My parents sent me to an mental institution because of my atheism?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2016, 07:44 PM
RE: My parents sent me to an mental institution because of my atheism?
(16-05-2016 09:03 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  The OP is 13 and once started a thread about wanting to kill himself, to which he never posted again after all the responses.

Just a word of caution.

Agreed. Proceed with caution.

This was from a thread titled, "I'm going to hang myself because of the bible."

(29-04-2016 12:35 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  I keep on telling these Christians horrible verses in the bible whenever they force the bible on me and they keep on calling me retarded and illiterate. But that's not why I'm going to hang myself. I have a 15 year old dog who passed today and I found this quote in the bible.

(29-04-2016 12:35 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  (Revelation 22:14-15) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

(29-04-2016 12:35 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  Notice that that first group in that list are dogs. I'm only thirteen and I want to die and be in hell with my dog. I just love how my dog is compared to pedophiles and thieves. What's the fastest way to kill myself. There's some rope in the backyard.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
16-05-2016, 07:48 PM
(16-05-2016 07:05 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  I have had doubts about Christianity for years. That post about me being thirteen was actually written on yahoo answers when I was thirteen. I haven't had any good answers to it and it still haunts me to this day. Most of the evil bible quotes gives me nightmares every week and that's why I posted it. I must have forgot that I said that I was thirteen in that post. Please forgive me. And my parents now understand my nonbelief and sincerely asked for forgiveness. My parents are way to busy with work to read the bible (they work 8 hours a day), so when I quoted the awful bible quotes they didn't believe me. Now they do and we get along very well. I'm sorry. Also, I joined a Unitarian Universalist Church. Our new philosophy is that we embrace the good in religion, as well as acknowledging the bad. I have become much more happy in life.

Wtf?

You lied about when this took place in your OP?

You copy pasted it?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

16-05-2016, 08:13 PM
I don't forsee this McLeod becoming immortal. Unless it's in the sense that Prometheus and Tantalus got immortalized.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
17-05-2016, 02:41 PM
(16-05-2016 07:05 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  I have had doubts about Christianity for years. That post about me being thirteen was actually written on yahoo answers when I was thirteen. I haven't had any good answers to it and it still haunts me to this day. Most of the evil bible quotes gives me nightmares every week and that's why I posted it. I must have forgot that I said that I was thirteen in that post. Please forgive me. And my parents now understand my nonbelief and sincerely asked for forgiveness. My parents are way to busy with work to read the bible (they work 8 hours a day), so when I quoted the awful bible quotes they didn't believe me. Now they do and we get along very well. I'm sorry. Also, I joined a Unitarian Universalist Church. Our new philosophy is that we embrace the good in religion, as well as acknowledging the bad. I have become much more happy in life.

Even though I doubt it was all that simple, why the fuck would you post in a forum that you want to kill yourself and then say that this was simply a copy-paste of an old Yahoo answers question?

And even if all that did happen, why the fuck would you say your relationship with your parents is good now and that you joined a church when at this very thread you claimed to be an atheist and that your parents just sent you to a mental institution? Was that an old Yahoo answers question again?

If yes, Jesus dude. It looks very suspicious, manipulative and a total dick move to just throw around random questions you had in the past without making it clear that it was in the past and that you are now safe. This is beyond fucked up.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 4 users Like undergroundp's post
17-05-2016, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2016 02:59 PM by Adrianime.)
This is outrageous enough that honestly I don't believe it. But I'll proceed as if you're telling the truth.

What I would do if it were me (not saying this is the correct action to take) is masquerade as an apathetic Christian until I was financially independent. Then approach the matter in a way that supports the truthful relationship I want to have with my family. And if your parents start severely abusing you, either mentally or physically, it is your right to use the authorities.

Edit: After reading the "research" done by the other members here, I'm even less convinced this is true..

But if you are going through hard times...just look forward to the future. Life can get separated out into stages, and there is no reason to think you can't get through a "bad" stage and get to a new "better" stage of your choosing. And life won't just "get better". You need to make it better. Think of the life you want and work towards that. Even small goals help. Small victories all add up.

Be happy.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
17-05-2016, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2016 05:14 PM by DLJ.)
Thread closed

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Thread Closed