My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 05:48 AM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(03-01-2014 05:17 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 02:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Dive in and enjoy the free thought. Don't be scared.

Don't try to pimp me out like that! I thought you cared...
Weeping

It's not pimping when the product is free.

Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-01-2014, 06:05 AM
(03-01-2014 05:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 05:17 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Don't try to pimp me out like that! I thought you cared...
Weeping

It's not pimping when the product is free.

Tongue

Weeping You are so mean to me!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-01-2014, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 07:16 AM by Othmar.)
I am a former member of that forum. I haven't been on there after a short ban, though I suppose I never really fit there. I've always tried to look at stuff from a nuanced point of view. (My first post on this forum wasn't well received back on SD)

Some of the members can be really nice outside of their delusions. Others aren't. The forum initially seemed decent enough, but it looks like everyone is dragging each other down into a cesspool of hatred, bigotry, pseudoscience and racism.

I'm quite ashamed of such people, and they make me question the validity of my faith. I don't think I can in good conscience associate myself with Catholicism again.
[+] 8 users Like Othmar's post
03-01-2014, 07:19 AM
(03-01-2014 07:10 AM)Othmar Wrote:  I am a former member of that forum. I haven't been on there after a short ban, though I suppose I never really fit there. I've always tried to look at stuff from a nuanced point of view. (My first post on this forum wasn't well received back on SD)

Some of the members can be really nice outside of their delusions. Others aren't. The forum initially seemed decent enough, but it looks like everyone is dragging each other down into a cesspool of hatred, bigotry, pseudoscience and racism.

I'm quite ashamed of such people, and they make me question the validity of my faith. I don't think I can in good conscience associate myself with Catholicism again.

Given the Catholic churches long (on going) history of criminal, immoral and downright evil behaviour, I question how anybody can associate themselves with it in good conscience.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-01-2014, 07:30 AM
(03-01-2014 07:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Given the Catholic churches long (on going) history of criminal, immoral and downright evil behaviour, I question how anybody can associate themselves with it in good conscience.
History is more nuanced than that. And, as is evident from the very existence of that forum, the Catholic Church is a house with many chamber. Still, if these people are supposed to be the true defenders of actual Catholic Tradition, divorced from the temporal politics from Church Leaders...

Detestable stuff that was wrought in the name of Catholicism, either with or without the blessing of Church leaders, is glorified on that forum. I am now inclined to assume that many members there use this variant of Catholicms as an excuse, a coat of paint, for their repugnant behaviour, rather than their behaviour emanating from their supposed belief.
[+] 4 users Like Othmar's post
03-01-2014, 07:34 AM
(03-01-2014 07:30 AM)Othmar Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 07:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Given the Catholic churches long (on going) history of criminal, immoral and downright evil behaviour, I question how anybody can associate themselves with it in good conscience.
Detestable stuff that was wrought in the name of Catholicism, either with or without the blessing of Church leaders, is glorified on that forum.

I certainly hope they don't go around glorifying the Church defending and hiding paedophile priests.
Glorifying the money laundering I don't mind however. The whole Inquisition thing is a bit sore though...

03-01-2014, 07:43 AM
(03-01-2014 07:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I certainly hope they don't go around glorifying the Church defending and hiding paedophile priests.
I suppose we can say they at least don't do that. Quite a lot of them do glorify Jewish persecution, though.
(03-01-2014 07:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  The whole Inquisition thing is a bit sore though...
That is one of those extremely complicated issues. Rather than either sorting out the whole mess between secular and religious politics, or feeling sorry about the whole situation, it's seen as a good thing that needs to return.
03-01-2014, 07:52 AM
(03-01-2014 07:43 AM)Othmar Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 07:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I certainly hope they don't go around glorifying the Church defending and hiding paedophile priests.
I suppose we can say they at least don't do that. Quite a lot of them do glorify Jewish persecution, though.

I'd be lying if I said I expected better...

(03-01-2014 07:43 AM)Othmar Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 07:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  The whole Inquisition thing is a bit sore though...
That is one of those extremely complicated issues. Rather than either sorting out the whole mess between secular and religious politics, or feeling sorry about the whole situation, it's seen as a good thing that needs to return.

Wait. The Inquisitions are seen as good things that need to return? Did I read that right?! There are people who advocate bringing back a system of hunting and torturing people for reasons as trivial as "I suspect they might know a person who lives near a person who was married to somebody who's mother-in-law's friend once talked to an apostate 20 years ago.".
I could not have read that right. No way, no how.

03-01-2014, 08:27 AM
(03-01-2014 07:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Wait. The Inquisitions are seen as good things that need to return? Did I read that right?! There are people who advocate bringing back a system of hunting and torturing people for reasons as trivial as "I suspect they might know a person who lives near a person who was married to somebody who's mother-in-law's friend once talked to an apostate 20 years ago.".
I could not have read that right. No way, no how.
http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...pic=4603.0
http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...7#msg26507
http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...6#msg95496 + http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...2#msg95502
http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...8#msg14418

This is the forum from which SD split, seeing it as too liberal:
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...=3450377.0
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...737.0.html
03-01-2014, 08:37 AM
(03-01-2014 02:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 01:35 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hmmmm, looks like Jayne is no different than the others. And, they talk about deceiving but she speaks with a forked tongue.

From this topic:

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...pic=5121.0

I've said my good-byes at TTA.

I can now see that there are good reasons that I should not post there. I should not have gone there in the first place. I just got so angry at seeing SD being dissed that it clouded my judgment.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:00:14 PM by Jayne

IMO she says that stuff to keep in good with dickface, AKA cheese-fucker. He holds the power... I don't think she was insincere over here. I remember a while back when... someone... oh might have been TTT... was over there, and I read a thread there... or maybe it was Bucky. Anyway, she had a grouse at a mod there and got shat on and did the whole mea culpa mea culpa I realise I was wrong routine... Those dickheads have power and know it and use it. Fuck 'em.

I saw this the same way too.

That malevolent little forum is a religiouus cult in itself, with cheesehead as its deity.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop