My recent food adventures.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: My recent food adventures.
(30-10-2013 01:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We usually have avocados in the house.

My wife likes them. I don't have much of an opinion on them. They literally taste like nothing to me... they barely have a flavor at all.

Not to mess with your godly authority here, but shouldn't this thread be in the food section?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2013, 01:54 PM
(30-10-2013 01:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 01:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We usually have avocados in the house.

My wife likes them. I don't have much of an opinion on them. They literally taste like nothing to me... they barely have a flavor at all.

Not to mess with your godly authority here, but shouldn't this thread be in the food section?

Probably.

Sec.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
30-10-2013, 01:55 PM
There we go.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-10-2013, 01:56 PM
I've been on a roasted seaweed kick lately. I like the wasabi flavored ones.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
30-10-2013, 01:59 PM
(30-10-2013 01:56 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I've been on a roasted seaweed kick lately. I like the wasabi flavored ones.

That's on my "must eat soon" list - trying out all kinds of sea weed.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Young mangoes have less mess and then the fibers are not such a pain in the ass. And then it depends on what type of mango. I have a tree in my backyard that produces firm,non fibery,sweet mangoes that dont give as much juice off

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
30-10-2013, 02:51 PM
pro tip. Let the plaintains ripe a bit till the skin gets a few black spots,it'll get sweeter. You're not supposed to eat raw it when its still completely yellow. Its eddible till the whole skin turns black(then it'll start rotting)
you also can do much stuff with it,like cook it,bake it in pancake batter, make chips out of it,bake it,so many things

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
[+] 3 users Like Lightvader's post
30-10-2013, 03:10 PM
1) I have never heard of it. Maybe I will try it.

2) I love cilantro! I'm not really sure if I would ever sit down and eat a bunch of it plain. Sounds awful. I mostly know how to cook Mexican and Guatemalan food, and cilantro is like a spice. I like it raw or cooked but not plain. Yuck.

3) mango is awesome. If you have a juicer try juicing it! Mmm. My personal favorite is is cut up mango with lime juice and chili powder.

4) Tasty is not a word that goes with papaya imo. That stuff is so gross. Imagine eating raw chicken with a dash of sugar. :/

5) I don't think I could eat the skin. It's furry..

6) I didn't like the juice. I have never eaten the actual fruit.

7) Love sushi. Ginger meh, it is good for treating nausea.

8) hehehe. Raw plantain. Umm I like them cooked. I blend them into a lot of sauces. I use them in mole. Raw is probably gross though lol.

9) Are there any edible berries that aren't delicious?

10) grilled pineapple is so yummy

Ok so what about grapes? Grapes are delicious and cheap.
30-10-2013, 03:14 PM
(30-10-2013 02:40 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Young mangoes have less mess and then the fibers are not such a pain in the ass. And then it depends on what type of mango. I have a tree in my backyard that produces firm,non fibery,sweet mangoes that dont give as much juice off

Hmmm, I wonder if I can grow mangoes in Southern LA?

The fruit might be too tropical. We do get mild freezes.

30-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Grapes and berries are thé best fruit everrrrrrr!!!!