04-07-2013, 06:51 AM
RE: My questioning of the question "What is the meaning of life"
What is the meaning of rocks?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Julius's post
04-07-2013, 09:06 AM
(02-07-2013 07:41 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  1) The universe and everything in it is random. Life occurs randomly due to random events that make it possible. There is no plan, purpose, or reason that we are here. (I know that evolution is not merely random, but requires environmental filtration to find the "best" adaptations to said environment. However that environment is itself a result of randomness.) There's no reason, just causality.

Nah. S'chaotic.

There's a difference.
Wink

... this is my signature!
04-07-2013, 12:38 PM
(04-07-2013 09:06 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 07:41 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  1) The universe and everything in it is random. Life occurs randomly due to random events that make it possible. There is no plan, purpose, or reason that we are here. (I know that evolution is not merely random, but requires environmental filtration to find the "best" adaptations to said environment. However that environment is itself a result of randomness.) There's no reason, just causality.

Nah. S'chaotic.

There's a difference.
Wink

Meh. Semantics.

Bottom line: shit happens now because of all the shit that already happened...without direction.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
05-07-2013, 04:00 AM
asking for meaning is looking at the end then positively it is pur opportunism about anything and negatively it is the rejection of else existence recognition

i prefer to use the word existence to life, bc it is mainly about objective perspectives and self free reactions to

in that sense, i can understand very much how means are not a condition for smthg or smeone to exist

but of course im not the average type that is why

my idea is what existence is to truth so positive fact certainty

wether existence is objective or is it about oneself, the end is to respect the fact

and by doing so positive free energies are created somhow to support wat truly exist, which become the present existence of that parallel free dimension life, mostly based on the knowledge of rights

the more it is about true existence support the more the freedom is a living right

the problem is what noone seem to enjoy doing smthg for free

as if moving for an hour need a return, while since u r aware of ur move price then wat about the price of ur awareness still forever

i reason differently then others and unfortunately good people are in trouble

so the meanin is to self being willing to stay

but for wat exist it is of course a certainty beyond means, it must then b the best possible constancy and free to lighten its stay forever, so existence value stay first to values ends and never an issue, while for us it is an issue
05-07-2013, 05:20 AM
What Julius said. The question itself has no meaning other than what you ascribe to it. You can ask "What is the meaning of [insert any goddamn thing you want". It means nothing objectively.

05-07-2013, 10:20 AM
of course means are true, in the sense that meaning is about explaining or pointing smthg

that is why the question wat is the mean of life has no point

it shows how all conscious or minds seem to be of a wrong system based on false conceptions of words and things
07-07-2013, 02:19 AM
Science and religion are notorious for bullshtiing their way into ascribing meaning to life, science denies they do this but all their actions say they do believe in a meaning.

Science and religion both believe in the notion of a set of truths that exist outside the humans mind/s. One group believes that this imaginary truth can be found and had already been found, one group believes that truth can be found and hasn't been found yet and continues to strive to this imaginary truth.

Both operate on the notion that truth and meaning is out "there" and we must go towards it.
07-07-2013, 03:03 AM
I&I - So scientists and the religious are all turds. Who constitutes the golden nugget of humanity, just you dear?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
07-07-2013, 03:12 AM
(07-07-2013 02:19 AM)I and I Wrote:  Science and religion are notorious for bullshtiing their way into ascribing meaning to life, science denies they do this but all their actions say they do believe in a meaning.

Science and religion both believe in the notion of a set of truths that exist outside the humans mind/s. One group believes that this imaginary truth can be found and had already been found, one group believes that truth can be found and hasn't been found yet and continues to strive to this imaginary truth.

Both operate on the notion that truth and meaning is out "there" and we must go towards it.

life is an end concept to existence facts, so life cant mean when it is the end

but since all is evil then life is invented anyhow which took the shape of survival or evil powers over else as a living end

that is why i guess sciences and religions meet in same interest, to take advantage of that life obvious lies, for fixed powers advantages over any possessions that allow them to claim being true evolution sources
07-07-2013, 05:11 AM
does anyone suddenly remember the guy with the weird math theories?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]