My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(01-01-2014 01:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 01:24 PM)Jayne Wrote:  I can't disagree with any of this. I object to rude and insulting Christians.

Hmmm. KC did play games a bit IMO. He didn't straight up say he were a filthy Calvinist... and he were a bit denunciatory himself which is hardly the way to make friends and influence people... *and* who cares if he got insulted? He knew he was going to encounter heavy fire. Silly bugger Tongue

I think he could have done better in his opening posts. I do think he went there to learn as he said, and I thought that the fact that he had anything to do with this forum was irrelevant, he needn't have ever mentioned it.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
01-01-2014, 10:45 PM
(01-01-2014 10:44 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Let's see.

SD summarily banned all those who joined there from here today, (for reasons only known by staff members), and at the same time, those who recently joined here from there, are more than welcome to stay.

Pretty much sums it up.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-01-2014, 10:55 PM

SD summarily banned all those who joined there from here today, (for reasons only known by staff members), and at the same time, those who recently joined here from there, are more than welcome to stay.

Not just that - many of us have been there for quite some time and we were banned.

Quote:Per the moderators decision and in the best interests of the forum, Chas, Houseofcantor, Zzyzx, Just Joe, Myxolidian Mode and Hughsie have been permanently banned.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2014, 10:56 PM
(01-01-2014 10:33 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Lord Daft Twat.

Another good band name! Big Grin

Sounds too much...

...like Screamin' Lord Such...

Tongue

01-01-2014, 11:02 PM
(01-01-2014 05:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  Voxpop and Jayne haven't really done much defending of the forum, more like defending their own beliefs.

I don't mind having them here at all, some of the conversations were interesting.

Dunno what their homeboys are worried about...

Can't be too careful with sheep wandering too far from the herd... Drinking Beverage

(01-01-2014 06:14 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 05:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Hmmm, they have just made an announcement that they don't want SD members "defending the forum elsewhere" (like here). If they (the moderators) feel that it needs defending, one of them will do it.

I doubt if that will stop voxpop, but it might stop Jayne. One of their moderators has already been here a while ago (LouisIX over there -- not sure if he used the same name here).

It will stop me from defending SD. It's Kaesekopf's forum so I respect his wishes about what I say about it elsewhere.

My reason for coming here no longer exists, so I think I'll just say good bye to you all. Thank you for the warm welcome and kindness you showed me. I had lovely time here.

Well, looks like someone is all done digging for brownie points! Well, he/she/it never gave a response to my Outsider Test for Faith post, so I'm operating under the assumption that he/she/it had no adequate answer and that I won the debate by default.

(01-01-2014 06:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think I'd rather have redeemable points so that one day I would have saved up enough for a toaster.

You sure you want that toaster?

[Image: gty_jesus_toaster_ll_111220_vblog.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-01-2014, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 11:11 PM by TheBear.)
(01-01-2014 10:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Pretty much sums it up.

Sadly, there are many communities like that out there on the inner-webs. They're all in lockstep. They all circle the wagons. Like sheeple, there's the whole groupthink thing going on. They all think and talk in the "us", and "we", and "our" vernacular. They divide "us and them". They see anyone who doesn't happen to agree with them as their mortal enemy.

It's really tragic what religion does to peoples' minds. Sad
01-01-2014, 11:15 PM
(01-01-2014 03:14 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 02:59 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Look , I was raised Roman Catholic and went to catholic school, and was also a alter boy for a few years. That being said, I saw, even at that age, the contradictions and mythology of it all, not to mention the hypocrisy.

I was one of the lucky ones to walk away without doubting that the stories werent true. Just a bit scary to a young child, but then again so was Hansel and Gretel.

Its great for children to have a 'make believe friend' and then grow out of it, but what your doing is child abuse.

If you want to call this 'persecution' to satisfy your need to suffer, than so be it.

Is there a smiley here for "well that joke went over his head"?

That's what meme pix are for. Heh....

01-01-2014, 11:17 PM
(01-01-2014 10:56 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 10:33 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Lord Daft Twat.

Another good band name! Big Grin

Sounds too much...

...like Screamin' Lord Such...

Tongue

Wow, I had never heard of him, had to google. I'm impressed, kinda got a little Alice Cooper like theatrical thing going there. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-01-2014, 11:19 PM
(01-01-2014 10:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Not just that - many of us have been there for quite some time and we were banned.

Quote:Per the moderators decision and in the best interests of the forum, Chas, Houseofcantor, Zzyzx, Just Joe, Myxolidian Mode and Hughsie have been permanently banned.

Yeah. I saw that. It's quite pathetic on their part. It tells me that they, like the many Muslims who also get offended over the slightest hint of disagreement or questioning, can't really stand up to objective scrutiny.
01-01-2014, 11:27 PM
(01-01-2014 05:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Hmmm, they have just made an announcement that they don't want SD members "defending the forum elsewhere" (like here). If they (the moderators) feel that it needs defending, one of them will do it.

I doubt if that will stop voxpop, but it might stop Jayne. One of their moderators has already been here a while ago (LouisIX over there -- not sure if he used the same name here).

Interesting. Which raises the question of who the members of that forum are *really* worshiping, who they hold as an authority in their religious practice, who is their real god, who is their "pope"?.

Some twat on the internet? I can't help but come to that conclusion. They trash their pope. But when some twat on the internet lays down a FATWA that they are not to participate in this forum, they are like, "Oh, JUMP? How high?".

Weird.