My screws are killing me...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2014, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 02:11 PM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: My screws are killing me...
(07-01-2014 07:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is the first time the cold is really affecting me... and it's like freakin' 19 degrees here and that's completely retarded for Louisiana.

Anyway.

I've had 4 ACL surgeries. So, I've got an assortment of screws attaching my ligaments to my bones. Right now, it feels like someone is stabbing my bones with an icepick.

I hate the cold.

I hate, hate, HATE cold weather. No one should ever be subjected to temperatures lower than 70 degrees. It makes no sense.

Cold weather can die for all I care. Stupid winter.

It's currently -10F right now, -30F if you take into account wind chill. My car battery died on me at work, so I had to get a jump after my shift and went straight to an Advanced Autoparts to replace it. They couldn't do it themselves because the battery is under a fuse box, so I asked to borrow a 10mm ratchet and socket and did it myself out in the parking lot... in the -30F...

Interstate-90 from Pennsylvania to Buffalo, New York is shut down. So is most of the city of Cleveland.

I haven't taken my motorcycle out in months...

I'm half tempted to go stand outside with some hairspray cans and just start dumping CFC's to burn my own little hole in the ozone... Dodgy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-01-2014, 09:56 AM
(07-01-2014 09:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 09:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Louisiana being retarded is kinda the normal state of affairs from over here. Angel

lol no, that's Florida.

Know what I like about Louisiana?

[Image: jlee_zps559f60ad.jpg]

Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2014, 09:58 AM
(07-01-2014 09:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 07:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is the first time the cold is really affecting me... and it's like freakin' 19 degrees here and that's completely retarded for Louisiana.

Anyway.

I've had 4 ACL surgeries. So, I've got an assortment of screws attaching my ligaments to my bones. Right now, it feels like someone is stabbing my bones with an icepick.

I hate the cold.

I hate, hate, HATE cold weather. No one should ever be subjected to temperatures lower than 70 degrees. It makes no sense.

It's currently -10F right now, -30F if you take into account wind chill. My car battery died on me at work, so I had to get a jump after my shift and went straight to an Advanced Autoparts to replace it. They couldn't do it themselves because the battery is under a fuse box, so I asked to borrow a 10mm racket and socket and did it myself out in the parking lot... in the -30F...

Interstate-90 from Pennsylvania to Buffalo, New York is shut down. So is most of the city of Cleveland.

I haven't taken my motorcycle out in months...

I'm half tempted to go stand outside with some hairspray cans and just start dumping CFC's to burn my own little hole in the ozone... Dodgy

Please provide video for the rest of us shut-ins.
Big Grin

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
07-01-2014, 10:00 AM

Anyway.

I hate the cold.

I suggest high-CBD tincture. Dixie Elixers makes it, and if I am not mistaken it can be sold in places where THC cannot. It ain't morphine, but it does help...

Of course, your God made cannabis for a reason. Time to start convincing your legislature of that. Perhaps that's part of His Grand Plan for kingschosen... Heh.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
07-01-2014, 10:07 AM
I hate winter too. Especially when the sun is shining and it's like what 20 degrees outside? Even the dog is confused. He's a sun worshipper and loves to lay on the deck on warm days. He'll go outside look around and give me his WTAF look (which for him is adorable) and then reluctantly go back inside.

The problem is....him being a dog...He forgets and wants to try it again 10 minutes later.....

This morning it's a balmy 36 with rain. Lovely.

kC Hug you've got my sympathy....

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

07-01-2014, 10:17 AM
The people with more humidity will be the chilliest, 'chilled to the bone'. Makes sense to be in more pain and miserable. I don't even shiver here, it's just a frozen tundra dessert. I'd hate to be in a wet cold zone- eat soup and stew, and drink warm bevies! Lots of layers!

Good luck southern people.
07-01-2014, 10:17 AM
(07-01-2014 09:56 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 09:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol no, that's Florida.

Know what I like about Louisiana?

Thumbsup

[Image: crawfish4.jpg]

[Image: jbeach-cd.jpg]

[Image: Neville_Brothers2.jpg]

[Image: 09.jpg]

[Image: jJYsW2GLtgwwxt-640m.jpg]

[Image: Mmm..._crawfish_etouffee_%288027860063%29.jpg]

[Image: NorthernMockingbirdflying.jpg]

[Image: Cardinal.jpg]

[Image: Woodpecker.jpg]

[Image: 536647403_5f960473e3_o.jpg]

[Image: Henry+Butler+-+The+Village+-+DOUBLE+LP-427341.jpg]

[Image: 63e4cf23200a30d11683659c3896b3ad-featured-original.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-01-2014, 10:18 AM
(07-01-2014 10:07 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I hate winter too. Especially when the sun is shining and it's like what 20 degrees outside? Even the dog is confused. He's a sun worshipper and loves to lay on the deck on warm days. He'll go outside look around and give me his WTAF look (which for him is adorable) and then reluctantly go back inside.

The problem is....him being a dog...He forgets and wants to try it again 10 minutes later.....

This morning it's a balmy 36 with rain. Lovely.

kC Hug you've got my sympathy....

My 3 mini-lops bunnies are so retarded. They also go to the screen door, and "scratch" to go out. So I let them out, and about 30 seconds later, they "scratch" to come in. If they see sun, they assume it's warm enough for them outside. They only like 70+ or so. Their memory is even less than 10 minutes. Takes a few times before they remember they really don't want to go out. My dog now comes and gets me when they're scratching to go out. He thinks he's their keeper, (as well as the keeper of everyone and every thing around here). He da boss. Anything weird going on he thinks he needs to "report" it to me.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-01-2014, 10:46 AM
(07-01-2014 10:17 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Know what I like about Louisiana?

I'll give you that one, bird. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-01-2014, 10:49 AM
(07-01-2014 10:17 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 09:56 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Know what I like about Louisiana?

Thumbsup

[Image: crawfish4.jpg]

[Image: jbeach-cd.jpg]

[Image: Neville_Brothers2.jpg]

[Image: 09.jpg]

[Image: jJYsW2GLtgwwxt-640m.jpg]

[Image: Mmm..._crawfish_etouffee_%288027860063%29.jpg]

[Image: NorthernMockingbirdflying.jpg]

[Image: Cardinal.jpg]

[Image: Woodpecker.jpg]

[Image: 536647403_5f960473e3_o.jpg]

[Image: Henry+Butler+-+The+Village+-+DOUBLE+LP-427341.jpg]

[Image: 63e4cf23200a30d11683659c3896b3ad-featured-original.jpg]

You forgot the Saints.
(way to go saints!)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post