My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 04:11 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(01-01-2014 04:06 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 03:55 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Passing on ignorance to ones children about a myth is one thing, teaching facts about REAL harm and nature is another. The analogy here fails.

You're missing my point. The people who are passing these beliefs on to their children are not aware that said beliefs constitute "ignorance". What would you have them do? If you are absolutely convinced that something is the truth, and that this truth is necessary for the survival of your children, do you not pass it on to them?

Yes, of course.

The problem will surface later when the child discovers that there are no absolutes.

Sad, really.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
01-01-2014, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 05:14 PM by Heathen.)
(01-01-2014 03:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  So if I tell my children to stay away from the grizzly bear, because it will kill them and eat them if they don't, I'm guilty of child abuse for scaring the shit out of them? If Hell is real, it would be child abuse not to warn them about it!

Disclaimer: I personally don't believe Hell is real. Furthermore, if it were real, the sick fuck who created it would absolutely not be deserving of worship. I am not trying to defend Catholic beliefs here. But how can you expect people who have those beliefs not to pass them on to their children? If Hell is real, what kind of sick fuck would not do everything in his/her power to keep his/her children away from it?

If you were to point to an actual grizzly bear and tell your children that it is dangerous - good parenting.

If you tell your children that there are invisible grizzly bears watching you day and night and that they can get you and eat you at any moment - you are raising neurotic children who will likely pass on their mental illness to your grandchildren and you should be locked up for child abuse.

Disclaimer noted. Smile

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 3 users Like Heathen's post
01-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Aaaaaannnnd I got banned for "trolling".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 10 users Like kingschosen's post
01-01-2014, 05:24 PM
(01-01-2014 05:15 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Aaaaaannnnd I got banned for "trolling".

You may refer to me as Most Holy Prophet and I expect a sacrifice. Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Hmmm, they have just made an announcement that they don't want SD members "defending the forum elsewhere" (like here). If they (the moderators) feel that it needs defending, one of them will do it.

I doubt if that will stop voxpop, but it might stop Jayne. One of their moderators has already been here a while ago (LouisIX over there -- not sure if he used the same name here).
01-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Voxpop and Jayne haven't really done much defending of the forum, more like defending their own beliefs.

I don't mind having them here at all, some of the conversations were interesting.

Dunno what their homeboys are worried about...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-01-2014, 05:45 PM
On the indoctrination topic
i personally think indoctrination is wrong,but i wouldnt go as far as calling it child abuse

@grasshopper
even if the person thinks it is the reasonable thing to do,does not mean it is not child abuse. In fact,most child abusers(in the general meaning. Not indoctrination) abuse their child because they think it is the reasonable thing to do. For example,i did get a lot of beatings as a child,and i'm sure many of you guys would say its child abuse,but they did it because they thought it was the right thing to do.

@theotherdude(sorry)
i do not think indoctrination is child abuse,but i think itswrong(as stated above).
Try to put yourself in the parent's perspective. The theist parent sees hell as a real thing to be scared of,just as you see snakes as something to warn your kids against,so you really can't blame them imo.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
01-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Also,some1 in HoC's thread,some1 named elizabethAnne says she's from TTA. Who is she?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
01-01-2014, 05:49 PM
(01-01-2014 05:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Hmmm, they have just made an announcement that they don't want SD members "defending the forum elsewhere" (like here). If they (the moderators) feel that it needs defending, one of them will do it.

Dafuq? Somebody make sure that's really Jim Jones signature on that memo and not a forgery. Hobo

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-01-2014, 05:55 PM
(01-01-2014 05:45 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  On the indoctrination topic
i personally think indoctrination is wrong,but i wouldnt go as far as calling it child abuse

@grasshopper
even if the person thinks it is the reasonable thing to do,does not mean it is not child abuse. In fact,most child abusers(in the general meaning. Not indoctrination) abuse their child because they think it is the reasonable thing to do. For example,i did get a lot of beatings as a child,and i'm sure many of you guys would say its child abuse,but they did it because they thought it was the right thing to do.

@theotherdude(sorry)
i do not think indoctrination is child abuse,but i think itswrong(as stated above).
Try to put yourself in the parent's perspective. The theist parent sees hell as a real thing to be scared of,just as you see snakes as something to warn your kids against,so you really can't blame them imo.

I have only one thing to say: That dancing banana needs to be slapped.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post