My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(02-01-2014 11:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Do they really think that's going to stop someone from getting on the forum?

No, but being a forum full of poopyheads might do the trick. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-01-2014, 11:33 AM
(02-01-2014 11:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wow. They actually IP banned us.

Do they really think that's going to stop someone from getting on the forum? Proxies aren't exactly rocket science.

I was there for months without being banned; I didn't poke them too hard. Dodgy

However, my first impressions that there were some/many really delusional people there, that the forum rules were Draconian, that people were treated unequally, and that they were arrogant toerags was borne out as entirely accurate.

I feel no need to return, but I will certainly have no compunction about publicly criticizing them - especially the head douche. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
02-01-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm a little confused.... why would anybody want to go in that forum or others like it?

I got almost physically ill just reading the one thread the OP posted.

I've always tried to stay as far away as possible from these types of people..... they do really bring out the worst in me, and at my age I like to keep the BP as low as I can. Cool
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
02-01-2014, 12:20 PM
(02-01-2014 12:16 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I'm a little confused.... why would anybody want to go in that forum or others like it?

I've always tried to stay as far away as possible from these types of people..... they do really bring out the worst in me, and at my age I like to keep the BP as low as I can. Cool

I actually went to learn about Catholic beliefs held by the more militant of Catholics. It quickly spiraled out of control and bannings occurred.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-01-2014, 12:21 PM
(02-01-2014 12:16 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I'm a little confused.... why would anybody want to go in that forum or others like it?

They actually have a forum where atheism is allegedly allowed to be discussed.
Except no actual discussion is allowed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
02-01-2014, 12:24 PM
(02-01-2014 12:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

I actually went to learn about Catholic beliefs held by the more militant of Catholics. It quickly spiraled out of control and bannings occurred.

And what did you learn? That you should have listened to me from the start, something that many before you have found out. Smartass

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
02-01-2014, 12:36 PM
(02-01-2014 12:24 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 12:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I actually went to learn about Catholic beliefs held by the more militant of Catholics. It quickly spiraled out of control and bannings occurred.

And what did you learn? That you should have listened to me from the start, something that many before you have found out. Smartass

I know.

You were right. But, like I said... I had to prove it to myself. I'm not going to judge anyone based on someone else's experiences.

I learned that SD is a hell-hole of a forum run by deranged power hungry Nazis... like everyone said. Disagree with them and you're banned from the site. Completely crazy place.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-01-2014, 12:37 PM
(02-01-2014 11:03 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't know about that kind of "truth" that can only be true when the doors are closed and the lights are off. Angel

Secrets, very special secrets.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
02-01-2014, 12:40 PM
(02-01-2014 12:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I actually went to learn about Catholic beliefs held by the more militant of Catholics. It quickly spiraled out of control and bannings occurred.

Yeah I got that, but its like going to WBC and getting your ass handed to you. Just seems that its easy to get the jist of these people without being involved.

(02-01-2014 12:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  They actually have a forum where atheism is allegedly allowed to be discussed.
Except no actual discussion is allowed.

Ok, that I kinda understand, given the chance to make a pro statement for atheism, if possible.
02-01-2014, 01:26 PM
From the Catholics in my life that I know (my family and childhood friends), there is a lot of sacredness to every thing, a lot of ceremony and things, so as a result the people get very offended very quickly. I wouldn't doubt that a whole forum of people who behave and believe in this way would get upset quickly, it's part of the culture. How many times have I heard growing up that the thing I said or did was sacrilegious, offensive, unholy, taboo, etc etc.

Better to learn by observing or by trying to find one patient and peaceful person. Good luck. Tongue