My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(01-01-2014 12:53 PM)Jayne Wrote:  Online forums tend to operate on the basis of shared assumptions and values. This one may be a rare exception, but that seems unlikely.

Let me make some guesses about some common beliefs here:
Atheism is superior to theism.
Freedom of speech is very important.
There is no good reason to believe in God.

You missed one...
Kingschosen is a deluded Calvanist who is going to burn in Hell.

On that, we all agree Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
01-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Agree with them or not ~ their site, their rules.

That said, I've seen many sites, not just Catholic sites, where you must sing from the same page, or, end up getting banned for daring to challenge their beliefs. It's pure totalitarianism and authoritarianism.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
01-01-2014, 01:51 PM
(01-01-2014 01:19 PM)Jayne Wrote:  ...
You assume that truth must be established by evidence. What is the evidence for this?

The trial of OJ Simpson?

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-01-2014, 01:51 PM
(01-01-2014 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's so sad. Every dogma has an historical context and completely human developmental history. To accept what ancient humans cooked up and accept it as having some sort of ultimate value is simply ignorance of the complex (totally non-unanimous) developmental process.

I have a Master of Divinity degree. I probably know more about how Catholic dogmas developed than you or most people. I think that God often works through human agents so the historical development of dogmas in no way precludes their divine origin.
01-01-2014, 01:56 PM
(01-01-2014 01:51 PM)Jayne Wrote:  I have a Master of Divinity degree.

Quite a useless degree.
[+] 2 users Like Foxen's post
Ah, we must hold a Divine Tea ceremony Big Grin

Bucky is studying divinity AFAIK, somewhere up around master/Phd level...

Why'd your daft deity write such atrocious prose ? Would it have been so hard to write clear instructions like what you get with a washing machine ? And why's he so angry with people all the time ? For random stuff too. Sticking the old pecker into another guy... a perfectly understandable error, I wouda thought, but noooooooo, eternal hellfire for you, boyo...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
(01-01-2014 01:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to say that I don't feel superior to anyone for any reason.

Me too. I guess that makes us better than all those people who feel superior. Big Grin
[+] 8 users Like Jayne's post
01-01-2014, 01:57 PM
I like you,jayne. But i dislike the asshole you brought with you.
Anyway,i just wanted to point out that how you are welcomed here depends on your aditude and not your beliefs. You have +4 reps from 2 days,and the asshole managed to get -5 in one day. We do not judge based on beliefs. Another example chippy had a neg rep for a long time,even if he's an atheist. He is an asshole most of the time.

Anyway, i hope you have a pleasant time and i hope to see you around a bit more in the other sections. Have a nice day and a happy new year to you

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 5 users Like Lightvader's post
01-01-2014, 01:59 PM
(01-01-2014 01:56 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 01:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to say that I don't feel superior to anyone for any reason.

Me too. I guess that makes us better than all those people who feel superior. Big Grin

Exactly! Yes

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-01-2014, 02:00 PM
(01-01-2014 01:51 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's so sad. Every dogma has an historical context and completely human developmental history. To accept what ancient humans cooked up and accept it as having some sort of ultimate value is simply ignorance of the complex (totally non-unanimous) developmental process.

I have a Master of Divinity degree. I probably know more about how Catholic dogmas developed than you or most people. I think that God often works through human agents so the historical development of dogmas in no way precludes their divine origin.

Hmm, ego? ( master of divinty degree, I know more....), like that means anything. And what proof do you have that it's actually god working through human agents ?