My political viewpoints (you probably won't agree)!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2011, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2011 07:08 PM by Hughsie.)
RE: My political viewpoints (you probably won't agree)!
Quote:I agree with the Fire fighters union. How can it be safe having people when people with no experience and nowhere near the level of training that firefighters have, trying to do the job that firefighters do. Its a disaster waiting to happen.

I agree that it's far from safe but I think it's probably safer than no-one at all and they seem to be the only two choices we have at the minute.
Quote:About those people you work with my advice is complain about them the more complaints they get the more likely the company is to get rid of them. Ive seen it happen several times at my former work we used to get people that when they were working with me or someone else our work load doubled because they were taking the piss.

Unfortunately it just isn't possible. My boss is the one in charge of hiring and firing, he's also probably the person most put upon by other peoples shortcomings, a lot of the time he's working for free just to keep other parts of the store from falling into oblivion. He's all too aware of the situation and if there was anyway at all to do anything he would of found it. He is also well aware of my views on it all.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2011, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2011 09:21 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
I have to admit that I used to think, "I think that hard-work + effort usually DOES equal success." was true. Then I hit puberty, and got a summer job.
18-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Bemore,

The issue I take with the 'occupy' movement is not really to do with the sentiment. What irritates me is that 5-10 years ago when the economy was great and everyone had loads of money no-one seemed to be complaining about capitalism.

I have practically no economic knowledge but from what I have seen in various news reports it seems that the current set up encourages a 'boom and bust' state of affairs. People must have known that before the economic crisis but they were quite happy to let people take risks with the economy as the risks were paying off and it was to their benefit. Now that it has gone wrong they want to point the finger at someone to blame. I see that as rather hypocritical.

As far as the EU goes I don't have any particular opinion on it. I'm aware of the possibility of a referendum but I probably won't vote as I simply feel I do not have the required knowledge to formulate a valid opinion.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
18-10-2011, 07:59 AM
(17-10-2011 06:19 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
Quote:I am hugely against political correctness
Just remember what you call political correctness used to be called not being offensive. its basic manners nothing more.
People who go on about "Political correctness gone mad" usually say it about a story they dont have the full facts about or about some bs story a paper put out to stir up some controversy.
As for the kind of jokes you mentioned i still laugh at them but remember there is an appropriate time and place for jokes and there are times when it isnt appropriate(these are the ones that you hear controversy over)

No it isn't. Political correctness is a corruption of language so as to enforce a specific political view upon people whether they want it or not, primarily through shaming them into complying with the viewpoint attempting to be expressed.

"He who controls the definition of words controls the debate." That's political correctness, an attempt at control, nothing more. It has nothing to do with being polite.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
18-10-2011, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2011 09:14 AM by bemore.)
(18-10-2011 05:14 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Bemore,

The issue I take with the 'occupy' movement is not really to do with the sentiment. What irritates me is that 5-10 years ago when the economy was great and everyone had loads of money no-one seemed to be complaining about capitalism.

I have practically no economic knowledge but from what I have seen in various news reports it seems that the current set up encourages a 'boom and bust' state of affairs. People must have known that before the economic crisis but they were quite happy to let people take risks with the economy as the risks were paying off and it was to their benefit. Now that it has gone wrong they want to point the finger at someone to blame. I see that as rather hypocritical.

As far as the EU goes I don't have any particular opinion on it. I'm aware of the possibility of a referendum but I probably won't vote as I simply feel I do not have the required knowledge to formulate a valid opinion.

With respect my friend you are the perfect slave (and your not alone)

You contribute into a system that you dont know anything about, that you dont question.

Im sure if everybody in the world was aware of how the banking system works and operates then believe me.........we wouldnt have a banking system like we do now anymore.

Let me tell you in no uncertain terms that people simply didnt know what was going on with the banking industry 5-10 years ago....the shit is hitting the fan and STILL people dont know.....because it isnt in your face, pushing you to the ground and stamping on your face.......then why should you be bothered about it??? Because you feel that it doesnt affect you directly.

I dont know where to begin with telling you...........I honestly dont. The truth of the matter is you might not simply care anyway....which means I would be wasting my time posting evidence to show you the truth about the banking industry.

(you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink)

I would have a bet with you and say that in 12-24 months time the economy will not be any better.........in fact it will be worse, much worse than it is now. You think times might be tough now......that your pennies are being stretched.......wait until a year or two..........Like I said I would have a bet with you but I wont because the money you give me will basicly be worthless

If you are actually interested and would like to know then let me know and I will tell you...........If you arent bothered and dont want to know because you feel that it is in some way above you or you wont understand then that is fine too.

EDIT: Why do I feel the banking industry is important??? Because believe it or not it affects every single on of your political views.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
18-10-2011, 10:16 AM
(18-10-2011 07:59 AM)17thknight Wrote:  No it isn't. Political correctness is a corruption of language so as to enforce a specific political view upon people whether they want it or not, primarily through shaming them into complying with the viewpoint attempting to be expressed.

"He who controls the definition of words controls the debate." That's political correctness, an attempt at control, nothing more. It has nothing to do with being polite.

The definition of political correctness is "The avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult certain groups of people."

that has everything to do with not being offensive.

Thats what its there for. Heres an example you see a black man on tv and you are asked to describe him do you say" he was a nigger"? or "he was black"?

one of them is considered politically correct the other is offensive. which ones the better choice?

The idea of being politically correct is nothing more than not being offensive. Its one of these things that gets blown out of proportion by people who don't understand what it means.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
18-10-2011, 10:58 AM
bemore,

One of the reasons I posted this thread was to hear alternative opinions. I would love to hear your views on the banking system, I know practically nothing about it so it would be a great learning experience for me.

Best
Worst
18-10-2011, 12:45 PM
(18-10-2011 10:58 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  bemore,

One of the reasons I posted this thread was to hear alternative opinions. I would love to hear your views on the banking system, I know practically nothing about it so it would be a great learning experience for me.

Im sorry if my post come across as a little harsh......I myself am still "asleep" to a lot of things going on in the world, I am far from perfect myself.

I seem to have a habit of de-railing threads recently......so I am going to make a new thread about it that will explain my viewpoints on money.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.