My problem now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2016, 08:36 PM
RE: My problem now
I will say that fear is completely natural and maybe instead of fighting it you could try to embrace it and empower yourself to feel safe. Safe in the fact that no vengeful god is waiting to smite you, safe in numbers, the odds are in your favor, safe in the love and caring of good friends and family who want you to be happy with all that real life has to offer and not waste your life on a sick fantasy.

The fear is not the bad guy here, fear is normal and helpful, it warns you when you're doing something dangerous or something stupid it also warns you when you need emotional comfort. Follow your fear to a safe place of your own making. Do what comforts you and not what you've been programed to feel. Have a plan for fear and longing for someone else to have control because that longing for god is just that, a desire to submit your responsibility and let someone else drive.

I like to have a special sleep position when I'm feeling fearful or vulnerable. I like having a "thing" that I know will comfort me even when I'm alone. I am fearful at times, particularly I worry about dying alone and being scared. I try not to think of it but it does happen and when I can't shake it I try to do productive things. Things I'll feel good about accomplishing and if it's at night I curl up on my side and snuggle my pillow and hold it tight just like it was a person there to comfort me. It isn't but just the act of doing something familiar helps me.

Have a mantra or a thing you do or a place you go, have a plan. Most of all know that in all the particles in the universe your particles came together and sparked a life that is uniquely you and nowhere will there ever be you again. Burn as bright as you can and be happy you're smart enough to appreciate how special your one chance is. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
14-06-2016, 08:39 PM
(14-06-2016 08:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I put some links in--they weren't working. Tongue I'll fix them and get them for you later Thumbsup

Smile
And thanks for reminding me of the resources here. It will give me something to do at work during downtime without going on Facebook.
14-06-2016, 08:40 PM
(14-06-2016 08:19 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 08:16 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Which page? I have been keeping my health thread updated.

Did you try to skype me?

I'll tell you a thing I saw often over my long time on a cancer ward. Those who embraced god died more often than atheists. They gave themselves over to their fictional being. Atheists like me fought harder to stay alive.

They are dead. I am alive.

Creationists 0
Atheists 1

I went to compose a message, I felt like it had been a long time since I wrote you. Sometimes I miss the threads but maybe I'll bookmark it on my phone now.

I did always wonder about that. Some just give in to go "home" or to a better place.

I am home. They went to the morgue.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-06-2016, 08:45 PM
(14-06-2016 08:36 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I will say that fear is completely natural and maybe instead of fighting it you could try to embrace it and empower yourself to feel safe. Safe in the fact that no vengeful god is waiting to smite you, safe in numbers, the odds are in your favor, safe in the love and caring of good friends and family who want you to be happy with all that real life has to offer and not waste your life on a sick fantasy.

The fear is not the bad guy here, fear is normal and helpful, it warns you when you're doing something dangerous or something stupid it also warns you when you need emotional comfort. Follow your fear to a safe place of your own making. Do what comforts you and not what you've been programed to feel. Have a plan for fear and longing for someone else to have control because that longing for god is just that, a desire to submit your responsibility and let someone else drive.

I like to have a special sleep position when I'm feeling fearful or vulnerable. I like having a "thing" that I know will comfort me even when I'm alone. I am fearful at times, particularly I worry about dying alone and being scared. I try not to think of it but it does happen and when I can't shake it I try to do productive things. Things I'll feel good about accomplishing and if it's at night I curl up on my side and snuggle my pillow and hold it tight just like it was a person there to comfort me. It isn't but just the act of doing something familiar helps me.

Have a mantra or a thing you do or a place you go, have a plan. Most of all know that in all the particles in the universe your particles came together and sparked a life that is uniquely you and nowhere will there ever be you again. Burn as bright as you can and be happy you're smart enough to appreciate how special your one chance is. Smile

Thank you! I needed this so much!
I even have similar fears.. the idea of having something to comfort is great, I'll need to work on that.
Just the thought helped ease the tightness in my chest. Like a little ray of hope lol
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
14-06-2016, 08:47 PM
(14-06-2016 08:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 08:19 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I went to compose a message, I felt like it had been a long time since I wrote you. Sometimes I miss the threads but maybe I'll bookmark it on my phone now.

I did always wonder about that. Some just give in to go "home" or to a better place.

I am home. They went to the morgue.

I saved your thread as a favorite so it will pop up when I open my internet.
Thank you once again for putting things in perspective for me.
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
14-06-2016, 08:59 PM
(14-06-2016 08:47 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 08:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am home. They went to the morgue.

I saved your thread as a favorite so it will pop up when I open my internet.

No problem. I died once. I have no memory of it. Happily they brought me back.

Basically death can't hurt you. Although dying and being sick can. I was once so sick in hospital I did not think it possible to be that ill. Really bad.

As comfort, look to others. My family has all pretty much left me. I have nobody to hug me or care for me other than volunteers. One was at my home earlier. Did some cleaning for me I am unable to do.

Those people care. My family cares, they just live in different places. I see them rarely but when I do it is great. I saw my niece last Sunday.

If lonely be amongst friends. When you're alone at home talking to yourself, thinking you are talking to a god, you are still by yourself. The god doesn't talk back. Unless you're a nut case. So what's the point of it??? Imaginary friends are imaginary.

imaginary
ɪˈmadʒɪn(ə)ri/Submit
adjective
existing only in the imagination.
"Chris had imaginary conversations with her"
synonyms: unreal, non-existent, fictional, fictitious, pretend, make-believe, mythical, mythological, legendary, storybook, fanciful, fantastic; made-up, dreamed-up, invented, concocted, fabricated, fancied, the product of someone's imagination; illusory, illusive, figmental, hallucinatory, phantasmal, phantasmic, a figment of someone's imagination; dreamy, dreamlike, shadowy, unsubstantial, chimerical, ethereal; virtual, notional, hypothetical, theoretical; assumed, supposed, suppositious; archaicvisionary
"the imaginary world of the novel"

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
14-06-2016, 09:11 PM
(14-06-2016 08:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 08:47 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I saved your thread as a favorite so it will pop up when I open my internet.

No problem. I died once. I have no memory of it. Happily they brought me back.

Basically death can't hurt you. Although dying and being sick can. I was once so sick in hospital I did not think it possible to be that ill. Really bad.

As comfort, look to others. My family has all pretty much left me. I have nobody to hug me or care for me other than volunteers. One was at my home earlier. Did some cleaning for me I am unable to do.

Those people care. My family cares, they just live in different places. I see them rarely but when I do it is great. I saw my niece last Sunday.

If lonely be amongst friends. When you're alone at home talking to yourself, thinking you are talking to a god, you are still by yourself. The god doesn't talk back. Unless you're a nut case. So what's the point of it??? Imaginary friends are imaginary.

imaginary
ɪˈmadʒɪn(ə)ri/Submit
adjective
synonyms: unreal, non-existent, fictional, fictitious, pretend, make-believe, mythical, mythological, legendary, storybook, fanciful, fantastic; made-up, dreamed-up, invented, concocted, fabricated, fancied, the product of someone's imagination; illusory, illusive, figmental, hallucinatory, phantasmal, phantasmic, a figment of someone's imagination; dreamy, dreamlike, shadowy, unsubstantial, chimerical, ethereal; virtual, notional, hypothetical, theoretical; assumed, supposed, suppositious; archaicvisionary

thank you dale.
You really make my fears seem silly, in a good way. Now I'm laughing at myself.
And you're right, he's never responded. All the times I claimed he did in church was just emotion. Each time I thought God spoke to me or whatever I was nearly hysterical and in tears. It always felt empty.
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
14-06-2016, 09:18 PM
(14-06-2016 09:11 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 08:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  No problem. I died once. I have no memory of it. Happily they brought me back.

imaginary
ɪˈmadʒɪn(ə)ri/Submit
adjective

thank you dale.
You really make my fears seem silly, in a good way. Now I'm laughing at myself.
And you're right, he's never responded. All the times I claimed he did in church was just emotion. Each time I thought God spoke to me or whatever I was nearly hysterical and in tears. It always felt empty.

Here's some lyrics from a song in one of my all time favorite movies, Begin again.

Sung very well by Keira Knightley

"A Step You Can't Take Back"

So you find yourself at this subway
With your world in a bag by your side
And all at once it seemed like a good way
You realize it's the end of the line
For what it's worth

Here comes the train upon the track
And there goes the pain, it cuts to black
Are you ready for the last act?
To take a step you can't take back?

Taken all the punches you could take
Took 'em all right on the chest
Now the camel's back is breaking
Again, again
For what it's worth

Here comes the train upon the track
And there goes the pain, it cuts to black
To take a step you can't take back?

Did she love you?
Did she take you down?
Was she on her knees when she kissed your crown?
Tell me what you found

Here comes the rain, so hold your hat
And don't pray to God, 'cause He won't talk back
To take a step you can't take back, back, back?
You can't take back, back, back.

So you find yourself at this subway
With your world in a bag by your side

Banjo.
15-06-2016, 09:30 AM
(14-06-2016 08:33 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 08:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If you don't have any money for books now, read The Skeptic's Annotated Bible by Steve Wells. It's online and free. We also have a free library here on TTA.

I have read it, and I've visited the library too. I should probably try to get on the computer though so it's not as annoying as being on my phone lol.

Google has a lot of books online that you can read/download for free.
15-06-2016, 11:55 AM
(15-06-2016 09:30 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 08:33 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I have read it, and I've visited the library too. I should probably try to get on the computer though so it's not as annoying as being on my phone lol.

Google has a lot of books online that you can read/download for free.

Download to my phone or?