-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: My parents sent me to an mental institution because of my atheism?
I am seldom at a loss for words.
I don’t think you’re joking but I hope you are.
How old are you again?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
13-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Call 911 --- seriously.

I'm not a lawyer -- but I'm pretty sure child protective services will be obligated to intervene......

Play it straight with CPS -- and they'll have you out from under your parent's thumb - right quick....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Uhhh... how do you rob animals?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
13-05-2016, 06:17 PM
(13-05-2016 05:09 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  So I came out to my family as an atheist today. They threw a tempertantrum and I said I didn't want to talk about it. So they grabbed my neck, threw me in the car and drove to a Christian hospital. They lied and said I was doing all these horrible things like robbing animals and raping random people (Cough Cough... God did those things in Matthew 21:1-3 and Deuteronomy 22:28-29). Anyway, Then they said they would forgive me if I said I accepted Jesus as my lord and savior. So I did, and they said I didn't "feel" like it. So I was stuck in a straight jacket for three hours for something I didn't do. And I had to say the Lord's Prayer three times and quote my favorite scripture to prove I was Christian. I quoted Numbers 31:17-18 where God's people killed the men and kept the women and children to themselves, and one of the hospital managers slapped me. In the end I faked to get out and my parents said it was a tiny mistake and it would be better since I am a "Christian" now. Good thing I have my shoe laces now.

If this is true call Family Services or Family Protective Services. Your parents are not allowed to treat you in this manner. It's against the law.

I called Family Services on the boyfriend of my daughter. The boyfriends parents grounded the boyfriend for a whole month (he was homeschooled) and he was only allowed out of his room for a 10 minute shower. He had to copy a page out of the Bible everyday by hand and it had to be hand printed, not longhand. After a couple of weeks he had enough and snuck out his bedroom window in the middle of the night and walked over to our house. That's when I phoned Family Services.

The parents were doing other shit to this boy too but I won't go into that. They were parents from hell. I don't hate many people but I hated them.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-05-2016, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2016 07:55 PM by I Am.)
Hi. Dancefortwo and onlinebiker are not wrong. That's so terrible. Calling authorities is reasonable.

Thing is, I trust police (and similar) less all the time. Even when they are not being too violent on camera, they seem only moderately effective (/understatement. Kids gunned down. Chicago police black site. Cops are not great.). So if it were me, I would start with a nonprofit. I just googled that, and found:
https://www.childhelp.org/hotline/resources-kids/
They have a hotline for US and Canada, 1-800-422-4453

They may also recommend calling police, and that is still reasonable. But they have a list of safe people in that bullet list, and they don't list police officers.

I am so sorry that happened. Is happening. Not that I can do it, but what would help you best right now?
13-05-2016, 10:16 PM
(13-05-2016 05:09 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  So I came out to my family as an atheist today. They threw a tempertantrum and I said I didn't want to talk about it. So they grabbed my neck, threw me in the car and drove to a Christian hospital. They lied and said I was doing all these horrible things like robbing animals and raping random people (Cough Cough... God did those things in Matthew 21:1-3 and Deuteronomy 22:28-29). Anyway, Then they said they would forgive me if I said I accepted Jesus as my lord and savior. So I did, and they said I didn't "feel" like it. So I was stuck in a straight jacket for three hours for something I didn't do. And I had to say the Lord's Prayer three times and quote my favorite scripture to prove I was Christian. I quoted Numbers 31:17-18 where God's people killed the men and kept the women and children to themselves, and one of the hospital managers slapped me. In the end I faked to get out and my parents said it was a tiny mistake and it would be better since I am a "Christian" now. Good thing I have my shoe laces now.

I'll echo what everybody else has said. Call the authorities. CPS or the police.

If you ever find yourself in a similar situation ask the doctors and nurses to call CPS for you. That's the opposite of what a crazy person does and they're legally obliged. If possible, try and do it in front of a security camera so there's a record of it.

Quick questions:

- What country are you in?
- What state/province?
- What's your age?

I don't mean to pry but given the seriousness of your situation those might be important to the action that you take next.

I'd like to believe that this sort of thing can't happen but I think we know better. Sadly, I doubt you'll be able to prove much. Any hospital that behaves like that is likely to have made some fairly creative entries on your charts. CPS should still intervene.

If you're concerned that things might go poorly then try and live-stream video to friends. It's amazing all the regs that people suddenly remember when they realize that their idiocy might go viral on the net. A phone or laptop would be ideal.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
16-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Call the police and social services. Now. This is clearly illegal and from you vocabulary I'm guessing you are at least 13 or so. You will be listened to.
16-05-2016, 09:03 AM
The OP is 13 and once started a thread about wanting to kill himself, to which he never posted again after all the responses.

Just a word of caution.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
16-05-2016, 07:05 PM
I have had doubts about Christianity for years. That post about me being thirteen was actually written on yahoo answers when I was thirteen. I haven't had any good answers to it and it still haunts me to this day. Most of the evil bible quotes gives me nightmares every week and that's why I posted it. I must have forgot that I said that I was thirteen in that post. Please forgive me. And my parents now understand my nonbelief and sincerely asked for forgiveness. My parents are way to busy with work to read the bible (they work 8 hours a day), so when I quoted the awful bible quotes they didn't believe me. Now they do and we get along very well. I'm sorry. Also, I joined a Unitarian Universalist Church. Our new philosophy is that we embrace the good in religion, as well as acknowledging the bad. I have become much more happy in life.
Thread Closed