My refutation of Sye Ten's presuppositional apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 05:53 AM
RE: My refutation of Sye Ten's presuppositional apologetics
(13-02-2016 05:39 AM)Banjo Wrote:  WASTE OF TIME.

Why is seeking the truth a waste of time? Did you see the title? This is a refutation of presuppositionalism. Heart

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2016, 06:09 AM
(13-02-2016 05:53 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 05:39 AM)Banjo Wrote:  WASTE OF TIME.

Why is seeking the truth a waste of time? Did you see the title? This is a refutation of presuppositionalism. Heart

You've seen Sye, right?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-02-2016, 06:14 AM
(13-02-2016 06:09 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 05:53 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Why is seeking the truth a waste of time? Did you see the title? This is a refutation of presuppositionalism. Heart

You've seen Sye, right?

Not quite sure what you mean here. Are you under the impression that I'm doing an elaborate act of wordplay? Or are you telling me that Sye is absurd?

Sye Ten is dangerous. It is important to be able to refute his arguments.

Truth seeker.
13-02-2016, 06:16 AM
(13-02-2016 06:14 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 06:09 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You've seen Sye, right?

Not quite sure what you mean here. Are you under the impression that I'm doing an elaborate act of wordplay? Or are you telling me that Sye is absurd?

Sye Ten is dangerous. It is important to be able to refute his arguments.

Sye is absurd. Der!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
13-02-2016, 06:25 AM
Banjo,
What day of your med cycle are you on. You seem awfully testy.

Take a breath buddy.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
13-02-2016, 06:29 AM
(13-02-2016 06:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Banjo,

Take a breath buddy.

I suppose it's understandable considering some of the tiring nonsense I had posted. It was rather insane.

Truth seeker.
13-02-2016, 06:31 AM
(13-02-2016 06:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Banjo,

Take a breath buddy.

It is day day 10 of 12,

Banjo.
13-02-2016, 06:34 AM
I'l leave for a few days. Sorry everyone.

Banjo.
13-02-2016, 06:35 AM
(13-02-2016 06:34 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I'l leave for a few days. Sorry everyone.

No, no...I figured it was day ten...hang in there. See, we understand.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
13-02-2016, 07:36 AM
(13-02-2016 03:12 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 01:15 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  The problem I see is that his opponents are all skeptics and they are completely philosophically unarmed against his tactics. I watched a video the other day where a skeptic went up against 3 presuppers (not Sye but using his same tactics) and he actually said that he loves his wife but he can't be sure that she really exists. He was putty in their hands.

Here's what I'd say to him:

Sye: How do you account for knowledge without God?

Me: I account for knowledge by reference to the axioms, the primacy of existence and the objective theory of concepts. Now I'd like to ask you a question. Since knowledge is conceptual in nature, and Christianity has no theory of concepts how do you account for knowledge. What does the Bible have to say on the subject. According to the Bible, what is a concept? How are they formed? How are they integrated into wider concepts? What is the relationship between concepts and reality? How is a concept validated? What is the relationship between a concept and its definition. What is universality and how does it relate to concept formation?

Why are you asking me this? I don't believe in the Bible as an ultimate arbiter of truth. Heart
No, not asking you. That's what I would ask Sye. Of course I don't think he would understand my answer and that is not the point, because he is not really interested in anyone's answer. The purpose would be to demonstrate certainty in the face of his onslaught. That is like holding a cross up to a vampire. His whole method requires that his mark be ignorant of fundamental issues. I've seen him go up against an Objectivist and he was completely shut down. He fled. He had nothing. That's because Objectivism has a fully integrated theory of concepts, so that it can account for knowledge without appeals to an invisible magic being.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick