My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2013, 09:18 AM
My short time on Suscipe Domine
I went to SD so I could try and learn more about what Catholic believe. I have vast knowledge on Protestant theology, but I'm seriously lacking when it comes to other forms of Christianity (Catholicism, Mormons, JWs, etc).

Right off the bat, I was attacked. Once they found out I was a Calvinist, it started to get really interesting.

That place is exactly as those that have been there describe it (I'll refrain because I'm sure some SD people are reading this topic).

It is the most close-minded place I've ever been to. There is an admitted double standard. Catholics are free to say whatever they want; however, non-Catholics run the risk of getting banned. Nothing against Catholic teachings is allowed, so I couldn't even debate them without running the risk of getting banned.

I simply bowed out of that forum. I'm going to continue my research on my own. They were the most horrible, rudest group of people I've met in a long time. No wonder why non-believers hate Catholics the most. I would too if I was treated like that in the name of God.

Here is my intro topic... read it... if you dare.

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...pic=4960.0

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
31-12-2013, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2013 09:34 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
"If you're here with good intentions like you claim then you are welcome to post. However, in the spirit of full disclosure, if it is brought to our intention that you are not posting in good faith or are trashing Suscipe Domine other places you will be shown the door."

Idiots can't even speak correct English.
It's : "If it is brought to our ATTENTION". Weeping

They allow their own people to break their own rules ALL the time. Never saw so much vitriolic ignorant homophobia in one place.
"Methinks they doth protest too much".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
31-12-2013, 09:32 AM
I love how the first thing they throw out there is that if an admin says something, you aren't allowed to dispute it. They honestly treat admin posts like divine intervention.

Don't get any ideas there, KC.
[+] 2 users Like Jasozz's post
31-12-2013, 09:43 AM
"Im the highest rated member on the site by a large margin" dude,know what i would think if i was one of them? "juuuust great. He is the absolute worst of the forum. Baaaaaaan him"

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
31-12-2013, 09:46 AM
It probably didn't help that your opening post made you sound like you are an avowed atheist, and by post 10 there were links back here of people making fun of them - making you look like a double agent Wink

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
31-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Dude I told you from the start it was a bad idea to go there and expect anything but what you got. I still think they are going to ban you even though you already left. They can't let you "win". In fact they will probably bring up this thread as the reason since you "badmouthed" their ass backwards forum here. It is a sad sad place full of people of small fragile faith who can't defend their positions so how did you expect them to be able to explain anything to you?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-12-2013, 09:51 AM
(31-12-2013 09:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I went to SD so I could try and learn more about what Catholic believe. I have vast knowledge on Protestant theology, but I'm seriously lacking when it comes to other forms of Christianity (Catholicism, Mormons, JWs, etc).

Right off the bat, I was attacked. Once they found out I was a Calvinist, it started to get really interesting.

That place is exactly as those that have been there describe it (I'll refrain because I'm sure some SD people are reading this topic).

It is the most close-minded place I've ever been to. There is an admitted double standard. Catholics are free to say whatever they want; however, non-Catholics run the risk of getting banned. Nothing against Catholic teachings is allowed, so I couldn't even debate them without running the risk of getting banned.

I simply bowed out of that forum. I'm going to continue my research on my own. They were the most horrible, rudest group of people I've met in a long time. No wonder why non-believers hate Catholics the most. I would too if I was treated like that in the name of God.

Here is my intro topic... read it... if you dare.

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...pic=4960.0

All I can say is - holy cow.

That said, there are plenty of lovely Catholics. My aunt being one - she takes the teachings about caring for the poor and helping others regardless of creed or other characteristics very much to her heart. She has helped countless random people one way or another. She cares about others. She attributes this to her faith, I say it's a family trait. Regardless, she is a devout, church going catholic and a good and delightful person, kind and with a great sense of humor.

Not all Catholics are stiff, intransigent jerks. Too bad that forum projects such an image. Having god delusions doesn't mean you have to be an ass.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
31-12-2013, 09:57 AM
"Because we don't respect non-Catholic beliefs."

Ohhhh kaaayyyy
[+] 3 users Like Colourcraze's post
31-12-2013, 09:58 AM
(31-12-2013 09:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Dude I told you from the start it was a bad idea to go there and expect anything but what you got. I still think they are going to ban you even though you already left. They can't let you "win". In fact they will probably bring up this thread as the reason since you "badmouthed" their ass backwards forum here. It is a sad sad place full of people of small fragile faith who can't defend their positions so how did you expect them to be able to explain anything to you?

I know, I know. But, I have to judge things on my own. No harm in saying you were right. Now I know.

And yeah, I probably will be banned for this topic. If I am, it just reinforces my opinions of that place.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
31-12-2013, 10:00 AM
AND
You're sensitive and whiney. Geez KC Tongue
[+] 4 users Like Colourcraze's post