My screws are killing me...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2014, 07:53 AM
My screws are killing me...
This is the first time the cold is really affecting me... and it's like freakin' 19 degrees here and that's completely retarded for Louisiana.

Anyway.

I've had 4 ACL surgeries. So, I've got an assortment of screws attaching my ligaments to my bones. Right now, it feels like someone is stabbing my bones with an icepick.

I hate the cold.

I hate, hate, HATE cold weather. No one should ever be subjected to temperatures lower than 70 degrees. It makes no sense.

Cold weather can die for all I care. Stupid winter.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 08:20 AM
RE: My screws are killing me...
I'm with you KC. I had my neck replaced couple years back...prosthesis disks, cadaver bone and some handy scaffolding to hold it all in place. The *scaffolding* (my dr's nickname for the metal) aches. Had a headache for days I cannot shake......... till I realized why.
My husband broke his back the same summer as my neck surgery. The rods along his spine are hurting so bad I gave him pain pills.

ugh

I was going to opt for moving to the south since this cold weather really affects us........ but you say "Louisiana" so that's crazy . ahhhhh

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
07-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Yeah, this is the coldest it's been in years.

It's like painfully cold. Most winters, we barely get below freezing. We may have one or two freezes but that's usually it.

I'm in BR, by the way... very southern part of Louisiana.

07-01-2014, 08:24 AM
(07-01-2014 07:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is the first time the cold is really affecting me... and it's like freakin' 19 degrees here and that's completely retarded for Louisiana.

Anyway.

I've had 4 ACL surgeries. So, I've got an assortment of screws attaching my ligaments to my bones. Right now, it feels like someone is stabbing my bones with an icepick.

I hate the cold.

I hate, hate, HATE cold weather. No one should ever be subjected to temperatures lower than 70 degrees. It makes no sense.

There, there. It's all part of the plan. Drinking Beverage

It was 9ºF when I went to the doctor's this morning. Skating weather. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2014, 08:25 AM
(07-01-2014 07:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is the first time the cold is really affecting me... and it's like freakin' 19 degrees here and that's completely retarded for Louisiana.

Anyway.

I hate the cold.

It is currently 1 degree here. I feel ya bro my knees and back are on fire with this weather. Fucking global climate change screwing up the weather patterns.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-01-2014, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 08:30 AM by Anjele.)
That's why my son was limping last night...ACL repairs on both knees. I didn't even think of that. It's crazy cold here for north Texas.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
07-01-2014, 08:27 AM
(07-01-2014 08:22 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah, this is the coldest it's been in years.

It's like painfully cold. Most winters, we barely get below freezing. We may have one or two freezes but that's usually it.

WOW - cannot believe that part of the US is that cold.
Does a warm shower help? Or place a damp towel in microwave for a min or two. Helps my neck when I do that. I put hubby against a heating pad.

just a suggestion - depending on size of towel - might need 2 or 3 mins. Wrap around your knee and try to relax.
So sorry you hurt, hon. So sorry. I literally Feel your pain - although probably not nearly as bad.
Sad

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
07-01-2014, 08:29 AM
(07-01-2014 08:27 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 08:22 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah, this is the coldest it's been in years.

WOW - cannot believe that part of the US is that cold.
Does a warm shower help? Or place a damp towel in microwave for a min or two. Helps my neck when I do that. I put hubby against a heating pad.

just a suggestion - depending on size of towel - might need 2 or 3 mins. Wrap around your knee and try to relax.
So sorry you hurt, hon. So sorry. I literally Feel your pain - although probably not nearly as bad.
Sad

Awww thank you Smile

And, I can't do any of that right now because I'm at work. I'm going to give the towel thing a try when I get home if they are still hurting.

07-01-2014, 08:31 AM
(07-01-2014 08:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  There, there. It's all part of the plan. Drinking Beverage

It was 9ºF when I went to the doctor's this morning. Skating weather. Smile

Doesn't mean I have to like it, though. And, you just went all KC's Law on me Tongue

(07-01-2014 08:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is currently 1 degree here. I feel ya bro my knees and back are on fire with this weather. Fucking global climate change screwing up the weather patterns.

It's miserable, isn't it. Just miserable.

(07-01-2014 08:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  That's why my son was limping last night...ACL repairs on both knees. I didn't even think if that. It's crazy cold here for north Texas.

Yeah, I don't know what it is, but cold weather is notorious for hurting people with bad knees.

07-01-2014, 08:34 AM
[Image: 1527046_842787152417406_1443636105_n.jpg]

[Image: 1544402_204730063064514_944024965_n.jpg]

[Image: 1525217_587262071350211_1604834880_n.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post