My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(01-01-2014 11:17 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 10:56 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Sounds too much...

...like Screamin' Lord Such...

Tongue

Wow, I had never heard of him, had to google. I'm impressed, kinda got a little Alice Cooper like theatrical thing going there. Thumbsup

I am sort of a walking encyclopedia of musical (especially rock and blues) trivia, cursed with a rather photographic memory for such things. I have an image in my mind of a picture of the guy, along with the rather memorable and enigmatic name.

However, I couldn't identify a Screamin' Lord Such song if it bent me over and fucked me in the ass.

So it goes...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 11:40 PM
(01-01-2014 06:14 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 05:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Hmmm, they have just made an announcement that they don't want SD members "defending the forum elsewhere" (like here). If they (the moderators) feel that it needs defending, one of them will do it.

I doubt if that will stop voxpop, but it might stop Jayne. One of their moderators has already been here a while ago (LouisIX over there -- not sure if he used the same name here).

It will stop me from defending SD. It's Kaesekopf's forum so I respect his wishes about what I say about it elsewhere.

My reason for coming here no longer exists, so I think I'll just say good bye to you all. Thank you for the warm welcome and kindness you showed me. I had lovely time here.

Well, there it is, I guess. I don't think it would be unreasonable to welcome you to continue to visit of your own accord rather than representing the SD forum, or even just to lurk and perhaps get to know us a little better.

Best wishes to you and your family.

01-01-2014, 11:45 PM
(01-01-2014 06:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 06:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Do I get points if the mod approves my account?

You will get two...

[Image: monkey_zps218609e5.jpg]

[Image: funny-dog-epic-win-W630.jpg]

01-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Howdy kingschosen/Zzyzx and members of The Thinking Atheist Forum.

I'm Laramie. I am one of the Catholics from Suscipe Domine.

I've only caught bits and pieces of kingschosen's time on SD. My time with the forums has been limited since Fall of 2013. But I wish to perhaps read through this thread and see what happened with kingschosen's visit.

Sometimes, I'll participate in a thread over a period of weeks, or perhaps even revive threads. It's what the internet's good for, I suppose.

Take care, and I hope to be talking to folks soon.

-LH

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
[+] 1 user Likes LaramieHirsch's post
01-01-2014, 11:49 PM
(01-01-2014 08:53 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 06:44 PM)DLJ Wrote:  OK, troops. The first wave of attack has been repelled.

Lucky they don't have the same torture devices that they used to use.

Second wave get into formation and join up on my command.

Angel

[Image: 2wcr63b.jpg]

01-01-2014, 11:53 PM
(01-01-2014 09:41 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 09:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is implied they would be banned permanently which is why Jayne left. She outright asked if she could stay here and was told no.

Oh shit. I didn't realize that.

I had no idea forums demanded such strict loyalty Blink

I've seen it before. It's a clear sign of desperation.

02-01-2014, 12:06 AM
(01-01-2014 11:48 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Howdy kingschosen/Zzyzx and members of The Thinking Atheist Forum.

I've only caught bits and pieces of kingschosen's time on SD. My time with the forums has been limited since Fall of 2013. But I wish to perhaps read through this thread and see what happened with kingschosen's visit.

Sometimes, I'll participate in a thread over a period of weeks, or perhaps even revive threads. It's what the internet's good for, I suppose.

-LH

I'd be interested to know why those of us who did not violate any rule, or even participate in that discussion, got banned.

What it looks like is the behavior of a bully and coward. Show me I'm wrong. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-01-2014, 12:16 AM
(01-01-2014 11:48 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Howdy kingschosen/Zzyzx and members of The Thinking Atheist Forum.

-LH

Welcome to the family, Laramie.

Um but you did see CheeseHead's pontifical edict that no one from SD was to participate here, on pain of death/banishment, or whatever....? I only mention it because I would not want you to risk your membership in good standing over there, if you had missed it. Don't want you to inadvertently cut your own throat over there.

That being said -- and this goes for anyone on the SD forum who might wish to visit, inquire, converse, discuss, or debate with any of us here -- If you have an account here you can PM any of us without fear of Big Brother catching you and expelling you over there.

I kinda would suggest not using the same username here as you do there, since the forum tends to announce who is here.

I would also be happy to lobby for a one-time waiver of the no-sock-puppet rule for anyone from SD would like to continue this discussion without risking their membership privileges over there.

Maybe no one will take up on this, or even respond, but that's ok. I'm just throwing our a couple of ideas. I usually only get one a week.....Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
02-01-2014, 12:24 AM
(02-01-2014 12:16 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Welcome to the family, Laramie.

Um but you did see CheeseHead's pontifical edict that no one from SD was to participate here, on pain of death/banishment, or whatever....? I only mention it because I would not want you to risk your membership in good standing over there, if you had missed it. Don't want you to inadvertently cut your own throat over there.

Howdy. I'm checking in on the tail-end of this thread. I'm hoping to read it all here in a bit.

No, I didn't see CheeseHead's statement. If he kicks me, that's understandable. I'm used to being reviled on different forums, anymore. So, you won't hurt my feelings.

-Laramie

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
02-01-2014, 12:31 AM
What, has KC brought a small invasion force in his wake?
Typical KC.

Dodgy

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post