My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(01-01-2014 03:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 05:23 PM)Jayne Wrote:  Just to clarify, I am not here to talk about Catholicism or preach at people.

(01-01-2014 02:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ...
How do you explain the contradictions and the lack of any outside confirmation of most of the biblical accounts?

Tsk, tsk, Rev.

Are we going to see a repeat of what happened to KC over at SD?

No

No because if she can answer this I won't berate her for stating her beliefs.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-01-2014, 03:33 PM
(01-01-2014 03:23 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 03:18 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Hmmm, well please explain the joke to me in a way that a dullard like me can understand.

There has been a running gag through this thread about me getting in trouble with Catholics for having atheists be friendly with me. I don't really have a need for persecution. It is perfectly fine with me if you don't persecute me at all.

Ah, gotcha.... I missed it since I'm not a catholic anymore (if I really ever was) , but you seemed to have wanted the persecution...... so I obliged , and maybe wrongfully so Blush
01-01-2014, 03:34 PM
(01-01-2014 03:08 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 02:58 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You have a fine system in place already to determine what god's words are and what words your internal dialogue offers you. May I ask when precisely do you hear these whispers? Are they just before you fall to sleep or are you fully awake?

I do not literally hear whispers, but I do occasionally have a sense of God communicating with me. This happens at various times of day, normally when I am alert.
Fascinating. Could you describe an experience for me? Was there a specific message that stuck?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
01-01-2014, 03:35 PM
(01-01-2014 03:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 05:23 PM)Jayne Wrote:  Just to clarify, I am not here to talk about Catholicism or preach at people.

(01-01-2014 02:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ...
How do you explain the contradictions and the lack of any outside confirmation of most of the biblical accounts?

Tsk, tsk, Rev.

No

Whaddya mean, is legit question. She can always tell us all to buzz off if she get tired of answering...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-01-2014, 03:39 PM
(01-01-2014 03:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 03:01 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  You have some nerve Jayne. You know very well I dont get away with anything especially since you have it as your mission to report every post I ever make to the moderators. You are very disengenuous here playing the good cop all pure one. How many bans have you had at SD Jayne...and how many have you lobbied for of others?
For the record I get a ban almost monthly for some thing or another. I accept them and if I can change what got me banned I try to. Im a real person not a cardboard cut out...I have faults and they get me in trouble....So bucky ball you dont know what the hell your talking about.

What do you mean you get banned? You still post there. Do they put you on time-out?
Yes your right temporary bans..sorry term difference sall.
01-01-2014, 03:42 PM
(01-01-2014 03:12 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 03:06 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  This isn't really a fair question. If one believes that all religious beliefs are relative, and that all are equally valid, then the "wait until they're old enough to make up their own mind" approach is reasonable. But if one believes that the soul is immortal, and that one religious system will lead that soul to a life of eternal bliss, while all other systems will lead it to a life of eternal torment, it would be insane not to teach it the "good" system. Do you let your children eat whatever they want, and do whatever they want? Or do you steer them toward foods and activities that you know to be healthy? Why should spiritual training be any different? Jayne's beliefs may be wrong, but within the context of those beliefs, "indoctrinating" her children is the only reasonable thing for her to do.

Sorry but this arguement really cant be taken serious, your comparing apples to oranges. Scaring the shit out of a child that has no other information process than an adult , is wrong... period.

So if I tell my children to stay away from the grizzly bear, because it will kill them and eat them if they don't, I'm guilty of child abuse for scaring the shit out of them? If Hell is real, it would be child abuse not to warn them about it!

Disclaimer: I personally don't believe Hell is real. Furthermore, if it were real, the sick fuck who created it would absolutely not be deserving of worship. I am not trying to defend Catholic beliefs here. But how can you expect people who have those beliefs not to pass them on to their children? If Hell is real, what kind of sick fuck would not do everything in his/her power to keep his/her children away from it?

"Before you abuse, criticize and accuse -- walk a mile in my shoes."
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
01-01-2014, 03:47 PM
(01-01-2014 03:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 03:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Tsk, tsk, Rev.

No

Whaddya mean, is legit question. She can always tell us all to buzz off if she get tired of answering...

Just drawing a parallel.

Now, buzz off!

Tongue

01-01-2014, 03:55 PM
(01-01-2014 03:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Now, buzz off!

Rolleyes Gawd...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-01-2014, 03:55 PM
(01-01-2014 03:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  So if I tell my children to stay away from the grizzly bear, because it will kill them and eat them if they don't, I'm guilty of child abuse for scaring the shit out of them? If Hell is real, it would be child abuse not to warn them about it!

Disclaimer: I personally don't believe Hell is real. Furthermore, if it were real, the sick fuck who created it would absolutely not be deserving of worship. I am not trying to defend Catholic beliefs here. But how can you expect people who have those beliefs not to pass them on to their children? If Hell is real, what kind of sick fuck would not do everything in his/her power to keep his/her children away from it?

Passing on ignorance to ones children about a myth is one thing, teaching facts about REAL harm and nature is another. The analogy here fails.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
01-01-2014, 04:06 PM
(01-01-2014 03:55 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 03:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  So if I tell my children to stay away from the grizzly bear, because it will kill them and eat them if they don't, I'm guilty of child abuse for scaring the shit out of them? If Hell is real, it would be child abuse not to warn them about it!

Passing on ignorance to ones children about a myth is one thing, teaching facts about REAL harm and nature is another. The analogy here fails.

You're missing my point. The people who are passing these beliefs on to their children are not aware that said beliefs constitute "ignorance". What would you have them do? If you are absolutely convinced that something is the truth, and that this truth is necessary for the survival of your children, do you not pass it on to them?