My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2014, 10:23 AM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(02-01-2014 09:53 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 09:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  Ummm, that's pretty much the definition of 'intimidated'. Drinking Beverage

Gestapo tactics, So you wish to keep this thing you have, well you must do exactly as I say or I shall take it from you. Cheesehead is a bully plain and simple.

OK, she's intimidated -- I'll admit that. But I don't blame her for that, and I don't think it shows her to be submissive. It just shows that she values that forum. The person to be blamed is the forum owner, who is indeed a bully and an asshole. If I owned/ran a forum, it wouldn't even occur to me to tell people what other forums they could visit/post to. Unbelievable...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
02-01-2014, 10:35 AM
(02-01-2014 10:23 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 09:53 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Gestapo tactics, So you wish to keep this thing you have, well you must do exactly as I say or I shall take it from you. Cheesehead is a bully plain and simple.

OK, she's intimidated -- I'll admit that. But I don't blame her for that, and I don't think it shows her to be submissive. It just shows that she values that forum. The person to be blamed is the forum owner, who is indeed a bully and an asshole. If I owned/ran a forum, it wouldn't even occur to me to tell people what other forums they could visit/post to. Unbelievable...

Well, she submitted to the intimidation. So there's that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2014, 10:41 AM
(02-01-2014 08:44 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It's not that he can't ever be wrong about anything. He is only "infallible" when he speaks ex cathedra, which is very rare. Not sure about babies and Limbo. But a dogma is by definition an eternal, undeniable truth. Once the Church declares something as a dogma, it is true forever, and all Catholics are obligated to believe and accept it.

Well, there's your problem. If papal infallibility is an 'eternal, undeniable' truth, how come they didn't figure it out until 1869? So that means that before 1869 it was not a dogma, then after the First Vatican Council it magically became an 'eternal, undeniable' truth? Well, the dogma certainly changed. Also the assumption of Mary wasn't a dogma until Pope Pious XII declared it as such in 1870.

Just how in the hell does one suddenly declare an 'eternal' truth? Consider

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
02-01-2014, 10:45 AM
(02-01-2014 10:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Just how in the hell does one suddenly declare an 'eternal' truth? Consider

Revelation, you silly boy. Laughat

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-01-2014, 10:51 AM
(01-01-2014 10:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 05:59 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...ic=1181.45 look at the latest post lawls

It appears that I have been banned. This was not for anything I posted - looks like I am guilty because I am on TTA. Consider

Wow, those people are freakin' paranoid. Angry

Like I said way earlier you've been found guilty by association. I wonder if the problem is more about what was said here than the behavior over there?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

02-01-2014, 10:57 AM
The origin of papal infallibility is actually pretty funny. Popes used to regularly overrule the pronouncements of previous Popes. So whoever was Pope in 1869 decided that wasn't going to happen to him, and pronounced the dogma of papal infallibility. So Popes are infallible because some Pope said so. Just like the Bible is the "Word of God" because it says it is. Of course, the Bhagavad Gita and the Koran and the Book of Mormon also make that claim, so go figure.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
02-01-2014, 10:58 AM
(02-01-2014 06:01 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 10:21 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  But catholic dogmas change. They can't be axiomatic.

Well, no -- that's actually one of my beefs with Catholicism. Once a dogma, always a dogma. They absolutely do not change, no matter how silly they may be. The idea that a dogma can change would cause any of those people over at SD to bust a blood vessel...

Yes, and those people there are the YEC equivalent in the Catholic world.

Most catholics are cafeteria types....

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

02-01-2014, 11:03 AM
I don't know about that kind of "truth" that can only be true when the doors are closed and the lights are off. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
02-01-2014, 11:15 AM
(02-01-2014 11:03 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't know about that kind of "truth" that can only be true when the doors are closed and the lights are off. Angel

Thats when you can claim anything to be true.... like when you smack your head in the wall, and claim it was the hand of god in the dark. Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
02-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Wow. They actually IP banned us.

Do they really think that's going to stop someone from getting on the forum? Proxies aren't exactly rocket science.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]