• 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2014, 02:17 AM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(02-01-2014 02:09 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 01:43 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  troll Angel
Yeah.

K.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 02:17 AM
(02-01-2014 02:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  Waa Jayne left Sad

For whatever reasons, I really would have liked to have established a dialogue with her.

I'm sure you all are thinking WTF TaqDawg? about that....dunno what to say....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
02-01-2014, 05:48 AM
(01-01-2014 09:40 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 08:28 AM)Jayne Wrote:  I don't dislike him. While I am uncomfortable with some of what Pope Francis has said and done, he is still my pope. He has my loyalty and obedience.

It was my understanding that he speaks for your deity, according to your doctrines. Yet I have seen some rather snarky comments over at SD about V2 and -- gee, I wish I could remember it verbatim -- at least one comment that was rather disparaging to popes who have deviated from the hard line that your forum seems to take. Might you address that?

EDIT: Oh, here it is, from "RobertJS":

You are saying Jesus Christ is happy with your personal choice of being an atheist, and therefore you are saved. Of course, that is not true, but unfortunately the false popes and other hierarchical hijackers have been giving the world such a notion since the revolution of the 1960's. It is part of the ecumenical movement.

So, what of that? This poster seems to be passing judgement on the man who is supposedly the head of your church, supposedly from an unbroken line of succession going back to Jesus of Nazareth himself. I would think that the above poster's criticism of Francis would be heresy. Your thoughts?

My thoughts pretty much match yours. I think it's all bullshit anyway, but if you're a believing, practicing Catholic, the Pope is the boss. He is the one who gets to decide who is and who isn't a heretic. It is unbelievably presumptuous for a layman to level that charge at anyone, let alone the Pope himself. They are all like little mini-Popes who think that they know better than the Church what's good for the Church. "RobertJS" is one of the worst. He likes to interrogate everyone on the site about how often they go to Mass, etc. -- like he's the Grand Inquisitor. He's now serving a one-day ban over there for precisely that sort of behavior.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
02-01-2014, 05:56 AM
(02-01-2014 05:48 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  He's now serving a one-day ban over there for precisely that sort of behavior.

LOL. Justice has been served!!!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-01-2014, 06:01 AM
(01-01-2014 10:21 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 08:36 AM)Jayne Wrote:  Catholic dogmas are axiomatic propositions in my thought system.

But catholic dogmas change. They can't be axiomatic.

Well, no -- that's actually one of my beefs with Catholicism. Once a dogma, always a dogma. They absolutely do not change, no matter how silly they may be. The idea that a dogma can change would cause any of those people over at SD to bust a blood vessel...
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
02-01-2014, 06:13 AM
Now you have to share. What's the "best" dogma that Catholics are still applying today?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
02-01-2014, 07:14 AM
(02-01-2014 06:01 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 10:21 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  But catholic dogmas change. They can't be axiomatic.

Well, no -- that's actually one of my beefs with Catholicism. Once a dogma, always a dogma. They absolutely do not change, no matter how silly they may be. The idea that a dogma can change would cause any of those people over at SD to bust a blood vessel...

Meat on Friday?

Unbaptized babies in Limbo?

The infallibility of the Pope? (a doctrine literally younger than the invention of the elevator)

Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
02-01-2014, 08:20 AM

Yeah, too bad. I really love those submissive Catholic girls. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-01-2014, 08:32 AM
(02-01-2014 08:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Yeah, too bad. I really love those submissive Catholic girls. Dodgy

She was fun to argue with... but yeah, over on SD seems like the main boyo has her under his thumb alright. Kinda yuck.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-01-2014, 08:43 AM
(02-01-2014 08:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 08:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yeah, too bad. I really love those submissive Catholic girls. Dodgy

She was fun to argue with... but yeah, over on SD seems like the main boyo has her under his thumb alright. Kinda yuck.

Did you read the thread she had linked in her signature (on SD) explaining her name change. It really puts why she acts the way she does into perspective. She is apparently housebound for some reason and uses the internet and forums in particular as her means of socializing. It stands to reason if that is the case a threat to remove her from a community she see's as her main "home" would be an effective threat. Remember kiddies Fascism started as Right Wing Traditional Catholic Politics is it any wonder that threats and exclusion are how they rule themselves?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post