My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(01-01-2014 05:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 05:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Hmmm, they have just made an announcement that they don't want SD members "defending the forum elsewhere" (like here). If they (the moderators) feel that it needs defending, one of them will do it.

Dafuq? Somebody make sure that's really Jim Jones signature on that memo and not a forgery. Hobo

I swear that place is almost a Poe site Laugh out load

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-01-2014, 05:56 PM
(01-01-2014 05:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 05:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Hmmm, they have just made an announcement that they don't want SD members "defending the forum elsewhere" (like here). If they (the moderators) feel that it needs defending, one of them will do it.

Dafuq? Somebody make sure that's really Jim Jones signature on that memo and not a forgery. Hobo

The announcement was from the forum owner. I think his concern is the same as Jayne's -- that voxpop is making them look bad.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
01-01-2014, 05:59 PM
http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...ic=1181.45 look at the latest post lawls

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
01-01-2014, 06:02 PM
(01-01-2014 05:55 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 05:45 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  On the indoctrination topic
i personally think indoctrination is wrong,but i wouldnt go as far as calling it child abuse

@grasshopper
even if the person thinks it is the reasonable thing to do,does not mean it is not child abuse. In fact,most child abusers(in the general meaning. Not indoctrination) abuse their child because they think it is the reasonable thing to do. For example,i did get a lot of beatings as a child,and i'm sure many of you guys would say its child abuse,but they did it because they thought it was the right thing to do.

@theotherdude(sorry)
i do not think indoctrination is child abuse,but i think itswrong(as stated above).
Try to put yourself in the parent's perspective. The theist parent sees hell as a real thing to be scared of,just as you see snakes as something to warn your kids against,so you really can't blame them imo.

I have only one thing to say: That dancing banana needs to be slapped.

Big Grin

don't worry,i'll slap the banana later Wink

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 3 users Like Lightvader's post
01-01-2014, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 06:22 PM by Jayne.)

I doubt if that will stop voxpop, but it might stop Jayne. One of their moderators has already been here a while ago (LouisIX over there -- not sure if he used the same name here).

It will stop me from defending SD. It's Kaesekopf's forum so I respect his wishes about what I say about it elsewhere.

My reason for coming here no longer exists, so I think I'll just say good bye to you all. Thank you for the warm welcome and kindness you showed me. I had lovely time here.
01-01-2014, 06:20 PM
(01-01-2014 05:45 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  On the indoctrination topic
i personally think indoctrination is wrong,but i wouldnt go as far as calling it child abuse

@grasshopper
even if the person thinks it is the reasonable thing to do,does not mean it is not child abuse. In fact,most child abusers(in the general meaning. Not indoctrination) abuse their child because they think it is the reasonable thing to do. For example,i did get a lot of beatings as a child,and i'm sure many of you guys would say its child abuse,but they did it because they thought it was the right thing to do.

@theotherdude(sorry)
i do not think indoctrination is child abuse,but i think itswrong(as stated above).
Try to put yourself in the parent's perspective. The theist parent sees hell as a real thing to be scared of,just as you see snakes as something to warn your kids against,so you really can't blame them imo.

Assuming that I'm "the other dude".....

I'm going to assume that you mean "child abuse" in the legal definition. That wasn't the way I intended the term.

Just because a parent sincerely believes something is true or right does not mean that they get an automatic pass. Parents impart all sorts of fears, paranoia and neurosis to their children but it may not meet the legal definition of child abuse. A fundamentalist christian would certainly characterize they way I raise my kids as child abuse in their eyes.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
01-01-2014, 06:21 PM
(01-01-2014 01:13 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 01:46 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly ain't sure what's going on here. Huh Are we beating the shit out of a Catholic just for being a Catholic? Jayne you a Catholic? ... So confused ... Huh

No, nobody is being mean to me here. People are being friendly and welcoming. Yes, I am a Catholic.

Oh thank God. For a minute there Girly thought he saw shit going south. Like "Where the fuck's my fundoshi?" seriously south. ... :wipebrow:

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
01-01-2014, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 06:24 PM by TheBear.)
Wink RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(01-01-2014 03:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Now, buzz off!

Tongue

Buzz off?

Hmmmmm...... Consider

Hell, no!!! I'm getting my buzz on! Thumbsup

ETA - I can only guess that drunk posting will be on it's way. We'll see....
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
01-01-2014, 06:31 PM
From KC's introduction thread on SD:

Basilios Wrote:Because Calvin and his religion is satanic. Catholicism is of God.

Kaesekopf Wrote:Because we don't respect non-Catholic beliefs.

It's as though you were to come on here and argue that 5+5=12.

Hobo

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-01-2014, 06:32 PM
(01-01-2014 06:14 PM)Jayne Wrote:  

I doubt if that will stop voxpop, but it might stop Jayne. One of their moderators has already been here a while ago (LouisIX over there -- not sure if he used the same name here).

It will stop me from defending SD. It's Kaesekopf's forum so I respect his wishes about what I say about it elsewhere.

My reason for coming here no longer exists, so I think I'll just say good bye to you all. Thank you for the warm welcome and kindness you showed me. I had lovely time here.

Shame you were one of the more reasonable people of faith we have had, sorry to see you leave so soon. I am glad you enjoyed your brief stay and welcome you to return any time.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post