My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
I grew up amongst catholics.

There is really not much to them worth knowing about.

Once I have built my Reich these people will be punished.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
31-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Now you know why there are so many ex-Catholics around here. If anything will cause you to lose faith, it's Catholicism.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
31-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Jayne and a few others seemed to play nice and have a genuine interest in answering your questions.

I was very surprised that you were asked to share your beliefs and then everyone flipped out because you did. That was nuts.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
31-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I like Basilios the best:
"Because Calvin and his religion is satanic. Catholicism is of God."
"Lol u mad? Come at me bro."
"Calvin deserves every bit of it. That agent of Satan should be ridiculed."
"No doubt God has dealt with him. But just to reiterate it's good to make fun of that devil."

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
31-12-2013, 10:56 AM
(31-12-2013 09:43 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  "Im the highest rated member on the site by a large margin"

There you go, lighting up a pet peeve. Mofo goes around here begging for rep, then goes over there spouting off like rep means something. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
31-12-2013, 10:58 AM
If for nothing else, reading that thread over there, reinforces why I came to think of these people as batshit crazy, even as a 9 year old kid.

And now I feel a bit worse (like sick) for following along those 8 pages, your better of not being in that group of poisionous snakes.
31-12-2013, 11:11 AM
http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...g98957#new

continued there....

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
31-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Forum members like "Gardener" whos profile says:
Quote:Religion: The only one.

Are perfect examples of what I call Christian Taliban.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
31-12-2013, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2013 12:05 PM by Grasshopper.)
I'm a lurker on SD, and I was following the thread in question. Some of them are pretty rude, but then, so are some people here. And some of them are quite reasonable. That's the internet.

You can't judge Catholics in general by SD (I know this because I have been a Catholic, and nominally, still am one). The folks at SD are by definition an extreme group -- they are "traditional" Catholics who think that everything in the Church has gone wrong since Vatican II in the early 1960s. Some of them think that the Catholic Church hasn't had a legitimate Pope since before Vatican II. The vast majority of them don't like the current Pope, and some go so far as to call him a heretic. So they are not exactly representative Catholics.

Some traditional Catholic doctrines, such as EENS ("No salvation outside the Church" -- meaning that if you are not a baptized, believing Catholic, you're going to Hell -- doesn't matter what kind of person you are) are as extreme as anything in Calvinism. And the main Calvinist doctrine that people tend to think of as unreasonable -- predestination -- is shared by traditional Catholics, although it is understood differently. As far as I can see, the theological differences between Calvinism and Catholicism are relatively minor -- but they like to get bent out of shape over anybody who doesn't think exactly as they do. If you differ on any point of doctrine whatsoever, you're a heretic and you're going to Hell. They really like to call people (even each other) heretics.

If you think they're bad, take a look at Cathinfo some time. Those people make the SD crowd look downright tolerant.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
31-12-2013, 11:59 AM
(31-12-2013 11:54 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm a lurker on SD, and I was following the thread in question. Some of them are pretty rude, but then, so are some people here. And some of them are quite reasonable. That's the internet.

You can't judge Catholics in general by SD (I know this because I have been a Catholic, and nominally, still am one). The folks at SD are by definition an extreme group -- they are "traditional" Catholics who think that everything in the Church has gone wrong since Vatican II in the early 1960s. Some of them think that the Catholic Church hasn't had a legitimate Pope since before Vatican II. The vast majority of them don't like the current Pope, and some go so far as to call him a heretic. So they are not exactly representative Catholics.

Some traditional Catholic doctrines, such as EENS ("No salvation outside the Church" -- meaning that if you are not a baptized, believing Catholic, you're going to Hell -- doesn't matter what kind of person you are) are as extreme as anything in Calvinism. And the main Calvinist doctrine that people tend to think of as unreasonable -- predestination -- is shared by traditional Catholics, although it is understood differently. As far as I can see, the theological differences between Calvinism and Catholicism are realtively minor -- but they like to get bent out of shape over anybody who doesn't think exactly as they do. If you differ on any point of doctrine whatsoever, you're a heretic and you're going to Hell. They really like to call people (even each other) heretics.

If you think they're bad, take a look at Cathinfo some time. Those people make the SD crowd look downright tolerant.

I will agree that we have rude people here, however we do not muzzle anyone. If one of our rude members were to go after you here, you would be free to return fire and defend yourself without fear of being banned.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post