My relationship
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2017, 04:39 PM
RE: My relationship
(12-01-2017 02:04 AM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  I believe she can change. I choose to believe that. What she did is bad, but it's not irreversible. All she has to do now is listen to me if she really loves me and wants me. If not, I will make sure more people come forward about her, her ex in particular.

This is the arena she chose. Only she lied and distorted facts. She did this behind my back and kept up a web of lies over everyone's minds.

She needs to change her ways and accept that what she did is wrong. It's not the end of the world if you told lies about a romantic relationship you have. But when you change my life to this extent, this is my business to talk about what happened. You are my fiance, we have a future together, you want me to be a part of your family. So you need to do this and change. No matter how hard it is. I believe in you. And I believe you love me. I love you too.

Oh dear. No. You can't make her change. You may choose to believe that but reality might be different. If she changes it'll be because she wants to change on her own and not because of you.

Take it from others with experience. Go find someone you don't have to change in the first place.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-01-2017, 01:24 AM
(12-01-2017 02:46 AM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  The rule there is to protect the authors of their own posts here from critique or anything bad. But this is my thread and I welcome any kind of feedback on this.

Then you posted this in the wrong area. People use this area because they do actually care. The forum moderators watch each and every thread in this section closely regardless if they comment publicly or not.

We have other areas where people are free to express themselves and we moderators don't have to worry about it as much.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-01-2017, 04:06 AM
(13-01-2017 01:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 02:46 AM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  The rule there is to protect the authors of their own posts here from critique or anything bad. But this is my thread and I welcome any kind of feedback on this.

Then you posted this in the wrong area. People use this area because they do actually care. The forum moderators watch each and every thread in this section closely regardless if they comment publicly or not.

We have other areas where people are free to express themselves and we moderators don't have to worry about it as much.

I didn't accuse anyone of nor caring, but if the rule there is not to protect the authors, then who is it for and why is it there?
13-01-2017, 04:14 AM
(13-01-2017 04:06 AM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 01:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Then you posted this in the wrong area. People use this area because they do actually care. The forum moderators watch each and every thread in this section closely regardless if they comment publicly or not.

I didn't accuse anyone of nor caring, but if the rule there is not to protect the authors, then who is it for and why is it there?

Moms never said you did re read the post moms is actually saying that the rule IS there to protect the author and every other poster in this section.
13-01-2017, 04:27 AM
(13-01-2017 04:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 04:06 AM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  I didn't accuse anyone of nor caring, but if the rule there is not to protect the authors, then who is it for and why is it there?

Moms never said you did re read the post moms is actually saying that the rule IS there to protect the author and every other poster in this section.

What is the rationale behind protecting other posters, though? Each one with their own problems, it seems to me, Marie from the next thread shouldn't be offended if I ask for and receive negative comments in my own thread anymore than she does for those in any other thread. Smile

I am not here to debate the forum's policy, though. It seemed to me obvious that this forum was free-minded and therefore flexible in its thinking. As long as I respect a rule in spirit, it doesn't have to be followed to the letter if it doesn't make sense, which I believe it didn't within the circumstances. If I was wrong, I invite the staff to take the appropriate actions - LOL. Who cares?

Just chill the fuck out, people.
13-01-2017, 04:44 AM
(13-01-2017 04:27 AM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 04:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Moms never said you did re read the post moms is actually saying that the rule IS there to protect the author and every other poster in this section.

What is the rationale behind protecting other posters, though? Each one with their own problems, it seems to me, Marie from the next thread shouldn't be offended if I ask for and receive negative comments in my own thread anymore than she does for those in any other thread. Smile

I am not here to debate the forum's policy, though. It seemed to me obvious that this forum was free-minded and therefore flexible in its thinking. As long as I respect a rule in spirit, it doesn't have to be followed to the letter if it doesn't make sense, which I believe it didn't within the circumstances. If I was wrong, I invite the staff to take the appropriate actions - LOL. Who cares?

Just chill the fuck out, people.

I don't know the rationale although I would imagine its partly because frequently a person will use examples from their own life to empathize with the OP which maybe equally traumatic or difficult so in that case it makes perfect sense. The personal support threads aren't exactly a chill out area either mate.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
13-01-2017, 04:47 AM
Yeah, that makes sense.

What you say makes sense, adey, but your attitude is disturbing.

And to be clear, this is particularly hypocritical coming from you and her.

I'm done here.
13-01-2017, 05:02 AM
How on earth can you interpret my attitude as disturbing ? I'm simply putting forward a hypothesis for the reasons for certain forum rules how is that even remotely disturbing or hypocritical? Every interaction I have had with you I have been at pains to be respectful and understanding, ask anyone on here, if I offend anyone I always apologise but I'm really not sure where this is coming from.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
11-02-2017, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2017 11:58 AM by julep.)
I don't give a fuck what happens to my user or this post.
11-02-2017, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2017 01:25 PM by adey67.)
Ok, double.post sorry folks.
Thread Closed