My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 03:05 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(01-01-2014 03:01 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 01:16 PM)Jayne Wrote:  I think he gets away with stuff because he is a "character" rather than because he supports the right side. When he is outrageous people probably don't take it seriously.
You have some nerve Jayne. You know very well I dont get away with anything especially since you have it as your mission to report every post I ever make to the moderators. You are very disengenuous here playing the good cop all pure one. How many bans have you had at SD Jayne...and how many have you lobbied for of others?
For the record I get a ban almost monthly for some thing or another. I accept them and if I can change what got me banned I try to. Im a real person not a cardboard cut out...I have faults and they get me in trouble....So bucky ball you dont know what the hell your talking about.

What do you mean you get banned? You still post there. Do they put you on time-out?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-01-2014, 03:06 PM
(01-01-2014 02:24 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I've got one question to Jayne, before the cheerleading squad gets all mushy about her "good attitude" in here.

Do you actively participate in indoctrinating children into this beliefe system of yours ? or do you give them all types of religious and scientific information and education until their old enough to make up their own mind ?

I'm not a gambling man, but I'd put some money on the answere I think will hold true..... if your honest.

Hitch used to love this one....... Wink

This isn't really a fair question. If one believes that all religious beliefs are relative, and that all are equally valid, then the "wait until they're old enough to make up their own mind" approach is reasonable. But if one believes that the soul is immortal, and that one religious system will lead that soul to a life of eternal bliss, while all other systems will lead it to a life of eternal torment, it would be insane not to teach it the "good" system. Do you let your children eat whatever they want, and do whatever they want? Or do you steer them toward foods and activities that you know to be healthy? Why should spiritual training be any different? Jayne's beliefs may be wrong, but within the context of those beliefs, "indoctrinating" her children is the only reasonable thing for her to do.
01-01-2014, 03:08 PM
(01-01-2014 02:58 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 02:18 PM)Jayne Wrote:  I accept the Catholic Church as a source of truth and the Church teaches there is One God in Three Divine Persons. If I hear whisperings in the night I compare it against Church teaching. If the whispering is compatible then I consider it likely that it was God. Otherwise it was not.
You have a fine system in place already to determine what god's words are and what words your internal dialogue offers you. May I ask when precisely do you hear these whispers? Are they just before you fall to sleep or are you fully awake?

I do not literally hear whispers, but I do occasionally have a sense of God communicating with me. This happens at various times of day, normally when I am alert.
01-01-2014, 03:10 PM
(01-01-2014 03:06 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Do you let your children eat whatever they want, and do whatever they want? Or do you steer them toward foods and activities that you know to be healthy? Why should spiritual training be any different?

Religious indoctrination is different, because it is a form of child abuse as far as I am concerned.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
01-01-2014, 03:11 PM
(01-01-2014 02:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 02:45 PM)Jayne Wrote:  It might not mean that Zeus is real, but it would be silly to tell a person with such a degree that he is ignorant of Greek mythology.

That is true but if they were to profess that they believe that all the tales of Zeus were true would you not question them? How do you explain the contradictions and the lack of any outside confirmation of most of the biblical accounts?

You would have to ask me about a specific contradiction or lack of confirmation for me to be able to answer that.
01-01-2014, 03:12 PM
(01-01-2014 03:06 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  This isn't really a fair question. If one believes that all religious beliefs are relative, and that all are equally valid, then the "wait until they're old enough to make up their own mind" approach is reasonable. But if one believes that the soul is immortal, and that one religious system will lead that soul to a life of eternal bliss, while all other systems will lead it to a life of eternal torment, it would be insane not to teach it the "good" system. Do you let your children eat whatever they want, and do whatever they want? Or do you steer them toward foods and activities that you know to be healthy? Why should spiritual training be any different? Jayne's beliefs may be wrong, but within the context of those beliefs, "indoctrinating" her children is the only reasonable thing for her to do.

Sorry but this arguement really cant be taken serious, your comparing apples to oranges. Scaring the shit out of a child that has no other information process than an adult , is wrong... period.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
01-01-2014, 03:14 PM
(01-01-2014 02:59 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 02:43 PM)Jayne Wrote:  I teach my children what I believe is the truth. From your perspective, I suppose that means I am indoctrinating them. I am doing the best that I can to lead my children to be Catholic. This has no effect on the scientific information that I give them, since science is not at all harmful to Faith.

So, do I get some persecution now? I have been starting to worry about how all this friendliness will look to the Catholics.

Look , I was raised Roman Catholic and went to catholic school, and was also a alter boy for a few years. That being said, I saw, even at that age, the contradictions and mythology of it all, not to mention the hypocrisy.

I was one of the lucky ones to walk away without doubting that the stories werent true. Just a bit scary to a young child, but then again so was Hansel and Gretel.

Its great for children to have a 'make believe friend' and then grow out of it, but what your doing is child abuse.

If you want to call this 'persecution' to satisfy your need to suffer, than so be it.

Is there a smiley here for "well that joke went over his head"?
01-01-2014, 03:15 PM
(01-01-2014 03:11 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 02:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is true but if they were to profess that they believe that all the tales of Zeus were true would you not question them? How do you explain the contradictions and the lack of any outside confirmation of most of the biblical accounts?

You would have to ask me about a specific contradiction or lack of confirmation for me to be able to answer that.

We can start with this and move on if you like.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-01-2014, 03:16 PM
(01-01-2014 03:14 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 02:59 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Look , I was raised Roman Catholic and went to catholic school, and was also a alter boy for a few years. That being said, I saw, even at that age, the contradictions and mythology of it all, not to mention the hypocrisy.

I was one of the lucky ones to walk away without doubting that the stories werent true. Just a bit scary to a young child, but then again so was Hansel and Gretel.

Its great for children to have a 'make believe friend' and then grow out of it, but what your doing is child abuse.

If you want to call this 'persecution' to satisfy your need to suffer, than so be it.

Is there a smiley here for "well that joke went over his head"?

Frusty That work?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-01-2014, 03:17 PM
(01-01-2014 03:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  We can start with this and move on if you like.

I really don't want to spend an hour watching a video. Can't you just say something in your own words?