My (re) introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2013, 05:18 AM
My (re) introduction
Hello all,

It has been a while since I was on the forum last so I thought it would be appropriate to re-introduce myself.

My name is David and I am 18 from Baltimore, Maryland. I have been an atheist since my freshmen year in high school.

I am currently studying Computer Science at Cecil College and run the blog http://doubtingdave.com/ (feedback appreciated).

Hope to see y'all around.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like davidneff's post
21-06-2013, 07:02 AM
RE: My (re) introduction
Welcome back

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2013, 12:03 PM
You have 26 posts and you expect us to remember who the fuck you are?

Welcome though.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
21-06-2013, 02:28 PM
(21-06-2013 12:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You have 26 posts and you expect us to remember who the fuck you are?

Welcome though.

You really are a stupid fuck.
He DOESN'T expect us to remember who the fuck he is, hence the re-introduction.

Fuck, what's with all the STOOPID running rampant on the board today?

And re-welcome, DavidNeff. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
21-06-2013, 02:38 PM
It's cold and wet and windy. Angry

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
21-06-2013, 03:37 PM
(21-06-2013 02:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-06-2013 12:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You have 26 posts and you expect us to remember who the fuck you are?

Welcome though.

You really are a stupid fuck.
He DOESN'T expect us to remember who the fuck he is, hence the re-introduction.

Fuck, what's with all the STOOPID running rampant on the board today?

And re-welcome, DavidNeff. Drinking Beverage

Lol thank you all very much.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2013, 07:11 PM
As you may now remember, some of us here are skeptical of even the obvious. Shocking

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Welcome back.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Welcome Smile back...
22-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Haven't been here long, but I'll repost just to fill some bandwidth here...and it is 4:26 EDT and I'm already half drunk. By 8:30 things should be complete in that area. Thanks for listening.

Hello all,

I've been a fan of TTA since first finding it on Facebook a few years ago. I finally decided to sign up here so I could join in the reindeer games.

I was once a fundamentalist Baptist. About a year after I was "saved" I "felt the Lord calling me to preach." While I never pastored a church, I often filled in at my home church and at sister churches when needed. During this time I was heavy into our doctrinal apologetics. I studied all our competing sects and other religions and debated them often. While I suppressed certain questions I had regarding holes in the bible (it's easy when you can just wave it away with the "trick of the devil" explanation") I believed I was on firm ground within my own denomination. It wasn't until I finally decided to "prove" once and for all that the bible was true that the previous holes widened into insurmountable gaps. I finally left my home church, I went through the obligatory post conversion "Deist" phase before finally settling the issue with myself and becoming comfortable with calling myself an atheist.

That is my story in a nut shell. Glad to be here and I look forward to reading the forum posts.

"Now I don't want to be sane either, but I'm just saying there may be other delusions and hallucinations worthy of consideration before jumping to an irrational conclusion, that's all."