My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2013, 12:29 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(31-12-2013 12:10 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 11:59 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I will agree that we have rude people here, however we do not muzzle anyone. If one of our rude members were to go after you here, you would be free to return fire and defend yourself without fear of being banned.

Right, and that's one of the reasons I don't post there -- I can't argue with them without breaking their rules. But in a way their position is reasonable. If their beliefs actually are "the truth" -- and they are oh so sure that this is the case -- why tolerate any dissent? It's impossible to argue with someone who "knows" that he or she is right. So I don't even waste my time anymore. That's why I am a member and active poster here, and only a lurker there.

I have always felt that a good and true idea should be able to stand up to any criticism. If it can be disproven then it should be, if it cannot withstand scrutiny it is not worth preserving. I have said before they are very weak in their faith, they know it holds no water and they cannot defend it so they can only exist in a safe place that brooks no dissent, an echo chamber.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-12-2013, 12:36 PM
(31-12-2013 12:28 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 12:20 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't know what happened. I give KC shit about rep, but he's one of the best peeps I know virtually and I was gonna go "waive the flag," but now I'm lost. Angry

They probably won't ban him, since he left voluntarily -- but they closed that thread because it was getting out of hand by their standards. They do that a lot. Nothing to stop you from starting a new thread and raising hell until they ban you, though.

Big Grin

There ain't much of a point. Kinda just went over there to support KC, so if he makes a thread, I might jump in with some neck. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
31-12-2013, 12:55 PM
LOLOL, that was a fun read.

KC, should we now refer to you as "agent of Satan" ? Big Grin

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 8 users Like Slowminded's post
31-12-2013, 01:05 PM
They are most certainly 'traditional Catholics' over there.

They know they are right.
They know everyone else isn't.
They maintain a veneer of politeness.
They wrongfully claim tolerance.
They wrongfully claim kindness.
They won't tolerate dissent.
They will do anything in their power to stifle dissent.

If they could burn people at the stake, they would. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
31-12-2013, 01:29 PM
(31-12-2013 10:19 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I like Basilios the best:
"Because Calvin and his religion is satanic. Catholicism is of God."
"Lol u mad? Come at me bro."
"Calvin deserves every bit of it. That agent of Satan should be ridiculed."
"No doubt God has dealt with him. But just to reiterate it's good to make fun of that devil."

Our attack dogs (Taq-dogs Laughat ) are much more eloquent.

Tbh, having read the whole of KC's linked thread, I thought that our reception of some visitors to TTA is much more cringe-worthy.

But (and it's a big butt), a polite intro, like KC's, never gets the attack-dog treatment.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
31-12-2013, 01:33 PM
(31-12-2013 01:29 PM)DLJ Wrote:  (Taq-dogs Laughat )

FTW. Thumbsup

I mean, we're assholes, but for one - we ain't shy about it, and for two - ya ain't gonna get banned nor censored for it.

[+] 9 users Like houseofcantor's post
31-12-2013, 01:38 PM
(31-12-2013 09:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It is the most close-minded place I've ever been to. There is an admitted double standard. Catholics are free to say whatever they want; however, non-Catholics run the risk of getting banned. Nothing against Catholic teachings is allowed, so I couldn't even debate them without running the risk of getting banned.

Most theistic forum sites are akin to that, which is why I avoid becoming members. Those sites are mere veritable praise Jesus forums where non-believers are basically unwanted.
31-12-2013, 01:49 PM
(31-12-2013 12:28 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 12:20 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't know what happened. I give KC shit about rep, but he's one of the best peeps I know virtually and I was gonna go "waive the flag," but now I'm lost. Angry

They probably won't ban him, since he left voluntarily -- but they closed that thread because it was getting out of hand by their standards. They do that a lot. Nothing to stop you from starting a new thread and raising hell until they ban you, though.

Big Grin

Man, hell is faulty doctrine. Angel

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
31-12-2013, 04:38 PM
It is not fair to judge another forum by the standards of this one. By SD's standards, this is the rude and horrible forum. What makes your standards right?
31-12-2013, 05:03 PM
(31-12-2013 04:38 PM)Jayne Wrote:  It is not fair to judge another forum by the standards of this one. By SD's standards, this is the rude and horrible forum. What makes your standards right?

We allow free exchanges. If your particular Ideas are correct then they should hold up to all scrutiny and here we don't muzzle the opposition so feel free to state your case with no fear of being banned.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post