My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 08:53 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(31-12-2013 05:23 PM)Jayne Wrote:  Just to clarify, I am not here to talk about Catholicism or preach at people. While I would be overjoyed if any of you became Catholic and am willing to discuss it privately, I do not consider this forum a suitable place for doing so.

I am here because, if people are going to keep criticizing SD on this forum, then I want to defend it. So the case that I am making is that we are no more close-minded on SD than anyone else.

How many people here think that you are wrong about what you believe? I would guess that at least 90% of you believe what you believe. Almost as many believe that those who disagree with you are wrong. And I expect a very small minority are open to changing their minds about any of their strong beliefs.

The only thing that is different about SD is that we openly say that we are right and those who disagree with us are wrong. We openly say that we are not prepared to listen to people who challenge our beliefs. We are just more honest than most people about such things.

Ah yes. Hello Jayne. I remember you. I tried to understand the Catholics problem with homosexuals and got banned for saying the word "vagina"

To be fair, you were the only reasonable one there...willing to discuss without being rude. Welcome to the forum!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
01-01-2014, 08:53 PM
(01-01-2014 06:44 PM)DLJ Wrote:  OK, troops. The first wave of attack has been repelled.

Lucky they don't have the same torture devices that they used to use.

Second wave get into formation and join up on my command.

Angel

[Image: 2wcr63b.jpg]

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 4 users Like Slowminded's post
01-01-2014, 08:57 PM
(01-01-2014 05:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Hmmm, they have just made an announcement that they don't want SD members "defending the forum elsewhere" (like here). If they (the moderators) feel that it needs defending, one of them will do it.

I doubt if that will stop voxpop, but it might stop Jayne. One of their moderators has already been here a while ago (LouisIX over there -- not sure if he used the same name here).

That really kinda makes me sad, especially if it prevents Jayne from returning here. I wonder what they are afraid of?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-01-2014, 09:07 PM
(01-01-2014 08:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...
I wonder what they are afraid of?

Information.

It's killing religion.

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
01-01-2014, 09:14 PM
(01-01-2014 09:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 08:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...
I wonder what they are afraid of?

Information.

It's killing religion.

Big Grin

They are truly pathetic, the owner of the forum reopened that thread KC started after he had banned him (for no real reason) just to run his gums

Quote:Unlocked because I want to say this:

You came here under disingenuous intentions. You posted here at least twice trying to "trip up" them ol' silly Catholics. And now we see why you posted.

Do you atheists have anything else better to do? How empty and meaningless are your lives if it comes to posting at Suscipe Domine, a forum dedicated to that which you renounce? I pity the whole lot of you heathens.

Stay off my forum. None of you have shown yourself to be welcome here.

I know for a fact KC was serious because I tried to talk him out of going there. These nut jobs had someone walk up to them and say hey I want to learn what you guys think and why and they reacted like a bunch of lunatics. Can't say I am surprised seeing as I accurately predicted this outcome. What a sad sad group that can't take any criticism of their ideas. How weak in faith are they to not be able to explain themselves to people that want to learn.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-01-2014, 09:26 PM
(01-01-2014 09:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ...
How weak in faith are they... ?

Indeed.

I find it quite revealing that the self-appointed shepherd was worried about his straying flock.

Pure mind-control... intellectual-slavery.

And worse, as we read, they teach their children to be mind-slaves too.

Sadcryface

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-01-2014, 09:34 PM
(01-01-2014 09:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 09:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Information.

It's killing religion.

Big Grin

They are truly pathetic, the owner of the forum reopened that thread KC started after he had banned him (for no real reason) just to run his gums

Quote:Unlocked because I want to say this:

You came here under disingenuous intentions. You posted here at least twice trying to "trip up" them ol' silly Catholics. And now we see why you posted.

Do you atheists have anything else better to do? How empty and meaningless are your lives if it comes to posting at Suscipe Domine, a forum dedicated to that which you renounce? I pity the whole lot of you heathens.

Stay off my forum. None of you have shown yourself to be welcome here.

I know for a fact KC was serious because I tried to talk him out of going there. These nut jobs had someone walk up to them and say hey I want to learn what you guys think and why and they reacted like a bunch of lunatics. Can't say I am surprised seeing as I accurately predicted this outcome. What a sad sad group that can't take any criticism of their ideas. How weak in faith are they to not be able to explain themselves to people that want to learn.

I think KC was simply guilty by association. It's their forum, of course they don't need to pander to anyone. I just feel its rather bad form to prevent members over there from coming here -- because the unsaid part was they too could be banned.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Maybe they'd just get put in time out..
01-01-2014, 09:39 PM
(01-01-2014 09:38 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Maybe they'd just get put in time out..

It is implied they would be banned permanently which is why Jayne left. She outright asked if she could stay here and was told no.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-01-2014, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 09:46 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(01-01-2014 08:28 AM)Jayne Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 05:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Surprisingly we agree on the new Pope. I dislike him almost as much as you do and for some of the same reasons. He is disingenuous and seems to be playing very loose with the stated dogma for photo ops and headlines. Granted we do disagree what would be an improvement but that's life isn't it.

I don't dislike him. While I am uncomfortable with some of what Pope Francis has said and done, he is still my pope. He has my loyalty and obedience.

It was my understanding that he speaks for your deity, according to your doctrines. Yet I have seen some rather snarky comments over at SD about V2 and -- gee, I wish I could remember it verbatim -- at least one comment that was rather disparaging to popes who have deviated from the hard line that your forum seems to take. Might you address that?

EDIT: Oh, here it is, from "RobertJS":

You are saying Jesus Christ is happy with your personal choice of being an atheist, and therefore you are saved. Of course, that is not true, but unfortunately the false popes and other hierarchical hijackers have been giving the world such a notion since the revolution of the 1960's. It is part of the ecumenical movement.

So, what of that? This poster seems to be passing judgement on the man who is supposedly the head of your church, supposedly from an unbroken line of succession going back to Jesus of Nazareth himself. I would think that the above poster's criticism of Francis would be heresy. Your thoughts?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop