My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(01-01-2014 06:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Do I get points if the mod approves my account?

You will get two...

[Image: monkey_zps218609e5.jpg]

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
01-01-2014, 06:58 PM
I think I'd rather have redeemable points so that one day I would have saved up enough for a toaster.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-01-2014, 07:04 PM
(01-01-2014 06:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think I'd rather have redeemable points so that one day I would have saved up enough for a toaster.

You should have specified first. Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
01-01-2014, 07:04 PM
(01-01-2014 06:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 06:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Do I get points if the mod approves my account?

You will get two...

Laughat

Best part of that picture is that it looks like he's jacking off with his foot.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
01-01-2014, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 07:15 PM by earmuffs.)
(01-01-2014 07:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 06:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You will get two...

Laughat

[Image: 3078.jpg]

edit: AsianGirly

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
01-01-2014, 07:17 PM
(01-01-2014 07:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 07:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Laughat

[Image: 3078.jpg]

The orang photo was great, but this one beats it. I think I'm going to laugh myself to death...
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
01-01-2014, 08:35 PM
(01-01-2014 09:59 AM)Jayne Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 11:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But at the same time most Catholics I've known don't follow all the church's teachings -- many for example use birth control, or have had IVF, or support the death penalty. . I think that's the most telling thing about the Catholic church today. The majority were indoctrinated cafeteria Catholics, without a clue about what being Roman Catholic actually means.

I would go so far as to suggest if most Catholics understood the church they'd leave it for another religion that better aligns with their core beliefs.

You are almost ready to be a traditional Catholic. Now that you have got this part, there are just a few more beliefs to work on.
Big Grin

For the record, I accept everything that the Catholic Church teaches and have a pretty good knowledge of it.

I think that's awesome. I used to enjoy going to mass -- and the rituals. I still appreciate much of it -- I just don't believe it.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

01-01-2014, 08:40 PM
(31-12-2013 09:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I went to SD so I could try and learn more about what Catholic believe. I have vast knowledge on Protestant theology, but I'm seriously lacking when it comes to other forms of Christianity (Catholicism, Mormons, JWs, etc).

Right off the bat, I was attacked. Once they found out I was a Calvinist, it started to get really interesting.

That place is exactly as those that have been there describe it (I'll refrain because I'm sure some SD people are reading this topic).

It is the most close-minded place I've ever been to. There is an admitted double standard. Catholics are free to say whatever they want; however, non-Catholics run the risk of getting banned. Nothing against Catholic teachings is allowed, so I couldn't even debate them without running the risk of getting banned.

I simply bowed out of that forum. I'm going to continue my research on my own. They were the most horrible, rudest group of people I've met in a long time. No wonder why non-believers hate Catholics the most. I would too if I was treated like that in the name of God.

Here is my intro topic... read it... if you dare.

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...pic=4960.0

Hey KC - I can't read it because I was banned. Can't even look as a guest. Give me the highlights!!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
01-01-2014, 08:42 PM
(01-01-2014 05:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Hmmm, they have just made an announcement that they don't want SD members "defending the forum elsewhere" (like here). If they (the moderators) feel that it needs defending, one of them will do it.

I doubt if that will stop voxpop, but it might stop Jayne. One of their moderators has already been here a while ago (LouisIX over there -- not sure if he used the same name here).

O_o Now they are instructing members on how they should behave on other forums.?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
01-01-2014, 08:44 PM
(31-12-2013 10:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Now you know why there are so many ex-Catholics around here. If anything will cause you to lose faith, it's Catholicism.

Amen to that!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson