My position on drugs.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: My position on drugs.
Many moons ago, when I was working; Chels told me the reason he never did drugs was because the thought of being out of his mind was terrifying. And I told him that's exactly why one should be exposed to drugs, that living under the assumption of being continuously in control is a condition unprepared for trauma.

Recent evidence suggests that the complex neurocognitive processes underlying stable self-awareness and embodiment are not error-proof and can breakdown I just stole from another thread. Ya know, I gotta look prophetic and stuff. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-01-2012, 03:30 PM
So last night I'm sober - there's the Gwynnies stuff like the anti-suicide thread to show you what that's like. This girl comes over, gives me a dime bag; why don't I make a point of sobriety? Because she's a victim of abuse and I'm like her only friend; she feels she has to pay for that and if I did not accept it, it would be disrespectful. She's only around for a half hour; the shit last until after midnight. Gives me an upset stomach and a pesky desire for more; I tell it to shut the fuck up, eat some toast and go to bed. That's some hardcore shit right there...

Today I'm amblin' round the hood. I'm already sick of myself in that all the posting I'm doing with "Gwyneth" somewhere in the text. That dang Gwynnies... wanna go outside and howl at the moon... where's that dang moon?

So I talk to the landlord for a minute, that covers the sobriety; go look for these other cats knowing there is a drug context, but I left the wallet at home. No matter, no one's around. What's next? Circle K, and 4 Loki... cause I have too much dang money. Nine bucks a day, I'm stuffed on pizza; some 4 Loki will make the Netflix interesting.

The difference between right and wrong often reduces to the Hippocratic oath - do no harm. No animals will be harmed in the filming of the next episode of "this is life." Wink

22-01-2012, 04:53 PM
"drugs are bad m'kay."

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
22-01-2012, 04:57 PM
(22-01-2012 03:30 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  This girl comes over, gives me a dime bag; why don't I make a point of sobriety? Because she's a victim of abuse and I'm like her only friend; she feels she has to pay for that and if I did not accept it, it would be disrespectful. She's only around for a half hour;

Johnny, you're not a male gigolo are you? Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
22-01-2012, 04:59 PM
(22-01-2012 04:53 PM)Leela Wrote:  "drugs are bad m'kay."

Do you mean street drugs, recreational drugs, all drugs?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-01-2012, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2012 05:28 PM by houseofcantor.)
(22-01-2012 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Like when I look over here at this portrait of Gwyneth? And there's these chemicals getting all unbalanced in my brain? Bad shit, man. There ought to be a law... Big Grin
So rather than Netflix, when I'm at the Circle K, the papers mention the Pats in an AFC championship game. So I watch the idiot box for the first time since getting internet...

Here I am with a can of 4 loki watching an officially sanctioned Budweiser commercial. Yeah, ok.
(22-01-2012 04:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-01-2012 03:30 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  This girl comes over, gives me a dime bag; why don't I make a point of sobriety? Because she's a victim of abuse and I'm like her only friend; she feels she has to pay for that and if I did not accept it, it would be disrespectful. She's only around for a half hour;

Johnny, you're not a male gigolo are you? Tongue

Oh, yeah; stud-fucking-central. Tongue

Problems, is what it is. Had this guy I call the "first experimental Christian" over one time; asking me why I can't have friends that are girls... that's not what girls are for. Big Grin

If I was going to stay here, it would come to a point where we would get into it. Don't tell me girls aren't as predatory as guys, I ain't hearing it.

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-01-2012, 05:30 PM

Drugs, man... bad...

I can get high on peppermint tea given the right circumstances. No need for chemicals Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
22-01-2012, 05:35 PM
(22-01-2012 05:30 PM)Leela Wrote:  

Drugs, man... bad...

I can get high on peppermint tea given the right circumstances. No need for chemicals Smile

And that ain't chemical, you... hippopotamus. Big Grin

22-01-2012, 06:49 PM
No comment? Tongue

So this guy, I call him my first friend; I've been trying to get him to pick up these quality appliances I got. No sense in them going into the trash, yeah? But it's hemming and hawing; I'm outta here in a week. So I'm bored, down there today...

How about a trade, buddy old pal? And wouldn't you fucking know it; because he had to pay for it, oh yeah I had good shit...

Fuck, I'm not suicidal cause i'm sad and shit; more like I get sick of the bullshit... "drugs are bad, m'kay?" Sure they are, Leela; in the context of being "drugs." In the context of being I - everything that goes on, that ain't about getting fed? Is about chemicals in the brain. Money, wealth, location, location, bullshit... it's all right here.

(taps the side of the skull)

[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-01-2012, 09:30 PM
(18-01-2012 04:34 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Many moons ago, when I was working; Chels told me the reason he never did drugs was because the thought of being out of his mind was terrifying. And I told him that's exactly why one should be exposed to drugs, that living under the assumption of being continuously in control is a condition unprepared for trauma.

Recent evidence suggests that the complex neurocognitive processes underlying stable self-awareness and embodiment are not error-proof and can breakdown I just stole from another thread. Ya know, I gotta look prophetic and stuff. Wink

I'm down with that rationalization.

(22-01-2012 03:30 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So last night I'm sober - there's the Gwynnies stuff like the anti-suicide thread to show you what that's like. This girl comes over, gives me a dime bag; why don't I make a point of sobriety? Because she's a victim of abuse and I'm like her only friend; she feels she has to pay for that and if I did not accept it, it would be disrespectful.

I'm not down with that rationalization.

(22-01-2012 06:49 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fuck, I'm not suicidal cause i'm sad and shit; more like I get sick of the bullshit...

I used to be down with that rationalization but now I just don't give a shit. Bullshit will be over soon enough of its own accord without me having to worry about hurrying it along.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post