My rubbish story.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2017, 08:30 AM
RE: My rubbish story.
(05-02-2017 08:02 AM)Uniqueness Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 05:46 AM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  I'm confused, you said you're officially female, so what's the problem?

Eh, no reason to disclose further information if you don't want to, just trying to get to know you better, seems the polite thing to do.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here. Myself, I'm not part of any Church that I know of but I -was- christened in my early childhood.

There isn't any problem. It just seemed relevant at the time, is all. The only practical differnce it makes iis to realise that I only care what pronouns aren't used - don't use he/him pronouns and we're good. Wink Whether you want to use she/her or they/them pronouns is...meh....I'm good with whichever.

Well, normally I'd respect someone's choice of which pronouns to use in reference to their person, but since you bait-and-switched me with the promise of a good rubbish story, well, I just don't think my liberal values will hold, in this particular case. Tongue

It's not a good start. I'm just sayin'. Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2017, 08:32 AM
(05-02-2017 08:30 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 08:02 AM)Uniqueness Wrote:  There isn't any problem. It just seemed relevant at the time, is all. The only practical differnce it makes iis to realise that I only care what pronouns aren't used - don't use he/him pronouns and we're good. Wink Whether you want to use she/her or they/them pronouns is...meh....I'm good with whichever.

Well, normally I'd respect someone's choice of which pronouns to use in reference to their person, but since you bait-and-switched me with the promise of a good rubbish story, well, I just don't think my liberal values will hold, in this particular case. Tongue

It's not a good start. I'm just sayin'. Laugh out load

If it helps, I can talk about the lame Christmas presents I received once?
[+] 1 user Likes Uniqueness's post
05-02-2017, 08:38 AM
Well I just like pulling people's chains, when they first arrive. All in good fun, of course. I'm about as nice as can be until you tell me I have no basis for my morality or that I'm an evolutionary biologist because I hate god and want to sin... or whatever theist nonsense is going to be slung my way, today.

But yeah, actually, telling us a lame Christmas present you once got is a great way to start introducing yourself to us, which is supposed to be the point of these sorts of threads, before jackasses like me hijack (hi-jack-ass?) them. Hehe.

I'd love to hear it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
05-02-2017, 08:47 AM
Welcome to the madhouse. Big Grin

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
05-02-2017, 05:34 PM
(04-02-2017 03:45 PM)Uniqueness Wrote:  Hi, so I'm new. I clicked my activation email all of three minutes ago. There's not really a lot to tell - I'm English and due to some legal quirks, I'm *technically* officially recorded as COE. Uhh...stopped believing in God at about the same time I grew out of believing in Santa Claus for much the same reasons.

Welcome, Uniqueness, we're glad you're here!
06-02-2017, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 05:08 AM by Uniqueness.)
(05-02-2017 08:38 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Well I just like pulling people's chains, when they first arrive. All in good fun, of course. I'm about as nice as can be until you tell me I have no basis for my morality or that I'm an evolutionary biologist because I hate god and want to sin... or whatever theist nonsense is going to be slung my way, today.

But yeah, actually, telling us a lame Christmas present you once got is a great way to start introducing yourself to us, which is supposed to be the point of these sorts of threads, before jackasses like me hijack (hi-jack-ass?) them. Hehe.

I'd love to hear it.

So...you know how most little girls go through a 'I want a pony' phase? I wanted a pig for some reason. My brother got me a little plastic "Farmy@rd Toy" pig. Yeah.

My brother had a little hot air basket toy that you could fit little toys in. The following year, shortly after my birthday...we therefore had a plastic pig, a hot air balloon toy and balloons from my birthday...can you guess what happened when we were told we weren't allowed to do something using the expression 'when pigs fly'?
[+] 3 users Like Uniqueness's post
06-02-2017, 01:51 AM
Welcome to TTA.
The way I see it, any church you were formerly a member of for whatever reason, loses it's claim on your membership the second you stop believing the fantasy.
Enjoy your stay here. Thumbsup
06-02-2017, 06:37 AM
There's loads of stories about rubbish. Loads of stories that are rubbish.

Perhaps this idea needs some Consider ?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
06-02-2017, 07:37 AM
Welcome fellow Brit.
06-02-2017, 01:46 PM
(06-02-2017 07:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Welcome fellow Brit.

We're slowly taking over mwahahahahah.