My rules for alcohol use.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: My rules for alcohol use.
I used to have rules... Now you'll just find me drinking whiskey straight from the bottle.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
10-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Beer from a can is perfectly acceptable. As long as you're fishing. Yes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-11-2014, 01:16 PM
(10-11-2014 09:48 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Beer is not to be consumed from a can.

Except when driving or hunting. Or around the swimming pool.

Quote:Use a glass you cretin! A bottle is less cretinous. It usually considered correct to wait until 5pm to drink but that applies only to the hard stuff.

It's always 5PM somewhere.

Quote:It's fine to drink beer after 12 noon. Any earlier and you are an alcoholic. Unless of course you've been up all night.

It's always afternoon somewhere.

Quote:All beer except stout goes with meals. Wine is for the pretentious...and Europeans.

And winos.

Quote:Hard liquor is great after a large meal. It's ok to mix coke with rum but stop putting ginger ale and shit in whiskey. If you don't like whiskey without mix then you simply don't like whiskey or you are buying shit. Stop drinking it!

OK, can't argue with that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-11-2014, 01:41 PM
(10-11-2014 01:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 09:48 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Beer is not to be consumed from a can.

Except when driving or hunting. Or around the swimming pool.

Quote:Use a glass you cretin! A bottle is less cretinous. It usually considered correct to wait until 5pm to drink but that applies only to the hard stuff.

Quote:It's fine to drink beer after 12 noon. Any earlier and you are an alcoholic. Unless of course you've been up all night.

It's always afternoon somewhere.

Quote:All beer except stout goes with meals. Wine is for the pretentious...and Europeans.

And winos.

Quote:Hard liquor is great after a large meal. It's ok to mix coke with rum but stop putting ginger ale and shit in whiskey. If you don't like whiskey without mix then you simply don't like whiskey or you are buying shit. Stop drinking it!

OK, can't argue with that.
Your proposed exceptions are acceptable..
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
10-11-2014, 01:42 PM
(10-11-2014 01:09 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Beer from a can is perfectly acceptable. As long as you're fishing. Yes

Also acceptable.
10-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Don't drink it.Dodgy

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
10-11-2014, 01:50 PM
(10-11-2014 01:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Quote:It usually considered correct to wait until 5pm to drink but that applies only to the hard stuff.

I was at a BYOB party once, and decided to bust out my first beer at 4:00. Some woman I didn't know got all snooty and asked me "Since when do we start drinking at 4:00."

I said "Since 4:00. Didn't you just answer your own question?"
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
10-11-2014, 02:26 PM
You forgot one important thing. Its spelled whisky not whiskey. I'll be having none of this irish spelling pish!

[Image: whisky-whiskey_en-600x600.jpg]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-11-2014, 02:45 PM
(10-11-2014 02:26 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  You forgot one important thing. Its spelled whisky not whiskey. I'll be having none of this irish spelling pish!

[Image: whisky-whiskey_en-600x600.jpg]

Isn't it at least reasonable for a guy who called himself Drunkin Druid to spell it with an E?
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
10-11-2014, 03:39 PM
What about Baileys in my morning coffee at Christmas time and camping time?? Sad

Also, I love wine, I like shiraz varieties right now followed by malbecs. I'm not sure I'm pretentious cuz I often have a glass by myself with supper, there's no one to show off to? Hmmm.